PDA

View Full Version : Legion have joined the NXL

Bolter
12-02-2004, 10:29 AM
From p8ntballer.com
----------------------------------------------------

Two new teams in NXL?
Sources are suggesting that Russian Legion bought an NXL franchise yesterday - we have heard this from 3 seperate, extremely well connected people and would put money on it being accurate. They will be playing as the Boston Red Legion...Word is the legion is also close to tying up a large sponsorship deal for - 05 - more on that soon.

A further rumor suggests that Dynasty's players will be filling tha Miami Effect roster in the NXL - more on that soon.

EDIT ADD: Official Confirmation...

"After a small pause, which we took to determine future development plans of our Club, I am glad to announce that yesterday night negotiations with the NXL management about our Club's accession to this professional league were completed successfully in New York. Mr. Dmitri I. Dubograev, Esq., International Legal Counsels PLLC, represented our interests during these negotiations.

"Starting from the next season, the team will perform in the NXL under the name of "Boston Red Legion". In addition to that, we plan to take part in a number of tournaments of the Millennium Series and NPPL under the name of "Russian legion". Next week, we shall post a more detailed description of our plans on our site and carry out the analysis of the team's performance during the season of 2004. We appreciate the support of all our fans!"

Alexander Tarando

----------------------------------------------

makes for an interesting season next year :D What do you all think?

DiRTyBuNNy
12-02-2004, 10:39 AM
sweet...but the Boston Red Legion...that sounds like a mouthful...does Bostom have a substantial russian population (you'd think they'd be smart and pick a city that did) as for Dynasty filling up the ME roster...maybe they'll blow up Entourage after the fiasco at Commander's Cup this past year and let them be the new ME...

adt501
12-02-2004, 12:07 PM
teams did not get to pick their cities, the owners of the teams had to agree on a city

look at detroit strange, non of them live in detroit, but crossman owned the rights to use detroit as their city, hence the name

infact, few of these teams actually have players that live in the cities that their team represents

the old miami effect was from cali, and i think the new one (All As 2), i think most of those guys are from around SP factory in Pennyslvania (i could be wrong on that)

half of chicago aftershock lives in florida

how many of traumas players actually live in baltimore?

oh well, we know the russians will dominate (watch out bobby)

LudavicoSoldier
12-02-2004, 12:12 PM
Boston eh? Represent!

To answer you question, there is a sizeable Russian population in Brighton, which is part of Metro Boston. Odd how Russians seem to congregate in parts of cities called Brighton (Brighton, Brighton Beach, etc.)

xXHavokXx
12-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Philly is so ****ed. They've been sitty all nice and cushy in the NXL, while the Leigion has been maruading the other series'. Go BOSTON!!!!!!! Kill strange, philly and dynasty.

rkjunior303
12-02-2004, 01:10 PM
Holla!

Way to go Boston. Now a NXL Jersey worth getting. I've always been RL fan, too. Awesome news!

DiRTyBuNNy
12-02-2004, 03:48 PM
The City of San Diego still needs compensation for having such a horrible team such as Legacy in this city. Why can't they just sell out to Dynasty anyways?

slade
12-02-2004, 04:11 PM
damn, so this doesnt mean RL moved to Massachusetts? :cry: . Legion is my favorite team too, itd be awesome to see them at the field... until the first game

68magOwner
12-02-2004, 04:29 PM
i *heart* legion, and know that they will do extremely well, gonna be a good season

DiRTyBuNNy
12-02-2004, 05:51 PM
damn, so this doesnt mean RL moved to Massachusetts? :cry: . Legion is my favorite team too, itd be awesome to see them at the field... until the first game

No...I don't think a group of russians are going to move to Boston just to play paintball...all the NXL teams play under a city name...and the Legion are going to play under Boston...that's all...

WARPED1
12-02-2004, 07:46 PM
Nice, the Dynasty boys will be good in the NXL I think.

DiRTyBuNNy
12-02-2004, 08:05 PM
Nice, the Dynasty boys will be good in the NXL I think.

yeah...then they can bring back Mini-Mike Cota...his illegal gun from San Diego would be more than legal for NXL play..