PDA

View Full Version : Which is a better gun?

Coray
12-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Impulse with alota ups or a dye matrix?

Honest answers please.. :)

thanks

FSU_Paintball
12-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Matrix, no question whatsoever.

As long as it's got eyes.

nt2004
12-02-2004, 03:46 PM
dye matrix. Seriously, no contest between the two

Glickman
12-02-2004, 03:48 PM
doesnt sound like youve shot a matrix. ;)

Matrix 110%

Coray
12-02-2004, 03:52 PM
K cause i bought an imp off pbnation.com and my mom's having second thoughts cause of a dent, scratches, and missing impulse gem (no big deal but she doesnt like it) and i might get a matrix instead..

Coray
12-02-2004, 03:59 PM
i got around $525-530 do you think i could get a nice matrix?

magman007
12-02-2004, 03:59 PM
get the matrix, you wont be dissapointed. i remember telling you to get a trix in the first place.

Coray
12-02-2004, 04:02 PM
yeah, i shoulda listened but i can send this impulse back cause im probably gonna have to cause of my mom and all

68magOwner
12-02-2004, 04:48 PM
ok, i ahve owned a imp with every up, and milling/ano, and a DYE trix with about every up on it as well, but, ave played with a stock dye trix too (teammates) honestly, i think most people will say the trix is better, but, i would disagree.

trix- with stock board, about the same speed, but, definately fast, with tadao, fastest thing i have shot that will pass a ref (not with legal settings, but, will pass a ref for shure), no kick, quiet, not terribly efficent with image (stock) bolt kit, good gun, lil heavy, but not too bad, easy to maintain if you know what your doing (took mine apart and took like less than 5 min to understand everything/what needed to be done with it)

imp- fast, no kick, no chops, not real efficent, but not real bad, easy to maintain

this is one of the things where i would say you cant go wrong either way, personally i preferd the imp, lighter (with milling), less chops (even though ppl say vision sucks, it worked better than my trix beambreak eyes, and i have yet to see a dye trix go all day without chopping (field paint)) as fast, and i just all around prefer a ram/hammer marker over a spool valve one, but, the trix was definately good too. I would have to say play with both, for me, the trix got heavy at the end of a long day, and was harder to snap shoot with, and post up on people for a real long time (not horrible by any means, but, you will be tired by the end of a LONG day) i think you will be happy with either, and neither is decisively better

Coray
12-02-2004, 04:56 PM
ok so we got 1 for imp/trix and rest for trix... not sure what to do... convince mom to stay with imp...or try andfind a trix for around $530

FSU_Paintball
12-02-2004, 04:58 PM
I gotta disagree with 68 mag owner...

Impulses have basic design flaws. These flaws can lead to chopping, boltstick, and shootdown among other problems. Seriously, they're like a Bushmaster with a couple design weaknesses. Not ALL impulses will give you trouble, but some will have strange problems. Most of these problems go away when you upgrade the main components of the impulse.

However, they still are more troublesome (by and large) than a matrix. I guarantee there's more Impulse problems per capita than matrix problems.

I think if you ask impulse owners, the majority of them would tell you they'd rather be shooting a matrix. I seriously doubt it goes the OTHER way.

And to answer your question, yes, you can get a matrix in the $500-600 range. I'd look for a good deal on a Dye Matrix (DM3)

personman
12-02-2004, 05:00 PM
Get the trix.
Or, if you like the impulse style, send it back and get a bushmaster PDS. The new bushy 2k5s are coming out and those are going to be tight, but the 2k4s are nice as well.

Coray
12-02-2004, 05:17 PM
K what upgrades should i look for in a trix?

68magOwner
12-02-2004, 06:17 PM
tadao(the newer the version, the better), evolve bolt kit, good LPR, low rise, not necessiciarily an aftermarket trigger, i had a cp roller, ad swapped it out for my stock one because i found the stock nicer, must have eyes (any fast marker needs em)

-=Squid=-
12-02-2004, 06:18 PM
If you already got the Impulse, don't send it back unless he is absolutely 100% ok with it. Any other conditions and that would be an absolute dickhead move.

Otherwise... on a $550 budget, you can get some decent guns. Just make sure they have eyes. I bet you could get a matrix with eyes for that price if you shop around. You could also look into an 03 viking (unlikely, but i've seen people trying to get rid of them sell that low)

Other guns would include classic timmies with clamshell, MAYBE a 2k2.

Whatever you choose, you will have to shop around to get a good gun with eyes in that price range.

- Goro

Coray
12-02-2004, 06:23 PM
I no what you mean I feel like a huge dickhead but its not my choice... its my moms.. heres the story..

my mom said shes gonna take it to a shop and if he says one bad thing about it i have to send it back...and the guy said its a bit dirty so now shes convinced that it wasnt well maintained :(... she said theres more scratches than expected and she doesnt like how the gun logo is missing and the rails kinda scratched so she wont let me buy the gun..

Its my only xmas present so she was me to be 100% happy and I geuss this didnt satisfy her. :(

She wont change her mind either... so i have no choice

adt501
12-02-2004, 08:12 PM
a fully upped imp will keep up or beat anything on the market, but it doesnt sound like you got a fully upped imp

i mean by fully upped as in WASd, delrin bolt, new trigger or frame, lpr, all that jazz

the matrix stock will be better, especially if you get a new bolt or tadao

and it sounds like your mom will be using the gun more then you, j/k

Glickman
12-02-2004, 08:23 PM
no what you mean I feel like a huge dickhead but its not my choice... its my moms.. heres the story..

my mom said shes gonna take it to a shop and if he says one bad thing about it i have to send it back...and the guy said its a bit dirty so now shes convinced that it wasnt well maintained ... she said theres more scratches than expected and she doesnt like how the gun logo is missing and the rails kinda scratched so she wont let me buy the gun..

Its my only xmas present so she was me to be 100% happy and I geuss this didnt satisfy her.

She wont change her mind either... so i have no choice

heh whats so bad, your getting a matrix! :clap:

Fatjon
12-02-2004, 09:13 PM
i would go for the trix all the way. i shoot one and absolutly love it.

Not to sound like a dick, but if your mom bought the gun from me and sent it back. I would send it staight back to her cod for the shipping cost. thats just not right

Coray
12-02-2004, 09:32 PM
0im paying all his shipping costs if my mom makes me send it back.

68magOwner
12-03-2004, 04:04 PM
did you already pay him? if so, and he held up on his end of the deal (did he specificiacly say the marker had NO scratches on it?) then i definately wouldnt take it back if i were him, online selling/trading has no return policy unless set up before deal is made