PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro advice.

PowerFedMag
11-06-2001, 06:50 AM
Hey, since I just got the RT (oops I found out its an RT...heh), can anyone give me some general advice on, like what's so different than my old Mag (like internal wise, not the obvious, it shoots faster, etc...).
What are common mistakes or problems with it?
Anything special I should be aware of?
How can I tell when my N2 tank needs to be hydroed?

I know on my Auto-Mag, the only thing that could really go wrong with it, was a seal could freeze up or get old, or perhaps a leak out of a fitting (which never happened), unless I like took a hammer to the Valve...
Is that pretty much the same on the RT?
I think I have some leaks on mine, but that can be fixed easily...I think. Also, the trigger frame pin that goes into the RT Valve, is very very tight on the frame, I used a wrench to get it off. Now sometimes my gun fires\burps when I gas up, is that because the pin needs to be in a certain postion?

Thanx fer any advice.

PS - I assume I can get an Intelliframe for my RT Pro?
Also, is there an RT video? I read the online manual, it didn't seem that helpful.

PowerFedMag
11-06-2001, 03:22 PM
so where all all the RT pro's?

2000Sabre
11-06-2001, 08:20 PM
I'm an Rt Pro user. Note very technical so may not be able to answer your questions. That's why I haven't posted to your thread prior to this. Don't want you to think its being ignored.

Anyway here's what I can answer:

You can get an Intelliframe for an RT Pro. You just have to tell AGD it's for an RT because I believe they need to make a slight modification to the frame.

You can tell when you're tank needs to be hyrdo by finding the date of the last test. It's usually on the label of the tank. Carbon fibre and steel tanks need to retested every three years. Find the date and three years from that date is when your tank needs retesting. There are some newer tanks which can now go five years as well.

There's a video for the RT. Call AGD, give them the serial number of your RT and they'll send you one.

Hoped this helps. By the way, here's a picture of my RT Pro

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/peter-simmons/images/peters_rt1.jpg

Xzion
11-06-2001, 11:41 PM
The Intelliframe will fit an RT PRO right out of the box, the only Intelliframes need modifications are when theyre being used on the old style AutomaG RT's as the Fieldstrip screw is bigger because the air flows through the rail, through the fieldstrip screw and into the valve. The RT PRO's use a standard 'mag fieldstrip screw, so the frame will be the same on the RT PRO as it would be on a 68AutomaG or MinimaG.

ChrisRT
11-07-2001, 01:51 AM
I use an RT Pro an I love it. The trigger rod I believe is supposed to be at a standard length(Preset by AGD), but I don't know exact specs. My RT came witht the inteliframe already on it so I got lucky.

PsychoMag
11-07-2001, 06:35 AM
I love my RT Pro!

It is a chrome vertical, with black intelleframe and clear dye stickies. It also has a full freak kit with silver tip. I use a Nitro Duck TuffSkin tank with clear Angel Loc-socs. This particular tank is a 5 year hydro instead of 3. I also have a clear Richochet 2K.

I have used my RT Pro for ages, I love it and have never had any problems. I have never even blown a Ptube oring yet :)

I put a few drops of autolube in my valve first each time I play, and every other month I buy a rebuild kit for it, usually when the spring is noticeably compressed. I have never had a problem with the RT not working. Also, use the STOCK parts. Several players on my team use RT's now and all realize that the best of everything is stock.

PowerFedMag
11-07-2001, 02:27 PM
if I wanted an Intelliframe for my RT (NOT RT PRO), would that cost extra or have to be milled with the field strip pin being considered?

What happens when the trigger burps when I gas up...heh

cphilip
11-07-2001, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by PowerFedMag
if I wanted an Intelliframe for my RT (NOT RT PRO), would that cost extra or have to be milled with the field strip pin being considered?

No, they just drill it out for you.

Burp? How do you mean? :D

try this....Hold the trigger back and air it up real quick.

PowerFedMag
11-07-2001, 03:45 PM
the lil guy fires off a couple o times...with my finger pullin em...doh!
THat happened after I took out the field strip screw, and put it back in, perhaps it was not in far enough or tight enough, or the seals were just sealing...on my RT, hee hee.

Hey one other thing, this is hard to explain but its a theory of mine.
When my N2Tank was fully gassed, I would gas up my RT, yay.
Now, my n2 tank has like 2psi (well, very low psi at least), and when I turn it on, I hear a little snap crackle pop sizzle sound in the back of my gun...like a tiny pressure leak, I believe its on the left side of my RT, either one of the 2 screws or the hardline. I was thinking maybe there is not enough pressure to seal the teflon tape so its leaking. BUT, I could be completly wrong and it was actually leaking when my N2tank was fully pressurized and I just never listened close enough!