PDA

View Full Version : Matrix:Online (MxO)

Dayspring
12-03-2004, 10:51 AM
Anybody on AO a beta tester right now? I'm in on it and really enjoying it. The bug hunting is kinda cool too. Can't much talk about it because of the NDA. :(

You can preorder the game and get in on the beta test still. They give you a special power and let you in 3 days before the launch of the game in Jan. if you do.

www.ebgames.com
www.gamestop.com

Let me know. I wanna kick tail with AO guys!

Will Wood
12-03-2004, 10:53 AM
What would they do to you if you broke the NDA?

Dayspring
12-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Remove me from Beta at least. And that's no fun.

As for legal action, who knows.

Dayspring
12-03-2004, 11:01 AM
If you run a search for Matrix Online, you'll see screenshots and what not of beta testers that are posting. I just won't do it.

Will Wood
12-03-2004, 12:22 PM
How's the game though?
What kind of game is it, I mean. What do you do?

edweird
12-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Nick ... once I get my new compy built I plan on getting in on the beta. Until then I play DAOC still and we have a work thing going on with it but are in the middle of level grinding our buddys up where we can play together instead of dragging them along like 3 yr olds with wiffle bats.

Dayspring
12-03-2004, 02:04 PM
Once you get in Ed, let me know.

FYI- the beta characters are wiped before launch, but Beta Testers are allowed in 3 days before the rest of the world and they get a Hyper Jump ability from Day 1.

As for what you do- its a Massively Multiplayer Online Game. You do missions and stuff. There's lots to do, as it takes place after Matrix:Revolutions. Check out the website-

www.thematrixonline.com

Rmarks
12-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Once you get in Ed, let me know.

FYI- the beta characters are wiped before launch, but Beta Testers are allowed in 3 days before the rest of the world and they get a Hyper Jump ability from Day 1.

As for what you do- its a Massively Multiplayer Online Game. You do missions and stuff. There's lots to do, as it takes place after Matrix:Revolutions. Check out the website-

www.thematrixonline.com

I just pre ordered it online. Hopefully I can get in the beta sometime soon.

MrWallen
12-03-2004, 09:23 PM
I tried the beta, I just didn't like it, the combat was way-unfun.

Had some good concepts though, just didn't like the combat at all.

Dayspring
12-04-2004, 01:54 AM
Combat is a bit like some of the RPGs out there. Hits are scored on a "roll" of dice, which is influenced by your stats.

I kinda like it. It also makes sure it's not a twitch fest and that lower speed connections can still play.

Miscue
12-05-2004, 01:39 AM
WoW > MxO

Dayspring
12-06-2004, 12:43 PM
Meh!

I'm not ready to try yet ANOTHER MMORPG...

I did enjoy City of Heroes though. That was alot of fun.

thecavemankevin
12-06-2004, 04:19 PM
any idea what the monthly fee will be?

Dayspring
12-06-2004, 10:59 PM
Around what the other MMORPGs are pulling- roughly $12-15/mo