PDA

View Full Version : i need to know this movie

master_alexander
12-04-2004, 01:30 AM
I was over at my girlfriends house watching (sort of) this movie, it had ben affleck and matt damon who were angels that were banished from heaven, they want to get back into heaven by walking into a church in new jersey so their sins would be forgiven. there is this girl, she was special (one of the last S???? don't know) and met this guy and his friend, all the guy wanted to do was screw her, and the other guy oly said one word the whole movie and smoked everywere. she was expecting that they were profits, but they were not, then chris rock came out of the sk and hit the ground, he was the profit. so they are on this journey to kill these angels (cut wings off then they r mortal and kill them) so they don't destroy the universe by proving god wrong. of course chris rocks team wins and god turns out to be a woman. i need to know this movie, it was soooo funny !!!!

thanks in advance,

alex

ritz
12-04-2004, 01:32 AM
the movie is "Dogma"

magking1971
12-04-2004, 01:32 AM
Dogma

Eatem Alive
12-04-2004, 01:36 AM
one of the best movies ever...kevin smith is genius.

master_alexander
12-04-2004, 01:37 AM
that's wat it was !!!!

Muzikman
12-04-2004, 01:39 AM
And if you liked Dogma, go check out Clerks, Mall Rats, Drawing Flies, Chasing Amy, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and Jersey Girl (Though, Jersey Girl did not stick with the Kevin Smith comedy style).

fire1811
12-04-2004, 09:08 AM
yep dogma is a very funny movie.
chris rock is pretty good in it

silentdeath55
12-04-2004, 04:28 PM
The thirteenth apostle, Rufus, lol. Great movie.

BobTheCow
12-04-2004, 04:34 PM
:( Am I the only one that just really didn't think this movie was all that funny? Granted, I've only seen it on Comedy Central, so there may have been whole buttloads cut out... but still, I don't know, just didn't do it for me. Maybe it deserves to be rented.

dynastyfan
12-04-2004, 04:48 PM
it really does deserve to be rented, i love all the movies that kevin smith has made except for jersey girl.

gimp
12-04-2004, 05:12 PM
It's the only kevin smith movie I like. I only like it because I've gone to sunday school for so long and it does such a good job poking fun at religion. If you aren't religious at all then you probably won't understand any of the jokes and you won't like it.

Wait, I do like Jay and Silent bob. But clerks, mallrats, chasing amy, just don't do it for me

BobTheCow
12-04-2004, 05:16 PM
Yeah I've been raised pretty Catholic, so it should make sense. I've also been raised with my dad always making fun of religion, so it should be funny, too. :p

Destructo6
12-04-2004, 05:25 PM
Am I the only one that just really didn't think this movie was all that funny? Granted, I've only seen it on Comedy Central, so there may have been whole buttloads cut out... but still, I don't know, just didn't do it for me. Maybe it deserves to be rented.
Nope, I thought it was pretty lame.

RoadDawg
12-04-2004, 05:58 PM
It's the only kevin smith movie I like. I only like it because I've gone to sunday school for so long and it does such a good job poking fun at religion. If you aren't religious at all then you probably won't understand any of the jokes and you won't like it.

Wait, I do like Jay and Silent bob. But clerks, mallrats, chasing amy, just don't do it for me

Uhh thats kinda odd. After all Jay & Silent Bob was pretty much all of the other movies jokes mashed together into one "super" movie. Mallrats is by far my favorite.

MonsterMag
12-04-2004, 11:58 PM
I was over at my girlfriends house watching (sort of) this movie, it had ben affleck and matt damon who were angels that were banished from heaven, they want to get back into heaven by walking into a church in new jersey so their sins would be forgiven. there is this girl, she was special (one of the last S???? don't know) and met this guy and his friend, all the guy wanted to do was screw her, and the other guy oly said one word the whole movie and smoked everywere. she was expecting that they were profits, but they were not, then chris rock came out of the sk and hit the ground, he was the profit. so they are on this journey to kill these angels (cut wings off then they r mortal and kill them) so they don't destroy the universe by proving god wrong. of course chris rocks team wins and god turns out to be a woman. i need to know this movie, it was soooo funny !!!!

thanks in advance,

alex

that is the best description of dogma ever :D

good Job :headbang:

Flow_Tech
12-05-2004, 12:12 AM
anyone else find the chick in that movie..kinda good looking?

Evil1
12-05-2004, 03:44 AM
Yeah, she is pretty in her own way. I believe her name is Linda Fiorentino.

Muzikman
12-05-2004, 04:25 AM
Dogma is only good is you understand the Catholic religion and don't take offense when people make fun of it. But, if you fit into that group, it is a hilarious movie.

Clerks by far is my favorite Kevin Smith movie. It's just so raw.

digitard
12-05-2004, 05:49 AM
Definitaly watch ALL the Kevin Smith movies. They're all great in some aspect.

CLERKS is awsome cause its very artistic, and has great character banter between Dante and Randal.

MALLRATS is just the bomb. Chocolate Covered Pretzel?

Chasing Amy has some excellent dialogue and is actually a pretty good flick. The rain scene is one of the few Affleck moments I dug in movies.

Dogma is excellent because of the stand it took.

Jay and Silent Bob is just hilarious. Watching Jason Lee and others play multiple parts is excellent too.

BUT... The best of it all.

AN EVENING WITH KEVIN SMITH.

Its not a "movie" but its so great. Basically Kevin Smith, as well as Jason Mewes in some parts, went on a "lecture circuit" of various colleges and had a full on Q&A with "no holds barred" questions. They answered everything people asked. Kevin's reactions and statements are just excellent. The man truly can think on his feet and he doesn't hold anything back. You hear everything from the little things making movies, to the first time he hooked up with his wife. You can get it in the SPECIAL INTERESTS section of BLOCKBUSTER or in some the Comedy section. Its 4hrs, 2dvd's.