PDA

View Full Version : Automag barrel question

Laager
12-04-2004, 11:20 AM
What do you guys think about Smart Parts Progressive Barrels for Automags? Any suggestions for a barrel system?

TIA

Tunaman
12-04-2004, 12:13 PM
I never liked those barrels...there are alot of better ones.

Echo419
12-04-2004, 12:31 PM
The only SP Barrels I have shot in my own personal guns have been a 14" Tear Drop, and 14" All American... EXTREMLY pleased with both these products

kevdupuis
12-04-2004, 12:38 PM
J&J makes good single and multi piece barrels and systems at a decent price, check them out. Also check out other barrel manufacturers for better barrels and prices.

Autosnipe
12-04-2004, 08:52 PM
I have a 16 inch all american, and im not that impressed. I also bought a 12 inch dye xcel and love it along with j&j. J&j is quieter. Both very accurate and more effiecient.

jamescell
12-04-2004, 09:10 PM
the progressive and teardrop are the same barrel with different exterior milling, I have used a tear drop and loved it. It is one of the best barrels I've ever had. For the record I must say the worst barrel I've ever had was a cp, beware! :cheers:

fire1811
12-04-2004, 09:11 PM
i like the all american.

but i currently am using a custom products barrel kit and love it, no complaints

jamescell
12-04-2004, 09:28 PM
I forgot to mention, the cp I used was a one piece. I have heard that the kits work well, sorry fire 1811

fire1811
12-04-2004, 09:31 PM
no problem bro everyone has there own opinion.

it took me a few years to try a cp agian since the first one piece i bought right when they came out had a few problems.

but for the price you cant beat em

frop
12-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Lapco Snapshot = Best Evar! This thing is a beaut, I love it, I just need to get paint quality that matches the barrel quality... :tard:

Eric Cartman
12-05-2004, 06:31 PM
14" Ultralite / Boomstick = teh win!!!11ONE!

dsrkd
12-06-2004, 01:33 AM
Skip the progressive. Sanchez Machine SM-1, J&J, Dye or (hate to say it because it's SP) Freak have served me well. CP has done well for me too.

robb2269
12-06-2004, 04:02 PM
I have had 2 differant all american barrels I was not impressed do like the name though. Currently I'm using a DYE ultralight with 3 backs and 2 fronts. I like real light three differant size back and 5 or 5 ront available but pricey. Good luck everyone has perfence the field mat let you try differant ones out for a game or two or barrow and decide whats best for you.

siloseven
12-07-2004, 01:49 AM
Any body tryed HammerHead or the Lapco Accu-Shot? those are the two I'm looking at getting and just wondering your guys opinions.

REDRT
12-07-2004, 10:09 AM
I have used the Poison Products, "Poison Arrow System" for a year now. All three "EDGE" Field teams use this product (Mr.Yuck, PointBlank and Short Bus). I think I can speak for the the rest of the guys by saying it is one of the best we have ever used! Tac driving accuracy and if for what ever reason you might have a ball breakage one can shoot through it maintaining 90% accuracy! Shooting my Emag I have had maybe one or two balls ever blow-up, but I was firing the lanes as quick as I could, I never really noticed. Most of us don't have squeegees anymore or we don't carry them on the field anyway, we don't need them. The "Poison Arrow System" is the Finest I personally have used. There is a full write-up of it in the new APG. Or look for it at www.smootherthanglass.com ...

TheLaxPlayer
12-07-2004, 04:38 PM
I have a 12" All American (the older style) and I like it alot. Very quiet and as accurate as I could hope it to be considering the cheap paint I use. I also have a 12" Crown Point barrel that I occasionally use just for kicks. It is louder, but surprisingly accurate.

Speaking of barrels, I need to get some nubbins, right now I have a bent up bobby pin stuck in place. It kind of works.... a little :eek:

Boydster
12-09-2004, 09:36 PM
I have a one piece J&J Ceramic for my A-5 and love the thing. I guarantee it's just as good as a Bigshot which are 130 bucks and this barrel goes for 29 dollars at some stores. If you get a ball break, shoot 2-3 times and your barrel will be shooting almost as good as if you just squeegeed. Plenty of porting so it's quiet. I'm looking to get this barrel for my new (actually used) mag.