PDA

View Full Version : First rec game

Dave
11-06-2001, 03:42 PM
other than a one-on-one, with my bud, this was the first real game I had.

The first game I survived and was not hit, nor did I hit anyone

The second game, I shot my friend in the top part of the mask, but it bounced off, and he got me in the arm later on.

It was great! The only non-great thing was, I chopped 3 or 4 times.

I am thinking that this might have been because I am not used to the gun quite yet. On of the guys said to me when we were done something like "well, a mag is out of the picture, it chops too much" I wanted to say to him, "The mag doesn't chop, I chop." but it didn't come to me until later. I really think it was my fault cause I was short stroking all over the place. I had just gotten the new intelliframe, and this was the second time I had ever used it. I must have chopped two times by short stroking or something, but then I chopped while shooting regularly. The thing was, the chopped ball was a different ball than the main thing I was shooting(I had like 10 left in the hopper so I just put new paint in along with them, so I had a few Big Balls left and the rest were PMI. When it got to the Big Ball, it chopped. Was this because the paint was different, or a different size than the paint all around it, so it didn't feed correctly? The last thing I want is my mag chopping, and I really don't think it chops a lot, just that an automag is different than other guns, its more particular to how you use it, and you have to get a good feel of it or something. Never did it chop on me when I was in a fire fight, only on the sides, and practice, so that was good. But I have a Big Game coming up and I was wondering is there anything else I can do besides running more paint through it and getting used to the trigger? Yes I oil it and clean is just about every time I use it. would a fomieless bolt work? What about that one long bolt I was hearing about that you could only go 11 bps but with no chops. I really think the problem was not in the gun, but still, it lame when people see it happen and say, "oh, mags chop too much"

well, I guess I'll just have to get more used to it. Any other suggestions? When I get enough experience behind me, I am sure the guys I play with won't be so quick to talk about my mag if ya know what I mean:)

-Dave, loyal AGD customer and supporter

Dave
11-06-2001, 03:46 PM
Also, until I get a chronograph so I can check the velocity of my gun, I might have to get a new barrel. I could be thirty feet away from a guy behind a tree, and still not hit his mask or parts that were showing. It was just inconsistant enough so that no shot went where the other one was, so I missed every time.

I have a DYE Excel 14"

Any suggestions on barrels? I was thinking of a lapco bigshot or a J&J ceramic. Anyone know anything about a brand called Perfect Bore?

Thanks,

-Dave

AngelBoy
11-06-2001, 04:54 PM
Just get an allen wrench that fits the velocity adjuster, and turn it down about a fourth of a turn, dryfire it a few times then shoot it with paint and if the paint goes straight then leave it, but if it doesnt then repeat the process.

bsusigep18
11-07-2001, 12:03 AM
As for the chopping. I had exactly the same thing...especially since i was coming over from a spyder to a mag. I'm starting to get used to my trigger very quickly, and i no longer chop balls. If i do end up chopping a ball, i always know why, i can feel it now. I took a full 68/45 and emptied it to get used to the trigger, that helped me a lot. So just get used to your trigger, as for your barrel, just get a good paint/bore match. Figure out what you'll be using and find something that matches closely. Im personally a big fan of my freak, which is unbelievable, but thats pretty expensive, but worth it in my opinion. Good luck! and you'll get used to the trigger, don't worry.