PDA

View Full Version : pump mag leak, ideas?

space_weazel_45
12-05-2004, 04:22 PM
I recently finished my pump mag, but I have a leak issue and currenntly can not think of a solution, after a shot the bolt sticks forward as it should but the on/off does not stay closed so it leaks down the barrel, is this normal?
i cant think of any way to cure this, the on/off is stock and on/off pin is within spec,I have the wavespring in without a bumper, I'm almost cirtain that i need a cutdown one which I will have to get.
any ideas to fix this? or is it buisness as usual?

Xas
12-06-2004, 02:36 AM
my pumpmag did the same when the bumper got worn down. I just cut a new one and everything was fine. Once you get one made I am sure the problem will be solved.

space_weazel_45
12-06-2004, 06:29 PM
up

space_weazel_45
12-07-2004, 02:27 AM
could this be a spacer issue?

Muzikman
12-07-2004, 10:25 AM
That is going to be a PowerTube spacer problem.

One thing that most people don't realize is that the origianl pump kits came with a super short spacer.

Find the shortest PT spacer you can and it should work. If you can not find a short spacer, send me a SASE and i'll send you an old PT spring. It will work too.

space_weazel_45
12-07-2004, 03:32 PM
i have two .220 spacers and a few old springs, so the springs should work? otherwise order a spacer kit and use the smallest one?

Muzikman
12-08-2004, 09:52 AM
i have two .220 spacers and a few old springs, so the springs should work? otherwise order a spacer kit and use the smallest one?

Yep, I acutally used a spring in my 2nd pump mag until I got a shorter spacer. Worked fine.

I have about 20 of those PT springs. No need for them any more, but they are still in my box:)