PDA

View Full Version : Recoil?

$BoMoney$
12-06-2004, 02:33 PM
Well I am sort of a AO n00bh4t so that's the reason for all my threads recently. This time I just have one question left unanswered. How is recoil with Xmags? :confused:

Creative Mayhem
12-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Well I am sort of a AO n00bh4t so that's the reason for all my threads recently. This time I just have one question left unanswered. How is recoil with Xmags? :confused:

In comparison to other markers, I'm sure that the xmag has more recoil. I don't find the recoil bad at all.

Dayspring
12-06-2004, 02:57 PM
It's got a lighter reciprocating mass than many guns out there, but there are also others out there with less mass than the Xmag.

webmstrk9
12-06-2004, 02:58 PM
There is some recoil, not noticeable in my opinion, too busy paying attention to the players on the field.

White_Noise
12-06-2004, 03:19 PM
seeing has it has a lighter reciprocating mass, and a slightly heavier overall mass than most markers, the recoil is basically nothing compared to any other marker. the slight extra mass overall helps to stabalize the marker against the force of the reciprocating mass.

LittlePaintballBoy
12-06-2004, 03:30 PM
It has less than other guns, say, 98 customs.

magman007
12-06-2004, 03:33 PM
although, compared to a trix, or even a viking, i found my sfl e-mag kicked like a mule

$BoMoney$
12-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Lol... How about compared to a spyd.... err timmy? :p

LittlePaintballBoy
12-06-2004, 03:39 PM
More.

Dayspring
12-06-2004, 03:41 PM
Definitely less than a spyder. Look at the hammer in that thing! The level 10 bolt is mostly hollow.

And why am I not surprised that Magman was going to come in and say "My mags suck compared to what I'm shooting this second before I trade it." :rolleyes:

White_Noise
12-06-2004, 03:41 PM
vikings and excals and trixes(not dm's) are also high mass markers (more mass than a sfl/xmag) with relatively small reciprocating masses.

as for spyders/timmys, theyre some of the lightest markers with the most reciprocating mass, therefore they kick like nothing else.

as for the sfl kicking like a mule, ive never had that problem....maybe its cause im used to shooting real guns where recoil is actually quite noticeable.

TheDuelist
12-06-2004, 03:43 PM
Recoil is minimal making the marker very easy to control. If you have good shooting technique there shouldn't be a problem putting your shots where you want them.

LittlePaintballBoy
12-06-2004, 04:04 PM
From personal experiance timmy's have a hell of a lot less kick then EMags and XMags too.

Mr. Mouse
12-06-2004, 06:21 PM
i have an emag and i assume e-mag/xmags are somewhat similar, e-mags have somewhat of a kick but hell they shoot straight :) (if you have the right barrel or paint to barrel match, i use a kapp kxs barrel on my mag w/ ule body)

$BoMoney$
12-06-2004, 06:40 PM
Thanks for all the replies people. I have another question so I will just post it here :D. How is the trigger feel on an Xmag? Can someone who has shot newer matrix's and/or timmy's get this one? thanks once again.

- Bobo

Murtle20
12-06-2004, 08:00 PM
I had an X-mag now have a DM4. The pull on both are very light, but the Trigger on the X can be set a little shorter and lighter because theres no micro switch.

Ph0
12-06-2004, 08:01 PM
a lot less than my eblade when shooting 18 or 19 bps

Lohman446
12-06-2004, 08:06 PM
Because the e-mag uses magnets and an HES sensor the trigger is virutally infinetly adjustable, if you know what your doing. BlackVCG did my trigger and it was awesome.

As for recoil, the mag seems to have A LOT more recoil than my Shockers, I dont know why it just did. THe mag to me had a noticeable amount of recoil, enough to throw lanes off in long lines. let me say this, try one, than see what yuo think.

magman007
12-06-2004, 09:57 PM
Definitely less than a spyder. Look at the hammer in that thing! The level 10 bolt is mostly hollow.

And why am I not surprised that Magman was going to come in and say "My mags suck compared to what I'm shooting this second before I trade it." :rolleyes:

nick, im not ragging on em, im just giving my opinion on the marker. i still love em, i just wont use one as my main any more, i believe i hae found a much better marker, thats all

MindJob
12-07-2004, 10:48 AM
although, compared to a trix, or even a viking, i found my sfl e-mag kicked like a mule

Agreed. My X kicks pretty good to when you lean on the trigger. I get 'barrel rise".

If you comare it to a DM4 or Angel, yes, there is more recoil. Realatively speaking though, its not THAT bad.

PBX Ronin 23
12-07-2004, 12:04 PM
Compared to nelson-valved open bolts, the X-Mag's recoil should be less. But compared to spool-valved guns, the X-mag's recoil is noticeably more.