PDA

View Full Version : Combining a tac one with an emag

MADS~DW~
12-06-2004, 03:45 PM
Iv just bought an emag and was wondering if i could combine my tac one rail and mainbody with the e grip frame. Is this a goer or not???? :confused:

:shooting:

Potatoboy
12-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Works perfectly fine. AGD actually offers an E-Tac.

http://store.airgun.com/images/product/large/lg_388.jpg

Dayspring
12-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Yup. You can do it. You may need to change your on/off pin length to match that of the Tac rail however.

MADS~DW~
12-06-2004, 04:47 PM
So the rail will fit straight to the e frame?

:dance:

MADS~DW~
12-06-2004, 04:50 PM
Oh and do you know where i can get a battery charger for the e mag in the uk??
errm before christmas

Dayspring
12-06-2004, 05:08 PM
Yup.

So the rail will fit straight to the e frame?

:dance:

Dayspring
12-06-2004, 05:09 PM
Contact John Sosta at AGD-Europe.

Oh and do you know where i can get a battery charger for the e mag in the uk??
errm before christmas

purple
12-06-2004, 06:15 PM
I've done just that. It's got the wingless tac rail, tac one mainbody. J&J barrel, Xvalve and e mag lowers i even weighed how much it is all together

the e-xvalve-tac weighs
1628 grams

the e-tac with e-mag valve weighs
1791 grams

the e-mag normally weighs
1913 grams

the tac one weighs
1415 grams

mind you they have slightly different drops on the gripframes, but otherwise they are identical. PM me if you want an excel spreadsheet that has the individual part weights of both guns

Hope this helps

Purple

MADS~DW~
12-09-2004, 01:58 PM
iv tried to swap the tac main body and rail ov but have found that there is no hole in the tac rail for the eye in the breach.
Q. do i need the eye as the x valve is fitted with a level x.

TMAXXKING1
12-09-2004, 02:06 PM
iv tried to swap the tac main body and rail ov but have found that there is no hole in the tac rail for the eye in the breach.
Q. do i need the eye as the x valve is fitted with a level x.

seems your emag has ace..... and all these other guy's are thinking of a standerd emag

if you have ace you will need to get some one to drill the holes for the eyes
unless you take the eyes out ....

lvl 10 there is really no use for eye's with it just my thoughts on it

MADS~DW~
12-09-2004, 02:33 PM
dont fancy drilling my mag , and if the lvl x does the same job better then how do i remove the ace ??

Dayspring
12-09-2004, 02:35 PM
How does your emag have the ace board?

TMAXXKING1
12-09-2004, 02:44 PM
the emag he owns is from europe ... or it could be an sfl ... i have seen few emags on ao with ace some came stock and some people added ace to them ....

as for takeing out the ace send tunaman or classicmagger a pm.. i am not sure but i think they just unplug......

MADS~DW~
12-09-2004, 03:01 PM
cheers for the advice gents , the emag is from s africa and i bought it from an english guy so who knows why its got ace. the point is (i think) that i dont need it .
ill take a look and see if it does unplug but it seems v tight in the rail at mo.

TMAXXKING1
12-09-2004, 03:14 PM
take off the grips and look for plugs if the ace wires are that tight i would leave them in that rail and use the rail that came with the tac one

MADS~DW~
12-09-2004, 03:24 PM
iv tken the grips of and have found that the wires are plugged in to the board but also a green wire and a black wire go throught the top of the grip frame and go to a blue chip looking thing. is that normal cos it looks a ***** to remove. on closer inspection the board has been removed in the past , for what i know not. Oh and the mainbody is the type without a seperat rail and instead has the one with the swapable breaches , i have the vert and the warp left. :confused:

Dayspring
12-09-2004, 03:27 PM
That means you had an XMAG. That's different than the Emag.

And in order to take the ace out, you'd need to connect the power lead to the ACE board to the lead from the main board. The ACE board has an on/off that controls the power.

MADS~DW~
12-09-2004, 03:34 PM
I had wondered if this mag was someking of hybrid because the body looks xmag but it had a emag valve in it when bought. If i have bought an xmag then MUHUHUHUHUHUHU!!!
What should i do then ? keep the marker in the same configuration or ETAC it?
DAYSPRING what differances are there with axmag compared to an emag ??

Dayspring
12-09-2004, 03:37 PM
You must have an early edition Xmag. As some came with the emag valve in them.

The only differences really are the unified rail/body, ACE board & removable breech.

I personally say, keep the Xmag. It's more rare than the Tac.

Is it a cut/carved Xmag or plain old?

MADS~DW~
12-09-2004, 03:43 PM
its not carved like iv seen other xmags but it is nicely shaped and rounded.
Im still tempted to ETAC it just for the waight differance.

MADS~DW~
12-09-2004, 03:58 PM
it looks exactly the same but in red.

personman
12-09-2004, 04:43 PM
it looks exactly the same but in red.
That's not really an Xmag, its an extreme e-mag.. which is an early xmag.. but then again, I guess you can argue its an eXtreme e-mag and call it an xmag..
Hell, just call it an unmilled xmag. That works fine :p

I dont think there will be as big of a weight difference with that gun.

MonsterMag
12-09-2004, 04:49 PM
in the case that is an xmag , you are gonna need to take off the combo body-rail and put a tack with a rail on there