PDA

View Full Version : Dragun Bonez info?

Ghetto
12-06-2004, 05:08 PM
A Friend of mine is looking for his first marker. He had pretty much decided on a RT ULE custom up until a few days ago. A guy that started working with him has a Dragun Bonez for sale. Included is a nitro duck tank, freak set and a evolution. All this for $250. I have yet to see the gun or gear included so I'm not sure on the condition(hes gonna bring it by tomorrow). I think for the price as long as the marker worked its worth buying. However I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with these markers or could point me towards a site where I could read up on them. I checked pbreview but most of the reviews seemed to be written by people that have never owned anything but a Dragun or thought that they were the best gun ever produced. I'm looking for a little more objectivity.

evan123
12-06-2004, 10:34 PM
Mags> Blowbacks x1231234124123

Ghetto
12-07-2004, 12:17 AM
Mags> Blowbacks x1231234124123
How informative.:cuss: Mags are great I own 2 but I'm not debating the uberness of any gun just looking for some info on the dragun bonez.

SpecialBlend2786
12-07-2004, 01:20 AM
How informative.:cuss: Mags are great I own 2 but I'm not debating the uberness of any gun just looking for some info on the dragun bonez.

I think he ment that your friend would be better off going with the RT that he had decided on.

The bonez is capped at 12 bps I believe. Nothing really that fancy.

I think he'd be better off going for a new 04 Spyder Imagine or even a new eforce piranha, and getting a used nitro tank or whatever off the classifieds.

xXHavokXx
12-07-2004, 01:33 AM
They aren't anythign special. Go with a spyder or pirahna.

alooney11
12-07-2004, 01:54 AM
Please go with a mag or cocker, stay away from the blowbacks.

ScatterPlot
12-07-2004, 02:22 AM
You could get all that for the barrel/tank/etc. and sell the marker itself on Ebay. Throw in an old mask and co2 tank and you have yourself a nice "package" for someone. What are the specs on the tank? And forgive me for my ignorance- what threading do Dragun barrels use? I would guess spyder, but I dunno. Again you could get rid of the back on Ebay and buy one for use in a mag if you wanted to.

SpecialBlend2786
12-07-2004, 02:44 AM
You could get all that for the barrel/tank/etc. and sell the marker itself on Ebay. Throw in an old mask and co2 tank and you have yourself a nice "package" for someone. What are the specs on the tank? And forgive me for my ignorance- what threading do Dragun barrels use? I would guess spyder, but I dunno. Again you could get rid of the back on Ebay and buy one for use in a mag if you wanted to.

I believe they use spyder barrels

peewee
12-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Its a decent deal depending on which bonez he has. Whats the spec on the tank. If this guy is a beginner then its a decent deal for entry level. The only issue that I have heard of with some is blowback causeing chops. My friend had one for about 3 months before he bought a bushy. functioned without a hitch. But he had me playing tech.

TheTramp
12-07-2004, 10:52 AM
I believe they use spyder barrels

You're absolutly correct.

Ghetto
12-07-2004, 10:29 PM
Its a decent deal depending on which bonez he has. Whats the spec on the tank. If this guy is a beginner then its a decent deal for entry level. The only issue that I have heard of with some is blowback causeing chops. My friend had one for about 3 months before he bought a bushy. functioned without a hitch. But he had me playing tech.

I'm not sure of the specs on the tank. He supposed to bring it by tomorrow. He said its a 68/4500 aluminum tank. So I'm thinking maybe its a tuff skin ( which i know isn't aluminum but has a metalish look I suppose) or he was misinformed and its a 3k. Anyway after I get to see the gear I'll post some more detailed info. He's been playing for a year or so. I have so many guns its no big deal to let him borrow one of my setups. He usually shoots one of my mags or my shocker. I kinda think he's trying to "sell" himself on this gun because of the other gear included. He wanted to get a freak and nitro eventually anyway. Buying this package he gets everything he had planned to buy for less than he wanted to spend on just a marker. Up until this point he's looked at mags, cockers and shockers. I told him IMO a mag was the best choice. But if the bonez floats his boat that's cool. I just don't want him to be stuck with a POS. Thanks for the replies thus far.

ScatterPlot
12-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Aluminum tank? That's weird. The only metal ones I've ever heard of were steel. Are you sure they even exist?

Ghetto
12-08-2004, 11:58 PM
Aluminum tank? That's weird. The only metal ones I've ever heard of were steel. Are you sure they even exist?
I had an old PE 48 cu in the closet so I dug it out. It says aluminum on the bottle. As does there web site heres a quote "48cu aluminum bottle, Consistent Flow Technology piston, Mil-spec Belleville springs, dual safety rupture plugs for both bottle and downstream safety, mechanical gauge, nickel plated brass bonnet, certified fill nipple and dual locking set screws."

ScatterPlot
12-08-2004, 11:59 PM
Wow. Learn something new every day! :D

Ghetto
12-09-2004, 12:06 AM
Heh, when I first picked the tank up I thought there is no way this is aluminum, its heavier than my old crossfire 114 I use on my shocker( but its carbon fiber). 114 tank and the old skool shocker, now theres a front players gun ;)