PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into paintball!! So what happened while I was away?

slateman
12-06-2004, 11:57 PM
So I left paintball for a while cus of money, work, and school. But now I'm back. Or at least planning on going balling this winter break.

I was never able to sell my mag. The guy I had a deal with backed out so I just decided to keep it.

So what did I miss?? THe last time I was here was when Level 10 was just comin out. Think my last post was in the official help thread.

SpecialBlend2786
12-07-2004, 03:35 AM
lol you've missed alot......:)

welcome back!

BobTheCow
12-07-2004, 07:59 AM
lol you've missed alot......:)

welcome back!You've missed a ton of helpful posts like these.

AGD released the Tac-One, and is discontinuing production of everything with "mag" in its name. Classic, RT, E, X... bye bye. SP gained control of a patent that involved electronics in paintball markers, that ended up forcing a number of companies to either sign agreements with them or stop producing their electronic markers. They know share that patent with WDP.

The Tac-One is AGD's scenario-aimed marker, they feel that right now they have a chance at being more successful in the scenario scene as opposed to the tournament scene. As a result, it was decided jointly that Clare's (Copoiera) contract as spokesmodel with AGD wouldn't be renewed, since she's still becoming more and more involved in the tournament scene. She's been on a number of teams, several all-women that she's helped start.

Hmm, even longer ago... X-valve? Aluminum (lighter) valve with lvl 10. There have been a rash of Timmies and Shockers, mainly with newer flashy milling and anno. X-ball got big, and allows ramping boards to a certain point.

I don't know man, that's a long time to try and recall everything that happened. Anybody else feel free to jump in here.

Welcome back!! :cheers: