PDA

View Full Version : Automag or Autococker

Bomex
12-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Hey guys, well i am in a deadlock decision between an A.N.S. Gx4 Chaos Autococker and A ULE Custom. Please help me out here. I will be very grateful if you state the pros and cons of both....I want a very durable and easy to use marker that is accurate and light. I mostly play front or mid. ALL opinions are welcome.

master_alexander
12-07-2004, 01:06 AM
aaaahhhh the old question, mag or cocker. i choose mag, you don't have to time it, there is more upgrades it is smaller, the hAIr will soon hopefully be coming out. a cocker is a boatload of trouble. time it, get velocity correct, make sure hoses tight, use correct paint, spena $$$$$ on e frame, so personally get a mag.

oh yeah opposite side story:

so you want a cocker? cool, still well known and has the e blade already out, besides, mags can be a bit heavy, who cares if you need to time it every couple of weeks, learn how to do it yourself. cockers are cool, they have the backblock that moves back and forth, i could watch/listen to that 4 hours.

hope this helped a little. it still comes down to what kind of player you are.

welcome to ao!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

SpecialBlend2786
12-07-2004, 01:22 AM
Tough choice. I'd take the mag over the ANS genX, but then again i'd take a CCM series 5 over the mag. Series 5's are under $400 by the way :)

Mister Sinister
12-07-2004, 01:35 AM
As far as easy to use and durable goes I think the Mag wins hands down... In that price range an 05 Bushy would be tempting to me too. :D

Vaktathi
12-07-2004, 01:43 AM
I own 2 cocker's, and if your looking at either a stock GX4 (I love those) and a ULE custom, I'd go for the ULE, you do all sorts of things to get the trigger crazy short on a ULE custom, and unless you want to sink alot of time and money into a GX4, i'd go with the mag. I love cockers, and dont have a mag, but that will be rectified someday. but I'd go with the mag, less stuff to worry about and cheaper after all is said and done, and prolly faster stock as well. I've seen a mag with a pull thats just as short as many electro's, and all it took was four hours of trigger work by the proshop tech, and this was without spending $450 on an E2 or Raceframe (I own a Race...)

although, if your looking for a totally custom gun, cockers are the thing to look at, with mag's, you have alot of customization options, but cockers take what mag's have and multiply it by twenty. but again, thats also only if you want to sink a lot of cash into a gun.

Little_Ho
12-07-2004, 01:53 AM
Hi there i have both, a WGP 2003 A/C Vertical Feed and i think 3-4 Mags.
I bought first the A/C after a couple Games i had trouble with breaking Balls in the Breach. I decide to shoot a friends Classic Mag. I was imprest by shooting this one. So i decided to get me my own Mag. I tried to use it as Backup, but i mainly used it. So i still have my cocker but iam shooting Mags now.

My opinion, try to shoot both of them for a little while and then decide wich way you wanna go.
Btw i had both Markers setup with a Warpfeed and the same Hopper. And they both mech Marker.But i fell in love with the Mags. Easy Handling all i need is Oil. Nothing else (after Adjusting the Lvl X).

Here is a link to my page. Take a look at the Markers.......

My Page/Directory (http://mitglied.lycos.de/pezipezi/America/Paintball/Marker/)

Little_Ho

Bomex
12-07-2004, 02:32 AM
Thanks Guys your input is appreciated

Bomex
12-07-2004, 02:37 AM
Nice Minimag Little_HO i used to own a mini...loved it, but the sport was getting expensive and i didn't have time.

Little_Ho
12-07-2004, 03:29 AM
Hey thanks man.
But soon as i get my Y and Z Grip i will upload more pics. And the ULE Warpbody is underway too. So keep an eye on my pics.....

Little_Ho

osustevie
12-07-2004, 06:23 PM
I prefer mags over cockers. I have a classic and a Tac One. I had an Orracle and got rid of it in a week. JMHO good luck. :cheers:

68magOwner
12-07-2004, 06:26 PM
personal preferance, id take the mag, actually, id take an electro, but, between those 2, mag

JoshK
12-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Go mag...im trying to sell my cocker cause i made the wrong decision.

SCpoloRicker
12-07-2004, 06:36 PM
both.

/used, cheaper than most newer electros

Mr. Mouse
12-07-2004, 07:14 PM
well i hate cockers, i was fixing mine every time i fricken played, get a mag save your self the trouble while your a head

FallNAngel
12-07-2004, 07:58 PM
aaaahhhh the old question, mag or cocker. i choose mag, you don't have to time it, there is more upgrades it is smaller, the hAIr will soon hopefully be coming out.

Uh... I have a very good feeling there's more upgrades available for a cocker than there are for a mag. Once you time a cocker, you don't need to continously do it... just do it correctly the first time and be done with it.

GT
12-07-2004, 08:20 PM
both,
but if you choose a mag it must have ULT, if cocker then go slider.

P8NTBALLER590
12-07-2004, 08:20 PM
i like both. i like cockers for there wierdness and i like mags for there light and compactness. :)

FallNAngel
12-07-2004, 09:06 PM
if cocker then go slider.

You're right, because preference has nothing to do with it :rolleyes:

DiSoRdeR
12-07-2004, 09:15 PM
I remember when I first asked this question, brings back memories lol. To tell you the truth, the better one out of the two is the one that you prefer more. If you like one more than the other then get it. I would suggest trying both out at the field of local paintball store, if you cant you can always read reviews about both at www.pbreview.com

I am not longer in your position because I have a Minimag already and Im getting a Black Magic. I know those wernt your choices, but I almost bought a GX4 before. They are really nice, and I would recommend them. I have not used a RT ULE Custom before so I cant say any thing about them. Hope this helped alittle. And which every one you decide on there better be pictures!

personman
12-07-2004, 09:27 PM
They both shoot paint :)
Mags shoot paint faster, and without any chops out of the box.
You can upgrade the cocker to shoot fast, and minimize the chops..
I would go with the mag.
If you're going with the cocker, pretty please dont buy the ANS :(

yakitori
12-07-2004, 09:33 PM
aaaahhhh the old question, mag or cocker. i choose mag, you don't have to time it, there is more upgrades it is smaller, the hAIr will soon hopefully be coming out. a cocker is a boatload of trouble. time it, get velocity correct, make sure hoses tight, use correct paint, spena $$$$$ on e frame, so personally get a mag.

oh yeah opposite side story:

so you want a cocker? cool, still well known and has the e blade already out, besides, mags can be a bit heavy, who cares if you need to time it every couple of weeks, learn how to do it yourself. cockers are cool, they have the backblock that moves back and forth, i could watch/listen to that 4 hours.

hope this helped a little. it still comes down to what kind of player you are.

welcome to ao!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Amazing post man. First to respond and everything. I couldnt have put it better myself. Great post master_alexander!

purple
12-07-2004, 09:39 PM
I played with a guy at lonestar in San Antonio who had a GX4

He was so angry with it because on top of the price for one of those( high i presume at the time) he had to get something in it milled down because the thing wouldnt time right (been a while since then) The only problem me an my buddies have had with our mags (2 emags, classic pf and tac one) is not enough money/paint/time/energy to play paintball constantly

mags rule

Purple

B.A.M.
12-07-2004, 10:06 PM
With mags if somethings wrong it 99% a quik fix. I've seen many cockers go down for the day and need to be fixed by an air smit. If you want some thing durable go with the ULE

GT
12-07-2004, 11:26 PM
You're right, because preference has nothing to do with it :rolleyes:

read the first post.

ALL opinions are welcome.

Falln,
get over yourself. everything is personal prefernece in this sport.....er game.

Boski51
12-08-2004, 12:59 AM
You have plenty of feedback, however, I'll add mine as well. I have owned or still own and played with Angels, Matrix, Karni Cockers, pump and a Rogue Built Mag. They are have good points and bad. Cockers are a pain in the *** when they don't work-beautiful when they do. They do take work and understanding to use well.

Mags are customizable, easy to shot and maintain and they are not very expensive-all things considered.

I don't know what games you play or how you play but you can't go wrong with a Mag.

Boski