PDA

View Full Version : bought a automag this weekend

zzbudzz
12-07-2004, 12:16 PM
i bought this automag this weekend at the field ,the guy wanted 200 bucks for it .i got it for $120 .i put air in it and dry fired it about 20 times at the field worked fine,now it starting to leak air from the back of the adjustment knob. i figured it needed all new o-rings ,so i'm going to order a Mag O-Ring Replacement Kit from airgun designs. i noticed the other automag i just got has a differant valve ?this one is called a A.N.S. QUALITY PRODUCTS. PHASE II AIR VALVE.is it the same as a standard classic 68 valve?will it take the same Mag O-Ring Replacement Kit ?

Dayspring
12-07-2004, 01:21 PM
It's an aftermarket valve. It's no better than the stock valve.

If it's pissing air out the back, turn down the velocity. If that doesn't work, replace the reg piston.

And yes, it will take the standard Classic rebuild kit.

zzbudzz
12-07-2004, 02:54 PM
so, you think replacing the Regulator Piston Assembly will fix the air leaking out the back ? along with replacing all the o-rings? ;)

Mr. Mouse
12-07-2004, 03:13 PM
i bought a classic mag this weekend too for 120 :) what a quiwinceadence( no idea how to spell it) mine came with a foregrip, double trig mod, 12 inch lapco barrel what bout yours? :D

Dayspring
12-07-2004, 03:32 PM
There's one oring in that back part. Try turning the velocity down first. Then replace the oring on the reg piston. Then replace it. (In that order.)

so, you think replacing the Regulator Piston Assembly will fix the air leaking out the back ? along with replacing all the o-rings? ;)

young-rt
12-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Just bought a mag rt on ebay with dye grips, drop foward, benchmark double trigger, and some kind of aftermarket copper barrel. For $ :shooting: 240

Autosnipe
12-07-2004, 05:55 PM
I bought one last week...glad to see people still buying these!! kick ***. Mine also leaked out the back of the valve. I just turned the velocity down. Mine was missing the bolt bumper and the spring was worn to crap so that may have been my problem. I bought the kit to fix these things and BAM shoots fine. Shot a case and a 1/2 of paint and not one break or problem. I tore the whole gun down and replaced all orings, oiled, and cleaned then reassembled and this thing is PEARL

zzbudzz
12-07-2004, 07:29 PM
i messed with it so more today and i think i fixed it ,i shot about 100 balls through it broke one(cheap paint).one problem i noticed the tigger will "stick" for about 20 or 30 seconds then reset and shoot again?must be a simple problem ,i 'm going to buy a o-ring replacement kit first. i wish i knew how to post pics, i'll put a pic up on here.anyway it came with a 10 and 14 inch dye barrel drop forward and camo wooden grips. :shooting: