PDA

View Full Version : I need a History LEsson!

paintslinger
12-07-2004, 01:33 PM
hey well it feels nice to be back. some of u might remember me some wont. but i've been out of pb for about 2 years and now i've found my way back. i donno whats happened in the last 2 years so anybody care to give me a history lesson?

GT
12-07-2004, 01:35 PM
hey well it feels nice to be back. some of u might remember me some wont. but i've been out of pb for about 2 years and now i've found my way back. i donno whats happened in the last 2 years so anybody care to give me a history lesson?

sure,
pic in your sig doesnt work :rofl:

Skywalker
12-07-2004, 01:46 PM
sure,
pic in your sig doesnt work :rofl:
haha

Muzikman
12-07-2004, 02:18 PM
Paintball took a turn for the worse. Get back out now and save yourself the time, money and energy.

I am not kidding.

Creative Mayhem
12-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Paintball took a turn for the worse. Get back out now and save yourself the time, money and energy.

I am not kidding.

Speak da truuff yo!

If you don't have a problem with your current marker and playing recball you are okay, but the technology/tourney crap is trying the patience.

SAW
12-07-2004, 02:55 PM

I am not kidding.

What he said

ojhspyro89
12-07-2004, 02:55 PM
Speak da truuff yo!

If you don't have a problem with your current marker and playing recball you are okay, but the technology/tourney crap is trying the patience.

I totally agree with no negative disagreeements. The guns are getting so fast that a bps cap is put on boards. Also there are more than enough sure ways to cheat. There are boards that ramp, up velocity,and do just bout anything u can make them do. Paintball is going down because of hype. ill still play, but im playing for myself not for my image.

Mr. Mouse
12-07-2004, 03:48 PM
i agree, and be ready to fall back into the money pit :eek:

JoshK
12-07-2004, 04:14 PM
well i joined slightly after you left then...i wish i knew how it used to be...or maybe not because then ill realize how crappy it is now... :rolleyes:

i_baked_cookies
12-07-2004, 04:38 PM
the year is 2004. easily manufactured metal peices that look good cost alot. hype and advertisement have taken over the sport. kingman has 50 new guns that are essentialy the same. millions of ignorant newbies have taken over the field with tippmanns. and god forbid if there are more legal troubles.

GT
12-07-2004, 04:53 PM
well i joined slightly after you left then...i wish i knew how it used to be...or maybe not because then ill realize how crappy it is now... :rolleyes:

go to an AO meet, that is how everday of paintball used to be. :headbang:

JoshK
12-07-2004, 05:19 PM
i dont think there are ever any by me...i dont know.

SOAD8789
12-07-2004, 06:01 PM
its not that bad, dont scare the poor man away! just dont buy into the hype that everyone is making a big deal about....and yeah, there are a lot more ways of cheating....

paintslinger
12-07-2004, 08:49 PM
shucks seems like things have changed. so what are other forms of cheating around these days? back in my day all we had was various wiping techniques and trigger bounce if u wanna count that.

SAW
12-07-2004, 08:55 PM
There are boards that ramp, up velocity,and do just bout anything u can make them do.
Ramping = when marker hits a certain bps, it automaticly bumps up the ROF. EX: Guy may be shootin 12 bps but the gun bumps it up to 18.
Up velocity = just what the term says: Makes the gun shoot hot.
All that, plus the usual wiping/playing on... :rolleyes:

mag88888
12-07-2004, 09:05 PM
ive been playing for almost 4 years and things are getting sorta weird. but that wsa funny what someone said about kingman and 50 new markers that are the same. my whole school is erupting with hundereds of younger and ignorant kids with tippy m98s.' as what someone said above. they all talk crap and think that they are just so amazing and when they get onto the field they dont want to be shot. and technology is getting outa wack. who the hell needs to shoot 40 bps or even 15 to 20 bps. you only need to get hit 1 time, in most all cases. if you can find the right people then its just fun. but if your gonna hang out with some 12 year old kid with an angel that his parents bought him then itll suck. but welcome back, its still fun. i hope im not convincing you that its crappy now.

evan123
12-07-2004, 09:23 PM
This overrated marker called a dm4 came out. Alias= intimidator. Intimidators took over the tourney scene. Dynasty became popular. Shockers aren't bricks. Many things have happened

paintslinger
12-07-2004, 09:25 PM
so ramping is kinda like an upgraded turbo mode. one thing that interests me is how the velocity up'ing works. sounds like u would need an electric reg or something? anyone care to explain how it works? also is there anyway that refs have been able to stop the use of these cheats in tourneys?

afultz075
12-07-2004, 10:01 PM
It all has to do with the board changing dwell. Dwell determines how long the hammer hits the valve, the longer it hits the valve, the higher fps.

Head knight of Ni
12-07-2004, 10:59 PM
Which is a rare cheater board when compared to ramp/bounce.

Trina
12-07-2004, 11:10 PM
go to an AO meet, that is how everday of paintball used to be. :headbang:

Yeah, AO meets are definately a MUST for the real paintball experience! :dance:

JoshK
12-07-2004, 11:11 PM
i dont like the ":ninja:" it makes me have nightmares...

Trina
12-07-2004, 11:53 PM
Better?? :D

frop
12-08-2004, 12:07 AM
i dont like the ":ninja:" it makes me have nightmares...

:rofl: :rofl: How this?
http://img29.exs.cx/img29/2936/ninja25.jpg
:D

nastymag
12-08-2004, 03:45 AM
1998 - year i started ....paintball had the best thing happen to it (me) / tounry teams shot mags,cockers and angels ... Also the year the bushmaster came out ...not after the impulse as all the newbs think.
1999 - people where barly starting to get warm to the idea of vert feeds, cockers still shoot farther then anything ot there/ Avalanche was the bomb diggity.
2000 - the angel LCD comes out ! yay! ....tourny ball is almost all moving into hyperball and airball.
2001 - impluse ! .... Emag / SFL EMAG ...Matrix...Dynasty is created ...SC Ironmen are the thing
Halo A comes out and flobs badly ! ...10 man reighned supreme
2002 - Timmys start taking over the tourny seen. Revy still is the thing to use. late 02 the Xmag comes out, becomes what we all want. Jeremy Salm dress like a :ninja: and snipes a bunch of GZ players. diffirent types of impluses start reproducing like crazy! ...Nppl and PSP split... bunch of teams go play Xball ..paintball goes down a little bit.
2003. - NPPL IS THE BEST SERIES, picks up 7 man format (good idea!) , HALO becomes supreme ... SP starts sueing people because they patented the "electronic" gun, Timmys and Matrixes are the thing !
2004...10 man dies ...well you can fill the rest

uh i probably missed a whole bunch

JoshK
12-08-2004, 04:10 PM
:rofl: :rofl: How this?
http://img29.exs.cx/img29/2936/ninja25.jpg
:D

AHHHHH!!!! there goes my nightmares again.

msm0711
12-08-2004, 05:08 PM
Wanted to add: Mags now take cocker barrels, for us old guys, it's sacrilege, but we cope........ :nono:

Muzikman
12-09-2004, 01:17 AM
And I would like to add that Tom Kaye is no longer the pres of AGD;) I am trying to make light of this sad news.