PDA

View Full Version : Mag+Local Tourney

ColdFuzion
12-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Well, there was a small local tourney I played in last weekend... I went to the field the day before the tourney, to make sure my (New... I really didn't need to test) Mag was working. The kids asked if it was 'That new Angel'. This was fun... Then, at the tourney, it was turning many heads. There were two people there that knew what a Mag was, so I got to explain alot... Then, I let a kid chrono it for me. (I knew velocity was fine, because I had just got it from AGD, but he really wanted to shoot.) The kid comes back 2 nitro fills later, asking if I would accept his GZ Timmy as a trade... Then, after my first few games, I was dominating the field, and had many more offers for my gun... A kid offered a Mamba IR3, a Dark Shocker, or $900 for it... It was just a RT Custom with a ULT Trigger and Y-Grip...
Whenever I would set my Mag down, kids would take the hopper off it and dry fire, because they loved the trigger so much. They wasted a lot of N2 doing this, too.
Then, I showed them the Lvl10... They wouldn't do the finger test, but they tried wet paper, beef jerkey, and 3 week old paint that had been in the open... They were amazed.
This part was the most fun. My friend had ordered a '04 Angel Speed, and he's on my team. He had spent the night over the day before, and that day, we tested our guns... First, I screwed in my N2, and shot a hopper with no problems (That shows the AGD quality, to any non-believers out there.). While I did this, he was cussing at his Speed, because he had screwed it up... We went in my room to fix it, and it took us 3 hours... Then, we got it working, and we shot a little, but not too much, because at 12 o'clock, my neighbors weren't appreciative.. Anywho, at the tourney, he expected to turn heads with his new 34 BPS Speed, but the people were too busy following my Mag around... He jealous of me.

I just thought this would be an interesting local tourney story to share, as well as a story of very good AGD quality.

-John

smegle5
12-07-2004, 06:25 PM
that is why i just bought a mag

alot like yours actully

its a rt pro, lvlx, warp, y grip and a uni

power feed right,

im painting it yellow, hehe

personman
12-07-2004, 06:37 PM
:wow: $900??
I would have taken that deal then bought myself 2 new mags! :D

BD_Paintball
12-07-2004, 06:41 PM
i would have taken the dark shocker. then sold it and bought 2 more mags with extra cash

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
12-07-2004, 06:49 PM
You are an idiot for not trading your mag.

AGD
12-07-2004, 06:52 PM
Great story thanks for sharing!! :headbang:

AGD

tony3
12-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Sounds like a whole lots of BS, why would you not trade for the dark shocker or gz or take 900? You could sell any of those guns and get enough to buy another mag, a really really nice one.

White_Noise
12-07-2004, 06:59 PM
me and can_opener turn some heads with our mags, especially him. with the stock rt on-off he was outshooting/keeping up with dm4's(cause they have the 15bps cap for nxl)

xballfan780
12-07-2004, 07:02 PM
Sounds like a whole lots of BS, why would you not trade for the dark shocker or gz or take 900? You could sell any of those guns and get enough to buy another mag, a really really nice one.

Beacause That would be wrong and he is a good guy. Also he is Mag lover
http://solstice.vtc.vsc.edu/~jharvey/card/heart/heart.gif

SpecialBlend2786
12-07-2004, 07:30 PM
I would have deffinitly taken the $900 and bought another decked out RT-Custom, and then spent the rest on either paint, gas, or college....in that order :tard:

GT
12-07-2004, 08:24 PM
need pics!!!!

purple
12-07-2004, 09:31 PM
I had a similar thing happen to me with my Tac one with ULT. Nobody even knew what a mag was, and the finger test blew them away. I kept getting asked if it was a shocker, amusung.

Purple

68magOwner
12-07-2004, 10:01 PM
....no way those trade/cash offers are real, no 1 would trade a dark shocker for a mag, there about the same size, shocker weighs less, has shorter/lighter pull, eyes, hell-a better resale, i would doubt even the angel or GZ :rolleyes:

B.A.M.
12-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Hey ive gotten offers from my mag such as a impy and a pump. But i wish some one would offer me the trades that ColdFuzion got. :wow: :wow: . At my first tourney NEPL people loved it when i showed them the level X.

FromTheBack
12-08-2004, 12:25 AM
Also he states in the story that these were mostly younger guys, so maybe they are just young or maybe had a money source and didnt care. Either way, I thought it was an awesome story and doesnt deserve a bashing at all, hes just showing how much he and the people at his local tourny loved his mag! :D

Caffiend
12-08-2004, 04:56 AM
kids with latest greatest marker (dark whatever he said, etc), see something they think is later and greater (his mag) would probably want to trade for it. on the other hand, if he did take someone up on their offer, they might not have gone thru with it, just saying "I'll trade you xxxx" to show how much they want it.

And I second the "We need pics!" and how'd you do in the tourney?

ColdFuzion
12-10-2004, 08:59 PM
We placed 5th, but there's a story behind it... The day before the tourney, our third man dropped out, because he had to go 'goose hunting'... Well, no one but my neighbor who had never palyed was willing to help us out... First game, he didn't know how to turn on his E-Spyder... We would have been a whole lot better if we had someone who had played before on our team...

As for the pics, do you want pics from the tourney, or of my Mag? I don't have tourney pics...

P.S.-The offers were real, but came from kids, so I don't know if they would have went through, but it's my first Mag, and I love it too much to trade.

slade
12-11-2004, 10:22 AM
Hey ive gotten offers from my mag such as a impy and a pump. But i wish some one would offer me the trades that ColdFuzion got. :wow: :wow: . At my first tourney NEPL people loved it when i showed them the level X.
when/where was your first tourney? i might have seen you there.

and damn, if i got an offer like that i wouldve taken it :eek: . $900? you couldve bought a fully upgraded rogue mag with money left over, a devilmag, a fully upped e-mag, or a freestyle /almost any other gun you wanted. Why dont i get trade offers like that? :mad: :(