PDA

View Full Version : What do you expect?

MagOwnerzRule
12-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Hey,
What do you exp when you walk into a feild's proshop as far as products? I am trying to get an idea. I know some of the things I want to see, but not everyone is like me.. so AO.. what do you expect? Do not say only one type of products like "tippmanns and accessories" or aomthing like that. I am talking about... orings, regs, and stuff like that. Nothing too expensive, but the basics that make a good store.

Dustin.

Chris42050
12-07-2004, 06:30 PM
Squeegee's
Gun oil
Barrel Plugs
Barrel condoms
Air tanks
gloves
jerseys
paintballs
hats

smilestyler
12-07-2004, 06:34 PM
parts kits for a variety of markers
hoppers
batteries
tank orings
burst disks
etc

meshaq
12-07-2004, 06:36 PM
wide variety of mask types

SAW
12-07-2004, 06:57 PM
Food/drinks :D

SpecialBlend2786
12-07-2004, 06:59 PM
parts kits for a variety of markers
hoppers
batteries
tank orings
burst disks
etc

yes.

Also its nice to be able to get air and a nice variety of paint at a good price.

VFX_Fenix
12-07-2004, 07:31 PM
I would expect:
Markers, Goggles, Tanks (HPA and CO2), Barrel condoms,
Squeegies of various flavors but hopefully at LEAST a jerk squeegie,
Packs, Pods, Limited Clothing, Gloves,
Commonly worn/broken/consumed parts (o-rings, burst disks, cup seals, screws) for common markers (AC/Spyder and clones/Tippmanns/Various other Electros),
A few rare parts for markers which are on the field a lot (like feed necks for Timmies if they happen to be prevelent on the field or Imps or Angels or etc. etc. etc.)
Hoppers (a la VL200 mostly with some agetated/force feed options), 9Volt and AA Batteries,
Paint, and Limited consessions (soda/water snacks). An inexpensive Reg (e.g. CP) would be nice too.
Fills for HPA and CO2 (No brainer but some fields don't have HPA fills yet)

Generally speaking I believe a Field's Pro Shop should be able to get almost anyone up and running again if some part of their gear fails. This means having parts (i.e. O-Ring/Seal kits, Replacement Lenses, etc.), single items (such as a Regulator, Hopper, etc.), and complete marker and goggle systems for sale. Also generally with someone qualified to handle instaliation of said items on to an existing set-up and the appropriate tools for that individual to use (not using a pair of pliers to take a reg off when they should be using a strap wrench or soft faced tools). A screw Driver is NOT an appropriate tool to use when taking o-rings off of something, dental picks are preffereable and so should be used when possible.

Also the pro shop should be able to get an individual playing again if they neglected to bring some portion of their gear (I know I leave my pack at home from time to time) if they should want/need that item.

I say limited consessions because there's money to be had there and I haven't run into a single field that didn't sell something in the way of food and beverages.

MagOwnerzRule
12-07-2004, 08:58 PM
hanks guys this is all great information!! keep it coming.

p8ntball365
12-07-2004, 09:02 PM
employees...

But qualified people. Having 12 yr. olds fill their own tanks is extremely unprofessional. Licensed people, licensed refs, licensed people to fill air. People who have certificates to fix/work on a specific marker or a compay's markers.

Glickman
12-07-2004, 09:16 PM
i think if u wanna 1 up the rest of the stores, have a little place where u can fire a few balls to tryout guns.

im talking only a few balls, and under supervision

bet itll boost sale prices by alot, as that holds many people back from buying, and some migh buy in the spur of the moment

Southparkrocks
12-07-2004, 09:19 PM
Well for starters we could use a proshop in our state

HeadHunter59
12-07-2004, 09:19 PM
i think if u wanna 1 up the rest of the stores, have a little place where u can fire a few balls to tryout guns.

im talking only a few balls, and under supervision

bet itll boost sale prices by alot, as that holds many people back from buying, and some migh buy in the spur of the moment

To add have maybe a chron there and if they want to try and walk trigger get high ROF then let them but make sure this area is roped off have signs and make sure anyone who gose back there has goggles on.

WingMan13
12-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Dont forget to make it look like a Pro Shop with ad posters and there should be a paintball magazine rack :D

ojhspyro89
12-07-2004, 10:44 PM
Common replacement parts for stuff that breaks all the time

Microswitches 25,50, stock ones

Squeegies

Barrel plugs/condoms

Lots o pictures and stuff that would make it look like a 15 year old paintball addicts bedroom, cause 3/4 of your customers will be relatively that age.

Rental HPA tanks

a big sign saying random things to make people laugh

Make it customer friendly but still be proffesional, oh yeah and dont have dogs in the proshop....

Mr. Mouse
12-07-2004, 10:48 PM
to have common parts, little bits of everything and good staff

evo.end3R
12-07-2004, 10:53 PM
anything made by national.

paint, clothes, guns, gun repair kits, tank covers, barrel condoms, packs/harnesses, pods, and of course guns and tanks

JoshK
12-07-2004, 10:59 PM
our field has a dog...and he walks around...there is a little sign saying dont leave your pbs out cause he might eat them...its pretty funny...but our proshop has all the stuff behind counters...so he cant get at it...plus its pretty open being in a barn...

camilion705
12-07-2004, 11:21 PM
Just dont be like shops around me where they dont have anything in stock except for cosmetic upgrades. My shop didnt even have macroline fittings when I went last! They had to order a cocker valve from WGP for me because they don't normally carry them. Anything you need, they can order... But then why not just use an internet retailer? Thats what shops need to have in mind all the time. Why should a customer buy from my shop over an online retailer that beats my price by nearly 10-20% on everything?