PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Addictions!!

EvilErnie
11-06-2001, 07:27 PM
:p Whats the best or worst story you have told to your spouse about how you got your new marker or gear!

When I got my BushMaster2000, I told my wife that I won the marker in a big game prize give away. She was ok with that until about 9 months later when a friend of mine slipped up and said in front of my wife and said " Dude, I cant believe you paid that much for a BM2K!" The look on her face was so scary. Man was I in trouble. I slept on the couch for a week, and no nookie for a month! OUCH! But it was well worth it. I have some others too. But I want to here your best fish story!:D

Prezents
11-06-2001, 07:52 PM
I use money I make form my web design business to support my habbit.

Load SM5
11-06-2001, 07:54 PM
I don't lie to my wife..bad for the relationship.

I just do some work on the side and all the money I make I put towards gear. She does'nt mind me buying a few things every now and then or spending my own coin on paintball stuff.

EvilErnie
11-06-2001, 08:13 PM
Technically it was not a lie, because I never told her I bought the marker and it was not money that was budgeted for the family. It was money I made for working at the local field. But If I told her I made 500.00, I would have only saw maybe 250.00. You know what I'm saying. Sometimes you must bend the truth to keep the habit alive!;)

Ball Buster
11-06-2001, 08:16 PM
My girlfriend bought me MY mag.. hehe

Load SM5
11-06-2001, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Ball Buster
My girlfriend bought me MY mag.. hehe

That's because you are spoiled rotten, Jeff.

It's a ploy they promise you the world! They reel you in, get you to marry them and then..BAM! Your stuck with no way out! Run while you can! Run, Ru...

"Oh, hello honey.."

Ball Buster
11-06-2001, 08:44 PM
Yeh, I suppose. :)

EvilErnie
11-06-2001, 09:24 PM
I love big games, I come home with a new toy, I mean door prize everytime!LOL....:p

BTAutoMag
11-06-2001, 09:31 PM
i dont have a wife but i have a mom and i think you all can relate:D but anyways as some of you know i used to own a RT and this is how i got it. my first paintball gun (a spyder compact 2000) was crappy and my mom always looked down on it. my dealer got a shocker (from his wife) and didnt want his Z-grip RT anymore he stuck it on the ionet for 600 for the gun and all it includes (too much to mention) and he said if i came up with 450$ (including my spyder for a trade in) well i worked my butt off at work and a month later had the money. since he was a dealer he said he couldnt give it to someone under 18. so thats where my mom came in. i came up with this story about my spyder breaking and needing a new gun. by the way she couldnt tell an angel from a talon worth @*#$ so i played off this and said "by trading my spyder for the RT its an even trade and he's getting the bad deal but he doesnt want the gun so he's letting me" to this day she thinks it was a fair trade:rolleyes: and i thank all of you NOT to tell her:mad: ok:)

Load SM5
11-06-2001, 09:35 PM
My lips are sealed..

What's your mom's name and phone number out of curiosity?:D

FooTemps
11-06-2001, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
My lips are sealed..

What's your mom's name and phone number out of curiosity?:D

LOL...

Man, I'm addicted and I've bareley played. My parents are so strict about it. I'm joining a team and I have to borrow the team captain's pump for practice!!!

EvilErnie
11-06-2001, 10:15 PM
Brings back memories of when I was single and living at home..The lies and stories warm my heart. I am EVIL you know! What do you expect! LOL....That was great.

alf
11-06-2001, 10:26 PM
well, my story starts out like this....one mostly functional automag with accessories, new for $600...then, i need this part, then this part, then this part, then soon, all im using of the original $600 mag is the body...so, i buy another body (actually trade a jersey + 20) for a functional SF mag, w/o the barrel, then, add a barrel, clean it up, test it, sell it for $400, some guy at work is getting outta paintball, selling a cocker, minimag, and 98 for $400, so i just pay him with that money, then, sell the cocker for $300, buy stuff i need, make another mag, sell it, buy stuff i need, etc....oh yeah, got an STO for my b-day too...but, im gonna sell that i think....cant quite get the cocker trigger down

phew!

EvilErnie
11-06-2001, 10:39 PM
Its amazing to me what we do for our guns. We do stuff that we dont even think about. Just so we can have that next best upgrade or that new addon part. I bet if we could trade our teeth, someone would do it, just to get that perfect paintball marker!

ChrisRT
11-07-2001, 02:01 AM
My first gun was a diablo pump, a friend and I had to have his mom ( who was the token cool mom of the neighborhood), order it for us. I told my parents I was just borrowing someones. Then I sold that and borrowed money from a friend to get a spyder but once again I told my parents i was borrowing it, then I sold that(Take note this is over a span of three years) only when I got an autococker and a friend of mine slipped up and was saying "I cn't belive you bought that", did they find out. Man were they pissed, but then to make it worse they put 2 and 2 together and realized I had been playing the whole time so they were cool. I think my dad was more upset my first big gun was a cocker and not a mag:D

joeyjoe367
11-07-2001, 02:07 AM
Lol.. My first 'gun was also a Spyder Compact 2000. I smuggled in a Bob-long Millenium, which i 'still own, by having it shipped to my buddies house, and then going by to pick it up :)

My parents are SUPER STRICT about how I spend my money, Or used to be @ least.

As far as gettin' my 'mag? I smuggled in Each part, one by one. I bought the body, then the valve, etc... until I finally had a complete 'mag.

Yesterday, after playing my dad asked me "Why do you have 2 'guns?"

that totally spooked me :eek:

But I kept cool and just said "What do you mean? I've always had 2 guns."

Aparantly, that was good enough for him :)

paintdevil1
11-07-2001, 05:42 PM
my friend walked into my house with a tricked a mag and he didn't walk out with it but my parents found out when I started walkin around with it

SIGSays
11-07-2001, 06:08 PM
i do that with things i own...... my rents say where you get that i say i've had it i swear....... but no...... they catch on fast....... wish my parents were the average joe and jane, no offense....... i remeber i had to talk my renst into letting me buy a gun they never paid for anything except some paint and paintball admissions fees..... once, i paid for th rest

SIGSays
11-07-2001, 06:11 PM
my next mission (lol) is too pay for and sneak a fly lcd angel..........

Dubstar112
11-07-2001, 06:12 PM
"Son, you should invest your money into somthin that will make you money in the long run.. and what if you shoot your eye out in paintball.. then what?"- my dad

So far, Ive supported my habbits by getting a job, and taking my mom paintballing.. she loved it... but she's definatley not wanting to get hooked...

The job thing is good because I have the satisfaction of earning the hole in my pocket.. or so it seems

n1mr0d
11-07-2001, 06:18 PM
y'all are gonna hate me and think i'm spoiled [heh, yep] for saying this. safe to say my mom is at least a little manic/bi-polar. i told her i had a trick deal on a mag with a flatline and 2 awesome barrels, and told her i wanted to go play with all my friends that weekend, and since i had been getting pretty much A's and higher on all my tests [ap courses especially, year ahead in math, actually year ahead honors class] she just bought it for me outright. i don't have an allowance! life is good sometimes, and bad sometimes.

MajorDamage
11-08-2001, 05:16 AM
My Mom dosnt care, I got my first guns for Christmas/bday and basically all my money has gone to paintball since. When I deceided to get into paintball she did tell me not to spend so much money on it though. She said "You will probably end up playing only about 4 times a year anyways..." Well almost 2 years have gone by and I play usually about twice a month, and ive played 3 times in the last month, and im reffing Saturday (im playing more now! WOOO WEE! I dont know how I afford it!):). Ive spent way into the thousands on this sport... now to find out how to make it cheaper...

ENDO!

EvilErnie
11-08-2001, 12:23 PM
I try and pimp myself out to local fields as a ref, and that way I can play without paying the field fees and sometimes they pay me in paint! Those are the good days!

Gambit1106
11-08-2001, 02:12 PM
Well lets see first I won my E-mag :rolleyes:
Then she saw my cocker and I told her it was my old gun i got "painted" :D
Now she saw my 2k1 angel and I told her i sold a bunch of equipment to get that, which was true except I didn't break even.

The only nice thing is I use all my side job money to support my habit/addiction so I never use any of our budgeted money or build up my credit cards

Darren

Flamebo
11-08-2001, 02:33 PM
Hmm... I got an E-mag out of a website deal...