PDA

View Full Version : Problem encountered

Roastem50
12-07-2004, 07:19 PM
Hello, i am new to the sport of paintball, and purchased an automag (used), i am having a problem with it. I can get off a few rounds but then the bolt will stay stuck forward and the trigger will just flop there. I am using co2 and have not used nitro, though i know nitro was used before. Is the problem because i am using C02 or is there some internal prob i need to repair? What is the cost diff between using co2 and nitro? also, i have and expansion tank on this gun but in cold weather i still have freeze ups, is there another style of expansion tank or do i need to add additional ones, (is that even possible?) the expansion tank i hvae takes place of the forward grip. I knwo i asked alot here but am new and do not know what to do from here. any help is appreciated.

gip-epic
12-07-2004, 07:25 PM
first what valve is it

Rift
12-07-2004, 07:26 PM
first of all do you know aht kind of Valve is in the gun? Is it an all silver one that sais 68 Automag on it? Or dose it say RT on it anywhere? The valve is the peice in the back that you plug up the air too.

Roastem50
12-08-2004, 05:39 PM
Silver and says 68 automag, no r/t written anywhere..... I dont knwo what type of gun it is other than a 68 automag, i am not even sure what the rt pro and such are....

personman
12-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Sounds like a bolt stick issue. You have a classic valve, most likely level 7. If that's the case, you need to buy a spacer kit
here (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=9&categoryID=16)
And use one longer than the one thats in your power tube tip right now.

Its the little brass ring to the left in this picture.
http://store.airgun.com/images/product/large/lg_78.jpg

B.A.M.
12-08-2004, 08:32 PM
i Had a 68 classic and when i used co2 my gun would freez up so to fix the problem, though expensive, would be to get N2. Also dont worry bout asking questions cuz i always do.

Roastem50
12-09-2004, 05:35 PM
What do i need to change to go with N2? and i am assuming that i just have the classic?

Autosnipe
12-09-2004, 07:58 PM
to switch to compressed air you don't need to change anything. If you bought it used tear it down and put it back together with new orings and oil. It may be a saggy spring or power tube spacer. Good luck