PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 cuts dollars clean in half, but doesn't chop any paint.....

Suspect John
12-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Hello, I was tuning my level 10 and went to give it a dollar test and noticed it cuts the dollars clean in two. I am ussing 2.5 carrier, 2 shims, and short spring. I have had no leaks or chops at all!!! but i want a softer ball strike if possible, should I switch springs or just leave it, since it shoots awseome no matter how fast I rip on the trigger. Thanks, John

i_baked_cookies
12-07-2004, 08:29 PM
did it really cut a dollar in half? its easier to break a paintball than it is to chop a rolled up dollar with a blunt object.

xballfan780
12-07-2004, 08:31 PM
We need pics ;)

autockr01
12-07-2004, 08:55 PM
The reason it won't chop a paintball is because the LX was designed to vent gas early in the cycle. For instance, when a paintball is not all the way in the breech and you pull the trigger, the bolt hits the paintball early in the cycle causing gas to vent, thus not chopping. However, in order for the LX to have enough pressure to actually fire a paintball normally, it must not allow the bolt to vent later in the cycle. If I stick my index finger in the breech close to the bolt and pull the trigger.... the bolt will vent like its supposed to and my finger is in one piece. Then if i stick my finger in the breech as far from the bolt as possible and pull the trigger, there's a little more force behind the bolt. And if i stick my pinky in there as far away from the bolt as possible and pull the trigger, it hurts a little bit. My point being: The LX was meant to keep a mag from chopping PAINTBALLS (keyword). If your gun doesn't chop paint, then your LX is fine.

But if you insist on making your bolt as soft as possible, try the middle spring. If you use a longer spring, remember you'll have to turn up your velocity.

i_baked_cookies
12-07-2004, 09:00 PM
The reason it won't chop a paintball is because the LX was designed to vent gas early in the cycle. For instance, when a paintball is not all the way in the breech and you pull the trigger, the bolt hits the paintball early in the cycle causing gas to vent, thus not chopping. However, in order for the LX to have enough pressure to actually fire a paintball normally, it must not allow the bolt to vent later in the cycle. If I stick my index finger in the breech close to the bolt and pull the trigger.... the bolt will vent like its supposed to and my finger is in one piece. Then if i stick my finger in the breech as far from the bolt as possible and pull the trigger, there's a little more force behind the bolt. And if i stick my pinky in there as far away from the bolt as possible and pull the trigger, it hurts a little bit. My point being: The LX was meant to keep a mag from chopping PAINTBALLS (keyword). If your gun doesn't chop paint, then your LX is fine.

But if you insist on making your bolt as soft as possible, try the middle spring. If you use a longer spring, remember you'll have to turn up your velocity.

nice

Suspect John
12-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the info. I was almost going to give it the finger test, but i was like...let me just try the dollar. When it shot confetti out the barrel I was like holy s#@%, that could have been my finger. I will leave it, since I can shoot whitebox without breaks. John

BlackVCG
12-07-2004, 09:38 PM
The #1 problem with people testing the LX is doing it improperly. You need to hold a slight pressure on the bolt and fire a shot. When the ball is going to be "pinched," there is no clearance between it and the bolt face. The further into the cycle the bolt travels, the faster it's going to be and the more force it will apply. Even if you have your finger just a smidge away from the bolt, it's going to feel a lot worse than what the paintball feels.

It's hard to explain how to do it, but once you get the hang of it, you'll figure it out.

warbeak2099
12-07-2004, 09:45 PM
I've done the rolled up dollar test a couple times. It's never sliced it. Always comes out clean and crisp.

MisterBones25
12-08-2004, 11:36 AM
when im testing my LX i put a paintball in the breech and block it with a squigie so it cant go anywhere, then pull the trigger. if the ball breaks, its time to clean the mag and reconfigure the LX.

MonsterMag
12-09-2004, 05:33 PM
when im testing my LX i put a paintball in the breech and block it with a squigie so it cant go anywhere, then pull the trigger. if the ball breaks, its time to clean the mag and reconfigure the LX.

nice :D

Or you could just stick a squeggie in the breach and after its tunned you finger ;)