PDA

View Full Version : Bko

Mr. Mouse
12-07-2004, 08:07 PM
my brother is lookin at a BKO, has anyone had experience with him? ive been reading reviews on it and it looks like most people have had good luck with it, what do you guys think? yea i already tried talking him into a mag but hes lookin at this so please post of what yo uthink of the gun, thx

spantol
12-07-2004, 08:10 PM
I've shot one for awhile, and have nothing but good things to say about them. Just make sure you stick a hopper on there that can keep up, or it'll be chop city.

trains are bad
12-07-2004, 08:10 PM
my teammate has an '04. It works great after we did what some would consider invasive mods to stop chopping. I would look elswhere.

Mr. Mouse
12-07-2004, 08:16 PM
well whats a good gun up to 300 bucks that will not chop

trains are bad
12-07-2004, 09:09 PM
I'd look at the pirahna electros. And always look at used stuff.

ojhspyro89
12-07-2004, 10:34 PM
I own a bko, its pretty sweet and a good step up from my tippmann 98. If you have a slow hopper, i had an apache ak, you have to watch your speed of your shooting or you will chop. And if you chop, just use a squeegy during the game and its all good.

I have an 03. The first time i brought it out i had problems with tuning but its my first gun that i actually need to maintain. I didnt really know how to set the regs properly. I also had a problem with the bolt getting stuck forward when a ball broke and exhausting air from my tank. The ball would break and the shell would get wedged in the body and bolt and it would stick forward and the hammer would be pushing in the pin. All i had to do is pull it back but sometimes it stuck real bad. Now after i broke it in a bit, its very consistant stock. Over the chrony i think i jumped about 6 fps at 280ish. Its pretty fast too. My stock barrel is amazing, its scary. It shoots very accurate.
Also it has 4 points for adjusting the trigger. You can adjust spring tension, microswitch contact, trigger stop, and where the trigger pivots. Its a very sweet pull too even with the stock switch. Oh and did i mention this is a VERY light gun. My hole set up without paint weighs in at bout 6 pounds give or take a few ounces. It is very light and can be upgraded to be VERY fast. My bko surprised me in gas effeciancy too, i got about 800 shots off my 68/3k tank before i started to get lower velocites.

Its a VERY good gun for 300 bucks.

Oh and when your adjusting the trigger set screws, make sure you put loctite or nail polish on the top and bottom one or they will move and shut them selves during the middle of the game and screw you over, it happened to me a couple times.

All in all i recomend it over just bout any other electric gun in its pricerange just because its true electro pneumatic and its just very light and all around sweet.

GET IT!

Mr. Mouse
12-07-2004, 10:37 PM
eh, my bro decided to get a mini mag so everyone can say yippie! :D

camilion705
12-07-2004, 11:30 PM
The BKO is far superior to a mini mag... LOL The mag would have to have a nice list of ups to make it to the same level of a BKO. Seriously, a stock minimag is a piece of reliable crap... When you upgrade it though its awesome of course. Nevertheless, the same goes for a BKO.

SpecialBlend2786
12-07-2004, 11:51 PM
BKO's are wonderful guns. Look into the Piranha EVO's though. They are stupid fast and dont chop. There is a vid of one ripping, lemme find it....

*searches pbn*

http://home.comcast.net/~cbounds923/ontoppa.wmv there's the vid, there is a Piranha EVO shooting pretty impresivly in there...as well as a 68 classic mag near the end :p

Mag Master 04
12-08-2004, 12:38 AM
i had one for a few months just as a back up and the lil thing ripped mad... easy to work on and i got nuthin but good things to say... nice little guns

ojhspyro89
12-08-2004, 03:12 PM
What a loser lol

I stil think id go with the bko over the mag jsut because its electric and highly upgradable.

Mr. Mouse
12-08-2004, 06:40 PM
eh wasnt my decision, its his gun, besides the mini mag is outta the box new (even with the warranty card still unused :eek: ) but thats what he wwanted so i bought it for him for x-mas, besides i dont like paying 300 dollers ofr something that doesnt even come with eyes, i mean you can buy a kingman or something that has eyes and thats like 100 bucks less or a spyder clone thing but whatever the mag is more reliable :), i mena mag doesnt have eyes but still..

ojhspyro89
12-08-2004, 07:08 PM
eh wasnt my decision, its his gun, besides the mini mag is outta the box new (even with the warranty card still unused :eek: ) but thats what he wwanted so i bought it for him for x-mas, besides i dont like paying 300 dollers ofr something that doesnt even come with eyes, i mean you can buy a kingman or something that has eyes and thats like 100 bucks less or a spyder clone thing but whatever the mag is more reliable :), i mena mag doesnt have eyes but still..

There is a reason Kingman products are so cheap. And 300 dollars for something that doesnt come with eyes is reasonable, considering the mag doesnt have eyes. And i dun no about a mag being more reliable unless you treat it like your fecies. And if you bought a bko, itd be new outa the box and have a blank warantee card.

Im affended...

drewrw
12-09-2004, 08:54 AM
The BKO is far superior to a mini mag... LOL The mag would have to have a nice list of ups to make it to the same level of a BKO. Seriously, a stock minimag is a piece of reliable crap... When you upgrade it though its awesome of course. Nevertheless, the same goes for a BKO.
OMG!!!! :eek: lol right............