PDA

View Full Version : Rail Dilema

Destructo6
12-07-2004, 08:20 PM
I have one of those no-rise centerfeed bodies, stock Mag rail, RPG vert frame, and RPG 15° ASA. The stock rail is sort of the turd in the punchbowl, it just doesn't fit into the evolving scheme.

So, I'm looking for a new rail. I'd like a rail that has the following:
1) ~length of the body (RTP length?)
2) RPG ASA fits
3) ULE milling
4) twist-lock hole
Does such a thing exist?

The RPG Splinter rail seems to have everything except the twist-lock.

The Logic Alpha rail would seem to mount everything as I need, but I'm concerned that the length at the front would make it look a bit odd.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

going_home
05-28-2007, 06:53 PM
I have one of those no-rise centerfeed bodies, stock Mag rail, RPG vert frame, and RPG 15° ASA. The stock rail is sort of the turd in the punchbowl, it just doesn't fit into the evolving scheme.

So, I'm looking for a new rail. I'd like a rail that has the following:
1) ~length of the body (RTP length?)
2) RPG ASA fits
3) ULE milling
4) twist-lock hole
Does such a thing exist?

The RPG Splinter rail seems to have everything except the twist-lock.

The Logic Alpha rail would seem to mount everything as I need, but I'm concerned that the length at the front would make it look a bit odd.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Probably easier just to get a ULE type body.
Lighter , better barrel selection, better barrels.

RT Pro rail or Automag / Minimag rail is it if you are still going to be using a twist lock.
Other than some of the out of production rails like the one you mentioned.

http://www.themagsmith.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=7

You may want to contact them and see if the Dallara rail will take a twist lock, but
it doesnt look like it will to me from the pic.
Good luck

BigEvil
05-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Ule Emag Rail?

BigEvil
05-28-2007, 07:22 PM
If you find one, you will have to drill it to mount an ASA to it. Because they were made for EMags, being able to mount an ASA was not one of its features.

The ones youll find floating around that are anodized were ones I sold years ago. I bought them from AGD raw(the only way they offered them), and had them polished/anod. The majority as I recall(~95%) of them were without the twist-lock hole.

I have one annoed, with a twist lock hole, AND two mounting holes. Aint I special?

BigEvil
05-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Take a pic of it for me. You probably dont have the AGD ULE E-mag rail.

AGD later modified ULE E-mag rails for E-Tac's. Making them "E-Tac" rails. They wacked off the back wings, and added dual-holes(diagonal) to mount an RT Pro ASA, which would not allow the RPG ASA(Automag/MiniMag) to be mounted.

They also do not have the square PIM hole required to use a Automag/MiniMag Stainless body. They have the circular PIM.

No, its definately a ULE Emag rail. There is a reason it has these things. Me.

BigEvil
05-28-2007, 07:47 PM
That makes sense. Modifying it yourself will definitly yield those features. I think he wants to just buy one with everything already done. Maybe you have a second one you can sell him? ;)

Ask me again in 2 months when I dig my stuff out of the pod :-)

Destructo6
06-02-2007, 08:41 PM
This problem was solved shortly after making the original post, some 3 years ago.

It ended up being an older RPG rail with a vestigal twist-lock hole It doesn't hold the twist-lock in place as well as a stock mag rail, but I haven't had any problems with it.

Empyreal Rogue
06-02-2007, 09:05 PM
This problem was solved shortly after making the original post, some 3 years ago.

It ended up being an older RPG rail with a vestigal twist-lock hole It doesn't hold the twist-lock in place as well as a stock mag rail, but I haven't had any problems with it.

rofl This was posted in '04.

ProblemKinder
06-03-2007, 12:35 AM
haha i never noticed that this post was soooo old until destructo mentioned it. that made me smile. :)