PDA

View Full Version : My first Mag

Bear_Claw
12-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Well i Got my FIRST AGD MAG a couple days ago and love it. I have been Paintballing for a little over 3 years now and have ALWAYS loved mags but could never afford one. I have had Two Tippmanns and still have my primary gun as a Pro/Carbine. BUT I FINNALLY splugged and bought myself a new Vertical Feed MiniMag and could not be happier.

I was pleasantly surpirsed at how well it shot right out of the box and put about 500 rounds through it on the feild with only two chops ( did not quiet figure out the barrel installation :confused: ). It is quiet a bit easier to fire faster than my good old ProCarbine but slightly less accurate (New barrel will fix that). Im still amazed how SMALL it is and love its solid feel it is DEFINATLY a worthy companion to my ROCK of a Tippmann.

I have a few toys id like to get for it but ther gona have to wait awhile for the funds to finace them but a man can dream in the meantime.

I Cant wait to bring it out to the feild again.

Here some pics even though it stock except for the borrowed 12v REVIE and 48ci 3000psi Tank from my Carbines setup.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/228399.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/img/228408.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/img/228407.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/img/228398.jpg

I'll probly be picking your guys brains for a while while i learn the ins and outs of these great markers and would love to here some upgrade suggestions as i am not too familiar with whats available.

Have Fun And Good Luck
Bear Claw

DiSoRdeR
12-07-2004, 09:07 PM
That is one nice Minimag, I would hold on to that Minimag body If I were you. They are pretty rare. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

And

Welcome to AO :cheers:

SAW
12-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Nice guns! I always loved the Carbine...

personman
12-07-2004, 09:24 PM
That's great to hear!
The first thing I would look into upgrading is Level 10. It's gotta be the most bang for the buck in just about any upgrade I've seen. It decreases your kick and eliminates chops. It does add the complication of tuning it though, but that's not too bad.
Other than that, its a nice gun. Depending on your preference, you might want a foregrip. Those vert feed minimags are rare.
Mags have defently got a nice solid feel :) Gotta love that feel.
Welcome to AO.

i_baked_cookies
12-07-2004, 09:34 PM
whatever you do, hold onto that body.

and depending on the funds, go with the level 10 and a nice 2finger frame (iframe, yframe, rogue frame, etc.) the double trigger will make it much easier to shoot. oh yea, dont forget the vert asa. performance before looks.

Bear_Claw
12-07-2004, 09:58 PM
Well the upgrades i had in mind when i get the $$ was.

1. Smart Parts 12" All American Barrel
2. Level 10 Bolt
3. Shocktech Stubby DropForward (Same as on Carbine)
4. Intelli Frame with Blade Trigger

I kinda dont want a front grip as i for some strage reason find it more comfortable to rest the gun on my second hand (same as i do with my Pro/Carbine). But i still debateing this one so i may still get a front grip. I kinda like the one on the Tac Ones but dont think it can go on my gun?

I was not aware the VF was a rare option i just got the gun new from the local proshop as they had it for a while and dropped the price to a level i could afford. I kinda like the vf cause its got a hole on the back so you can see if you got a ball loading. But it is kinda tall. Still never planed on getting rid of it cause i REALLY like the Twist to lock barrel designe (Now that i figured it out hehehehe.

Thanx all for your help and compliments

Good Luck and Have Fun
BearClaw

B.A.M.
12-07-2004, 09:58 PM
sweet gun. My first mag was a 68 classic.

Mr. Mouse
12-07-2004, 10:35 PM
nice mag, my first mag was a e-mag, i just bought a classic mag, and my bros gettin a mini mag there great guns and there so customizeable, i also have a shocker sft 2004 which i love alot and shoots straight just like the mag just 20x lighter then the mag, but whatever i still love mags more then shockers.

tipp-ed off
12-07-2004, 10:39 PM
Awesome Mag BearClaw. Definetly Level 10 that sucker and a Rouge frame would be sweet too. When are you going to start tricking out your Pro-Carbine??? Let me know if you need any help. :)

JoshK
12-07-2004, 10:52 PM
nice...im planning on joining the family with the help of The Action Figure (gideon)...nice foundation to base a puppet mowwer :cool: ...double trigger...no front grip if you find the other way more comfy...no reason in wasting your money...new barrel...lvl 10...drop....is there a on/off asa? didnt notice...and ive heard a quick disconnect if you dont have one on your valve.

space_weazel_45
12-07-2004, 11:25 PM
Yes the tac one and almost any other mag upgrade will go on that gun, almost everything is compatible

GT
12-07-2004, 11:29 PM
very cool body,
lvlx and an intelli, youd be set.

atm743
12-07-2004, 11:31 PM
and a nice fore grip will be helpen you out too!!!!!

great starting mag

i wish i had some $$$ soo i can get a second mag soo i can upgrade the hell out of it!!!

Bear_Claw
12-08-2004, 10:58 PM
After doing some thinking i dont think i should get the AllAmericn barrel as it is a two piece and could feasibly be a pain to remove from the gun as the joint would be in side the guns body (I think).

So any opinions on the SmartParts Progressive barrels i had one on my old 98c and it worked decent. Id like to get a J&J for it (Love the one on my Carbine) but cant find a Mag one. Thank angain guys.

JoshK
12-08-2004, 11:36 PM
I'm getting my first mag too.

Sorry if im intruding...im just so happy.

http://usera.imagecave.com/ksejeeper/udate-copy.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/ksejeeper/update2-copy.jpg

Nickel ULE
JnJ Barrel set
Level 7 retro valve
Hyper Frame 13 bps with ON/OFF (3-10 burst, turbo)
Bule rev
Center Flag Micro Drop

I see some of the stuff looks diferent in the pics from the specs...ill have to ask bout that.

atm743
12-09-2004, 12:05 AM
After doing some thinking i dont think i should get the AllAmericn barrel as it is a two piece and could feasibly be a pain to remove from the gun as the joint would be in side the guns body (I think).

So any opinions on the SmartParts Progressive barrels i had one on my old 98c and it worked decent. Id like to get a J&J for it (Love the one on my Carbine) but cant find a Mag one. Thank angain guys.

or you can buy a freak kit from me:D comes with tear drop 10" tip and centerfeed back and all inserts and case lmk if interested :D

RtDaNiMaL
12-12-2004, 04:46 AM
yeah... j&j does make mag barrels, i had one for my rt pro but it is gone now. :cry: the color of the ceramic always looks great with the old school mga bodies.

DaNiMaL

And welcome

Bear_Claw
12-12-2004, 04:13 PM
Well thanx to work (Unexpected Christmass bonus) I orderd some upgrades today.

Vertical adapter (use an old co2 quick changer for a front grip for now)
Level 10 upgrade
SmartParts Progressive Barrel
and some macro line and fittings so i can use my Carbines Dropforward.
I also had to get a rebuild kit for my carbine as the drive spring is on the tired side after ALOT of paint lol.

I was realy haveing a hard time deciding on weather id get the level 10 or a Intelie grip but decided it was fast enough right now and id be better with the level 10

Ill probly be posting more pics soon as i get all the goodies. I will also probly be asking LOADS of questins on the instalation and setup of the level 10.