PDA

View Full Version : AO Tennessee knoxville

young-rt
12-07-2004, 09:55 PM
Does anyone else live in Knoxville or surronding areas :dance:

shaunyoung000
12-23-2004, 01:26 AM
YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, 3 right here in this house in Cookeville!!!! I know another in Cookeville too. and a few in Chattanooga.

shaunyoung000
12-23-2004, 01:29 AM
We're a travelling scenario team, the Gung oh Guns, we represent AO whenever we can. We've been to as far as PA and FL playing. You got AIM?

jon-boy
12-27-2004, 08:54 PM
Not close to Knoxville... but in Clarksville. Anyone else?

shaunyoung000
12-28-2004, 12:02 AM
Trina plays in Clarksville a lot

ScatterPlot
12-28-2004, 12:05 AM
I'm in Nashville, I might could drive up there for maybe a tourney or something, maybe meet ya half way or something.

Doobie
12-28-2004, 12:07 AM
Trina and I are in Clarksville and Pito189 goes to UT in Knoxsville.
G-Rock is here in Clarksvegas as well.

jon-boy
12-28-2004, 08:41 AM
Doobie-
I already knew you were up here... going to RR anytime soon? How 'bout a Mag Day at Red River!!!
jon-boy

Load SM5
12-28-2004, 09:20 AM
I know if not in TN now but I'm originally from Chattanooga. I live about 1.5 hours from Nashville now. Set up something and I'll try and make it.

darthp
12-28-2004, 12:21 PM
I live in west knoxville, where do you play at young rt?

ScatterPlot
12-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Doobie-
I already knew you were up here... going to RR anytime soon? How 'bout a Mag Day at Red River!!!
jon-boy
Dude!
I go to Red River!
Sweetness!

shaunyoung000
12-28-2004, 10:15 PM
I'll be there, cpe413 will too, just pm me when

jon-boy
12-28-2004, 10:23 PM
Alright, who's gonna plan it??? An AO NW TN day at Red River Paintball. Throw out some dates, people!!!

Sinistarr
01-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Setup a day and time, I can most likely make it.

TAG may be able to come too if there isn't a conflict with their schedule.

I'm just north of Chattanooga.

Doobie
01-04-2005, 07:17 PM
O.k. guys here is the deal. I'll plan this thing, but I want to do it right. Think spring so we have good weather. I have just returned to work after 2 weeks of much needed leave and have to check the training calendar for dates I will be out in the woods playing Army guy ;) .

I’ll talk to: RR owners; Some of AO/AGD dealers for door prizes; restaurants in the area for a dinner; and hotels in the area for a discount rate.

Stay subscribed to this thread and be patient. All good thing...etc, etc.

BTW...I can almost Guarantee an appearance by Trina! ;) :rofl:

jon-boy
01-04-2005, 07:50 PM
:D :headbang:
Alright, Doobie is the man!!! Hey- I'll be at RR this weekend. If you need any help with legwork, let me know. I don't have the contacts, but I'm a great schmooze!!!

Doobie
01-04-2005, 08:15 PM
:D :headbang:
Alright, Doobie is the man!!! Hey- I'll be at RR this weekend. If you need any help with legwork, let me know. I don't have the contacts, but I'm a great schmooze!!!

:cool: I'll be there for Sinister Sainthood's (www.sinistersainthood.com ;) ) practice and probably hanging out for most of the day. Come up and say hi!

shaunyoung000
01-04-2005, 08:21 PM
RR it is! Let me know when, I'll bring 3 or 4 AOer's :eek: This is going to be great!

Load SM5
01-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Doobie, you guys just play MSPA? There's an ACES in Birmingham if you make it down.

ScatterPlot
01-05-2005, 05:02 AM
Dude this is awesome!
I'm only like 1 hour from RR, and now an AO day! Coolness! I can probly bring a friend or two if this thing really happens. I'd be glad to help out if you want me to.

"the FitZ"
02-15-2005, 08:14 PM
So do we have a definite date. I know of 3 or 4 to bring, but sadly I have never played at RR. Then again we have Wolf Hill's hyperball stuff. So w/ two fields we don't need to go far.
And FYI Middle Tennessee paintball has a sweet hyperball and an ok air set up w/ I think 2 other spool setups. The site is just ^.com

O and I'm from G-town (that's gallatin for all you losers that don't know)

ScatterPlot
02-16-2005, 12:11 AM
I was actuially at MidTenn this weekend. MAN was it muddy! Cool, but muddy. And personally I like RR better cause of their Villiage field. Their other fields aren't as good, but the villiage pretty much makes up for it IMO. It's a huge field, good for lots of people.

Doobie
02-17-2005, 06:13 AM
I know I said spring , but I am being overcome by events. I will be going to Jordan for a week in March followed by a month long training exercise in Louisiana. I won't return from that untill mid- April. Lets figure on late May or early June. Dang job is is interupting my paintball! ;)

shaunyoung000
02-17-2005, 08:17 AM
Just let me know when, and I'll be there

insixdays777
02-17-2005, 09:56 AM
I live and go to school(ut) in Knoxville! where do you fellow knoxvillans play at?

Carazy
02-17-2005, 10:16 AM
I'm from chattanooga, me and my bro would love to come though.

UTDragun
02-18-2005, 08:08 PM
I live and go to school(ut) in Knoxville! where do you fellow knoxvillans play at?
I play / ref at Tsunami in west knoxville where in the thursday league, me and darthp tear it up! :shooting:
its only 15 mins(depending on traffic of course) west of UT

UTDragun
03-09-2005, 04:52 PM
theyre also replacing the crappy indoor/outdoor carpeting and putting in a new type of carpet and getting an extractor to keep it clean

insixdays777
03-09-2005, 08:37 PM
yeah I have been there to check it out...really nice people that work there...but its way to small and expensive for my taste. Knoxville Paintball Sports is always flooded and they are very expensive...I miss my VR Paintbal back in Georgia...case 45 all day air 10 bucks no field fee!! going to go play there on saturday...with my new warp/warp ULE body and lapco snapshot barrel! something just seems realy wrong when i have to pay $20 bucks just to step on the field...I wonder if i could plead hardship and get a break for this poor college student?...

darthp
03-10-2005, 01:08 PM
If you join a league at tsunami for 75 bucks you get free field use and air for as long as your league lasts and you get a discount on paint also. Me and UTDragon also play on saturdays for practice. It only costs me 45 bucks for a case of paint and they always have a game ready to go so you don't have to wait around if you don't want to. Yes the field is pretty small but that means more action all the time. :headbang:

UTDragun
03-10-2005, 01:27 PM
case 45 all day air 10 bucks no field fee!!
paint prices are similar and its 15$ for all day field AND all day air if you dont have a membership or on a league @ tsunami

UTDragun
04-29-2005, 11:30 AM
if it doesnt rain, is anyone going to play/watch tomorrow? I should be there playing. the legendary Rob Frills will be there to watch also

UTDragun
05-02-2005, 11:32 AM
got back from very wet backwoods

We (Riptide) came in second in an upset during the finals ( our only loss the entire day)

during the "regular season"
Riptide 788 out of possilbe 800
Bruise Brothers 602
Monkey Love 204
Verigo 139
monkey turd 7

Finals out of a possible 300
Vertigo 200
Riptide 197
Bruise Bros 107
monkey love 100

Load SM5
05-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Any of you guys gonna be at the MSPA at Red River this weekend? I'm guesting on a team.

UTDragun
06-14-2005, 12:12 PM
there was a team vertigo who i know that went. It was their first actual tournament and they kept running out of air.

My team will be playing at CFOA this weekend

UTDragun
06-14-2005, 12:13 PM
btw we won the second backwoods tourney by 34 points

Riptide 1297
Bruise bros. + Rob 1263
vertigo ~700
bears ~160

DiRTyBuNNy
07-02-2005, 10:22 AM
well...I live in Knoxville now (I moved here from San Diego,CA in late April). I had to sell all my gear but I'm looking to get back into it soon enough..

btw, why the heck do they call Knoxville Knox-Vegas?

Load SM5
07-03-2005, 08:21 AM
Because they're clever that way..... :tard:

UTDragun
07-03-2005, 10:08 AM
well...I live in Knoxville now (I moved here from San Diego,CA in late April). I had to sell all my gear but I'm looking to get back into it soon enough..

btw, why the heck do they call Knoxville Knox-Vegas?
lots of girls, gambling, and parties at utk campus, rated #1 party school

darthp
07-03-2005, 11:20 AM
We have parties everyday where I work. Also lots of fine chicks and good poker games too. :headbang:

NukeGoose
07-03-2005, 11:37 PM
When: Saturday, July 16

Where: Backwoods Paintball, in Kingston, TN. The fields are located on Dickey Valley Road, just off of Sugar Grove Valley Road.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=harri...,0.039312&hl=en

Sugar Grove Valley Road leads to the Interstate. See the map link above.

This is a 3-man rookie tournament with cash prizes. The tournament will be played on one of our two Ultimate Airball fields and reffed by Team Backwoods.

backwoodspaintball.150m.com

UTDragun
07-11-2005, 09:34 AM
When: Saturday, July 16

Where: Backwoods Paintball, in Kingston, TN. The fields are located on Dickey Valley Road, just off of Sugar Grove Valley Road.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=harri...,0.039312&hl=en

Sugar Grove Valley Road leads to the Interstate. See the map link above.

This is a 3-man rookie tournament with cash prizes. The tournament will be played on one of our two Ultimate Airball fields and reffed by Team Backwoods.

backwoodspaintball.150m.com
I think we might be there again

Isn't this the same week as MSPA?

How are they doing the point system this time?

logamus
07-11-2005, 01:46 PM
yall should have your AO-TN day on sep 10. that way i can go. :)

NukeGoose
07-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Yes, I think it is the same weekend as the MSPA unfortunately. If you wanted to you should be able to make both, our tourneys are usually on the early side, and the MSPA doesn't start till Sunday. And playing more never hurt anyone.

Load SM5
07-11-2005, 08:23 PM
Any of you MSPA guys heading to B'ham this coming weekend?

DiRTyBuNNy
07-13-2005, 06:52 PM
lots of girls, gambling, and parties at utk campus, rated #1 party school

oh...because as a person who's been to Vegas...nothing in K-ville is even close to Las Vegas..

DiRTyBuNNy
09-07-2005, 02:45 PM
so...umm...where did you all go?

darthp
09-07-2005, 03:37 PM
they are getting ready for the mspa tourny this weekend at knoxville paintball sports. By the way, have you bought any gear to play with... if so where are you playing at?

DiRTyBuNNy
09-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Knoxville Paintball Sports? Where is that?

darthp
09-07-2005, 06:47 PM
it's in the phone book, give them a call and they will give you directions to their field. It's not hard to find. The field is good and their will be some really good local teams representing knox vegas. Are their any other AO'ers going? Besides UTDRAGUN and Rob.

DiRTyBuNNy
09-07-2005, 08:11 PM
I'll have to check when I get back to my office tomorrow morning...I live out in West Knoxville and paintball out here seems to be pretty ghetto (coming from California that is)...

darthp
09-07-2005, 08:47 PM
That's funny. I'm from Florida and it is totally different here. Still you will like KPS. I live in west knoxville also and I play at KPS and tsunami paintball. Tsunami paintball is in west knoxville. KPS is in north knoxville.

DiRTyBuNNy
09-08-2005, 06:30 AM
That's funny. I'm from Florida and it is totally different here. Still you will like KPS. I live in west knoxville also and I play at KPS and tsunami paintball. Tsunami paintball is in west knoxville. KPS is in north knoxville.

I checked out Tsunami...I wasn't impressed with it at all...but then again I'm used to go to SC Village...

darthp
09-08-2005, 03:44 PM
Tsunami is currently moving to a larger facility and has plans to get better turf. It should be open really soon. The owners are really nice and do everything to help you out. I also heard that they are going to get an outdoor field too. :clap:

50 cal
09-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Anyone planning on going to Craig Village the first weekend in Oct.? It's on Ft. Campbell at the MOUT site. There is usually a bunch of AO'ers that show up.

UTDragun
10-20-2005, 08:48 AM
backwoods is back open again, its in kingston/harriman, its like 35-45 mins from farragut (west knoxville).

UTDragun
11-17-2005, 10:39 AM
A couple of friends and I are going up to backwoods sun. Come join us if you can.

DiRTyBuNNy
02-07-2006, 08:12 PM
so...any new news in the last 3 months?

Kyle.Kimber
02-08-2006, 10:55 PM
I used to live in Knoxpit with my dad. I ate at the Appelbee's next to the Mercedes dealership. Thats all I remember. Also, my dad used to live next to a "pro" paintball player. SHE was a Lez****, no joke. Of course this was when I was eight, so I might of forgotten some stuff. MED SOURCE PLACEMENT is where my dad used to work. Its a small business in the old Knox.

DiRTyBuNNy
02-09-2006, 04:00 PM
anyone from Knoxville want to meet up at the new Riptide facility on Middlebrook? I can't play but i would still come out to meet everybody..

-dB

UTDragun
02-24-2006, 11:32 AM
anyone from Knoxville want to meet up at the new Riptide facility on Middlebrook? I can't play but i would still come out to meet everybody..

-dB
sure! I happen to play for them, so Im there all the time. Why cant you play? Ill let you shoot my devil mag

...and If anyone is not busy this evening come watch UT Men's Lacrosse play their #2 rival (right under florida) at 8pm on the turf field right next to the aquatic center.

Jay R.
02-28-2006, 12:44 PM
I just moved to loudon, just south west of knoxville by 25-30 minutes. looking for players, maybe join a team. wondering where tsunami is, I have been searching for it and can not find it. I found sir goonies and backwoods wihich is now under new managment (met the new owner really nice guy!) any one wanna help me get back into the game??

Jay R.
02-28-2006, 12:48 PM

-dB

Where is this at? directions?

DiRTyBuNNy
02-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Where is this at? directions?

If you're heading east on Middlebrook I think it's before Ed Shouse not far past Shield Electronics (I think I got that right..darn...I'm scaring myself now)

-dB

Jay R.
02-28-2006, 06:24 PM
If you're heading east on Middlebrook I think it's before Ed Shouse not far past Shield Electronics (I think I got that right..darn...I'm scaring myself now)

-dB

wow, no clue, im in loudon, and i just moved there, actully im just of 72, between 411 and I-75

DiRTyBuNNy
02-28-2006, 06:26 PM
wow, no clue, im in loudon, and i just moved there, actully im just of 72, between 411 and I-75

It's cool..I moved here from California this past spring...I know the feeling...I couldn't guess which exit off the 40 would be the easiest for you but I do know you'd have a nice drive to Riptide..

Jay R.
02-28-2006, 06:28 PM
It's cool..I moved here from California this past spring...I know the feeling...I couldn't guess which exit off the 40 would be the easiest for you but I do know you'd have a nice drive to Riptide..

so its not close to knoxville then? gotcha!

UTDragun
03-03-2006, 11:07 AM
tsunami closed down and the same owners opened riptide. Riptide is in knoxville.

its about ~15-25 min from east tennessee paintball store in loudon depending on traffic

take I-40 east to the I-640 interchange and its the first exit off 640 except once you get on the off-ramp go to the west off-ramp by going under the bridge. then go to the 2nd light and turn left, follow that short road till it ends then take a right at the light, go to the next light and go through the gas station and back the way you came for about a 1/4 mile and look for a riptide banner in front of an exide battery building, follow the road up the left hand side all the way untill you see the building with the riptide banner on it.

UTDragun
03-03-2006, 11:08 AM
...and if anyone is not busy tonight the UT Men's lacrosse takes on Florida at 8

DiRTyBuNNy
03-03-2006, 11:09 AM
btw, you might want to tell the riptide people that their sign fell down..I noticed it on the way to work this morning..

-dB

UTDragun
03-03-2006, 11:12 AM
ehh, theyll prob figure it out sooner or later

Sir goonies is kinda a joke, I like backwoods alot as the prices are pretty good and the owner is really cool, hes there for reasons other than trying to get all your money, which is a big plus in my opinion. Riptide is ok, you have problems with reball and dishonest people, owners are friendly I guess but are known to forget/not place orders. KPS has great fields but the worst staff ever, rude and dont care unless your a tourney player of cfoa calibur.

this is my opinion, I used to work(aka volunteer since I never got paid) for tsunami and now work for backwoods, so I guess you could say that Im biased towards them, but I disagree, I had a chance to pick either working for riptide or backwoods and I chose backwoods

Jay R.
03-03-2006, 11:25 AM
ehh, theyll prob figure it out sooner or later

Sir goonies is kinda a joke, I like backwoods alot as the prices are pretty good and the owner is really cool, hes there for reasons other than trying to get all your money, which is a big plus in my opinion. Riptide is ok, you have problems with reball and dishonest people, owners are friendly I guess but are known to forget/not place orders. KPS has great fields but the worst staff ever, rude and dont care unless your a tourney player of cfoa calibur.

this is my opinion, I used to work(aka volunteer since I never got paid) for tsunami and now work for backwoods, so I guess you could say that Im biased towards them, but I disagree, I had a chance to pick either working for riptide or backwoods and I chose backwoods

Well im met time, the owner of back woods/East tenn. paintball. and he was a great guy and eager to help me learn about the new stuff. I'd love to get out to his field

Jay R.
03-03-2006, 11:27 AM
and sir goonies sounded like a good place to get out for the first time in a while and knock the dust off my game.

DiRTyBuNNy
06-01-2006, 08:19 AM
I think we need to do a recap listing all the current stores/fields in Knox County general area...anybody?

--Mr. DB

MANN
06-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Anyone thats in Knox TN that wants to play sat june 10 lmk I am tring to get a game together. you can email me for more info joshallis@bellsouth.net

:cheers:

DiRTyBuNNy
06-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Anyone thats in Knox TN that wants to play sat june 10 lmk I am tring to get a game together. you can email me for more info joshallis@bellsouth.net

where would be playing at?

--Mr. DB

MANN
06-04-2006, 07:46 PM
we are playing at a private woodsball field about 10 min east from east town mall. (knoxville center or what ever it is called) anyone intrested lmk

UTDragun
08-29-2006, 09:42 AM
anyone playing in the tfoa at kingsport in october?

www.thecfoa.com

UTDragun
08-29-2006, 09:50 AM
I think we need to do a recap listing all the current stores/fields in Knox County general area...anybody?

--Mr. DB

Riptide - Knoxville -If theyre still open they had two indoor reball fields, 1 outdoor rock field with airball

Sir Gooney's - Farragut (15mins from downtown) - 2 pallet/hyperball fields grass (might have gotten an airball field dont know for sure)

East Tennessee Store - Lenior City (20 mins) - Small store but packed full of stuff.

KPS - Halls (30mins from downtown)- one 5man open, its all dirt, but airball
Also two stores, one in north knoxville and one near west town mall

Backwoods/East Tennessee - Kingston (45mins from downtown)- 4 fields grass, one 5 man airball, one 7 man airball, 5-7 man hyperball, 3 man hyperball

then further away theres Alternative sport in Kingsport (2 1/2 hrs) if they have their (driving range) location open, they have some of the best fields in the southeast. and a store nearby.

BKA / CEP - (1 1/2 hrs) Chattanooga/Ootlewah couple of fields, cant remember how many, we only played on a 5 man airball field and it was grass.

DiRTyBuNNy
11-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Riptide - Knoxville -If theyre still open they had two indoor reball fields, 1 outdoor rock field with airball

Sir Gooney's - Farragut (15mins from downtown) - 2 pallet/hyperball fields grass (might have gotten an airball field dont know for sure)

East Tennessee Store - Lenior City (20 mins) - Small store but packed full of stuff.

KPS - Halls (30mins from downtown)- one 5man open, its all dirt, but airball
Also two stores, one in north knoxville and one near west town mall

Backwoods/East Tennessee - Kingston (45mins from downtown)- 4 fields grass, one 5 man airball, one 7 man airball, 5-7 man hyperball, 3 man hyperball

then further away theres Alternative sport in Kingsport (2 1/2 hrs) if they have their (driving range) location open, they have some of the best fields in the southeast. and a store nearby.

BKA / CEP - (1 1/2 hrs) Chattanooga/Ootlewah couple of fields, cant remember how many, we only played on a 5 man airball field and it was grass.

I think Riptide has gone the way of the Dodo bird...

--Mr. DB

UTDragun
01-30-2007, 10:07 AM
I think Riptide has gone the way of the Dodo bird...

--Mr. DB
yeah it died along time ago, mainly for the same reasons tsunami failed.

KPS and Backwoods/etpb are the only local fields open around knoxville.
Rec play at kps seems to be dwindling but tourney play on sundays is still high
Backwoods has a good amount of rec players on saturdays.

Sir gooneys might be open.

steve you still play?

DiRTyBuNNy
03-08-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm still alive..just have a baby on the way..bought a house and so it's been a little tough for me to make any movement towards playing again...I'm trying really hard to get it together but it's slow going..

--Mr. DB

MANN
03-08-2007, 08:11 PM
We are playing a woods ball game in knoxville on the 18th if you guys want to play. We had ~ 20 people 2 weeks ago. Pm me if anyone is intersted

UTDragun
03-31-2007, 10:18 PM
after nationals I dont know how much Im going to be playing. I really need money for an apartment

UTDragun
03-31-2007, 10:27 PM
and my cfoa team fell apart

but on a good note, UT is in a 4 way tie for 1st in NCPA and we won a national guard tournament today