PDA

View Full Version : Mag Family tree

pump
12-08-2004, 02:59 AM
is there a mag family tree showing the design variations along with the time released?

Classics
RTs
RT pros
Retro valves
Emags
X-mags
X-valves
Devil mag
Rouge mag

where do they all fit in the design family tree?

White_Noise
12-08-2004, 03:11 AM
its not really a family tree so much as it is evolution
classic(with variations of the valve)
sydarm
rt classic
rt pro
emag
sfl emag
xmag
rt pro ule/ tac one

thats pretty much the evolution as i understand it. i may be just a bit off but im pretty sure thats how its gone

i_baked_cookies
12-08-2004, 03:31 PM
dont forget the panther prototypes of the early 90's (watch the instructional video for the classic mag for the history)

deadbox101
12-09-2004, 09:04 PM
panther?? something tom never got to finish?

i_baked_cookies
12-09-2004, 09:14 PM
i dont think they were ever moved into production, and they were a blowback design, but they led to the idea of having a blow-forward design due to the blowbacks drawbacks. so, even though the panthers didnt lead to the mag's birth directly, it led to the idea of a blow forward system that we know as the mag family today.

warbeak2099
12-09-2004, 09:23 PM
Wow, cool.

Don't forget Micromags, Micro RT's and Micro e's.

Muzikman
12-10-2004, 03:24 AM
Well, here is the line of AGD products as I know it. This should be in pretty good order, if something is wrong let me know. I also wish I knew the years, but I do not.

-Mask (yes, AGD made a mask for PMI I think it was.)

-SharpShooter (a sight that could be mounted on just about any gun. The first version was shorter)

-SharpShooter LS (This was just a longer version)

-Micro-CA (This was a quick change lever action stock for 12 grams)

-Micro-CA II (This was the same, only updated, and to be honest I am not sure what changed)

-6-Pak+ (The 6-Pak allowed 6 12grams to be loaded into a stock and with a lever action, it would change from a used 12 gram to a new fresh 12 gram.)

-68 Automag (Level 5 and Level 7) (Standard Feed and PowerFeed) (Originally came with cast zinc frames made by WGP, later changed to carbon fiber)

-MiniMag (Powerfeed (a few standard feed MiniMag bodies were made)

-Sydarm (This was a semi-auto pistol based on the Automag for police training) The valve is smaller than a normal automag valve and was powered from 12 grams. It was an 8 ball spring fed gun.)

-Micromag (The micromag was built by Pro-Team Products. I am listing it here because AGD built the valves. The valves were exactly the same as an Automag/Minimag valve except it had different laser engraving in it. These guns were an all aluminum body with an integrated rail. It also took cocker barrels (except the early models, which had fixed barrels).

-SmartMag (This was a special valve made for Smart Parts by AGD. It had a larger air chamber, there for operating at a lower pressure. This was built because Smart Parts were taking stock valves and adding what they called a BlackBox to it. When they did this, the valve was ruined without the box. AGD decided to just integrate the system into the valve for them. It had no real effect on the gun)

-Pump Mag Kit (This kit convered an Automag/Minimag into a pump gun. It did this by placing a wave spring behind the bolt which caused bolt stick. A thin rod attached to a pump handle would push back on the bolt and have it catch on the sear. This kit has no auto-trigger and requires a special bumber and some times a shorter than normal powertube spacer)

-Automag RT (Original came with a Hi-Rise Powerfeed bodies, Later they came with normal Power Feed)

-Z-Grip (Fit both the Automag/Minimag and the RT)

-Retro Valve (You could now turn your normal 68 Automag or MiniMag into an RT)

-FN303 (although, not really mfg'ed by AGD, this "Less Lethal Launcher" plays an important rule in the history of AGD. I will not get into everything about it, but let's just say that the reason they got behind in the paintball maket was because they were designing this baby for the US government. Ultimatly FN picked up the design and licensed it from AGD)

-RT-Pro (In 2000 AGD came out with a bunch of new products. They did away with the regular RT which had a different valve than the Automag. Th RT-Pro came with a normal Retro valve, instead of the odd valve the old RT's came with.) (Came in Powerfeed and vert feed bodies)

-Emag (AGD step into the electro world)(Used the same valve as the RT-Pro...a Retro vavle)(Can in Powerfeed, vert and warpfeed bodies)

-Warpfeed (moved the loader from the top of the gun to the side and fed the gun via a tube)

-Flatline (3000psi HPA system)

-Intelliframe (This was a true aluminum .45 frame built for the Automag/minimag, RT-Pro and could be drilled to fit a classic RT)

-No-Rise Stainless steel bodies (This was a short stack vert feed body for RT-Pros and Emags) (It was designed because of the new loaders (Halo) worked better with a shorter ball stack. This was the oposite of what was the standard in vert feeds. With the gravity fed loaders, you wanted a higher ball stack)

-Level 10 (This was a new bolt system that prevented the automag from chopping. This was a problem that AGD for year and because of this reputation, AGD got a bad rep)

-Flatline (4500psi HPA system)

-X-Valve (This was an aluminum version of the retro/RT valve. This was AGD attempt to start making lighter guns and components)

-Xmag (Designed by AGD Europe and used a modual breech design, could change from vert feed to warpfeed. It also used a body with an integrated rail)

-Y-Grip (Since people were demanding the Z-grip be brought back, the Y-grip was the answer. The angle was not as drastic and there for easier for people to use)

-ULE body (Aluminum main bodies for Emag and RT-Pros)
(Came in vert feed and warpfeed)

-Slug bodies (unmilled ULE bodies. These are what the Deadly Wind Cord, Cord II, Delara, and Karta bodies are made from)

-ULT (Ultra Light Trigger) (AKA ULE Trigger) (This new On/Off assem. lightened the trigger pull of the Mechanical mags. It was designed for the RT/Reto/X-valve as long as the valve used two on/off orings.)

(During 2002 and 2003 AGD made a big attempt to lighten their guns. This became known as the ULE (Ultra Light Engineering) line of products. This included remilled Emag grip frames, milled out rails and the obvious ULE bodies, X-valves and the ULT )

I think that about covers all of the AGD products.

msm0711
12-10-2004, 04:51 AM
Mag Pump kits? (94-97 app) ;)

Muzikman
12-10-2004, 08:58 AM
WOW! How did I forget those! Will add them right now.