PDA

View Full Version : paintball on tv.... well maybe

magmonkey
12-08-2004, 05:23 AM
so I was standing in line at the store yesterday talking to one of the guys on my team about
an upcoming event and things going on at DC, and this guy behind us asks if we are talking about paintball.

we say yes and start chatting with him. he was asking about the sport and our backgrounds in it and what not... so he asks for the shops phone number.

I gave it to him, paid for my snacks and left.

I get back to the shop and there is a message on the answering machine saying that the guy we were talking to at the store is in charge of the local access tv channel and he wanted to know if we would be willing to do a show on paintball.

he said he has already gone down to the local skate and bike shop and they are putting together a show on skating and bmx .I know the owner of the skate shop, so I called him up and in fact they have been taping for about a month.and he said they give you training with the cameras, editing devices and what not, and pretty much let you have control of whats going on.

I think I am going to give it a try,

does anybody have any sugestions?

I am thinking about hitting local fields for interviews and action
probably thrying to do local industry interviews and what not.

Alan
DC

Glickman
12-08-2004, 12:11 PM
awsome!

what you can do, is get statments from AO from different states around the country, and show how its not just local popularity, how its a national game. :D

You would make everyone proud if you attacked the problem of stereotyping paintball with "war-crazed old guys running around in camoflauge with guns"
(not that we dont have a few of them here :rolleyes: ) *run!*

slade
12-08-2004, 02:02 PM
hey, awesome!! I really cant offer much for suggestions except to explain the sport and that its not "warlike" as people often lable it. Oh and maybe you could film a small tourney at cape cod (if they have any this time of year) or a team practice somewhere.

oh yeah, and how local is local access? I want to see it :D . If you can post the video on Jayloo/AO.

goat
12-08-2004, 05:31 PM
I am not trying to judge you by saying this.........but I didnt see it mentioned yet and I feel its important.

please dont get on there acting like a couple PBNation kids, saying "Agg" and calling markers "Gat's" , Remember that by putting yourself on television you are representing the WHOLE sport and that is a good amount of responsibility. Do so with the idea in mind that someone might never have heard of paintball (like a commercial land owner looking for a new bussiness to open) and you are in a sense selling the sport and its positive aspects to them.
Other than that, show local tourney coverage, maybe a trip to a larger tourney with a local team to document the struggle of trying to "make it big" in tourney paintball.....Or a trip to a big game along with some local scenario players (be careful with the "war like" referances and that 1 weird wanna be Colubine kid that you might run into), show the teamwork aspect of the big game enviorment and the fun that can be had.

Again I stress the responsibility and hope you have alot of fun, :clap:
Goat

Curly
12-08-2004, 05:55 PM
I'd be happy to star in your tv show... :)