PDA

View Full Version : Blade

B.A.M.
12-08-2004, 01:36 PM
WHo is going to see the new blade and what do you think about the last 2. Personaly i liked them both and i plan to see this one :ninja:

Dayspring
12-08-2004, 02:05 PM
Already have my tickets for the 10:30 show.

I thought the first one was good. Second one was better, just a little to much Matrix-esque stuff going on.

Third looks as if it'll be pretty cool. We'll see.

digitard
12-08-2004, 02:57 PM
As long as the characters and movie is entertaining I'll be happy.

I dnot go to BLADE movies for the plot. Yes. Something pisses blade off and threatens things, he attacks it. Thats it in a nutshell. You go for the fun.

I hate reviewers who whine about "the plot was shakey" and stuff. WHO CARES! Its a BLADEmovie. Its not friggin' Gone w/ the Wind.

slade
12-08-2004, 03:25 PM
hmm, ill definately have to see it. I first heard about it in the thread about the morph (AOers can spot anything relevant to paintball :rolleyes: ) and looked at some clips online... http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=5215

it looks like it will be pretty good. I liked the first two but i thought the first one was a bit better. And yeah i agree, i like movies with a good plot too, but you go to see a blade movie for the action, not the plot. An action movie has to at least have a decent plot, though, it cant be horrible.

the only thing i really didnt like about the first two movies were parts that were sort of sickeningly graphic... now dont get me wrong, i like violent movies and dont mind gore, but the whole thing about bloated vampires exploding... i hope they left that behind.

Dayspring
12-08-2004, 03:45 PM
Sissy... ;)

the only thing i really didnt like about the first two movies were parts that were sort of sickeningly graphic... now dont get me wrong, i like violent movies and dont mind gore, but the whole thing about bloated vampires exploding... i hope they left that behind.

slade
12-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Sissy... ;)
haha lol... i like violence, in fact i loved kill bill (was it just me or was the ending scene of kill bill 2 lacking in action?) but bloated vampires isnt violence or action, its just sorta gross...

this talk of blade: trinity is inspiring me to watch blade again... i think ill do that and see trinity this weekend.

MantisMag
12-08-2004, 04:42 PM
haha lol... i like violence, in fact i loved kill bill (was it just me or was the ending scene of kill bill 2 lacking in action?) but bloated vampires isnt violence or action, its just sorta gross...

this talk of blade: trinity is inspiring me to watch blade again... i think ill do that and see trinity this weekend.
the ending of kill bill lacked action because david carradine is old. :p he couldn't handle a long drawn out fight.

evildead420
12-08-2004, 04:58 PM
i heard bad reviews of the new blade movie. for sure im not seeing it. the others were good

oh yea, dvd for sure though

digitard
12-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Unless I'm going to see a "story driven" movie with lots of plot and character interaction/backstory I dont listen to the reviewers... they're morons.

The problem I have with any "review" from a news source is that these people are paid to take this movie apart, compare it to every damn movie ever made, and "then" decide if its worth seeing. Thats stupid.

They have forgotten how to just go to a movie. Turn your brain off and enjoy the flick. Enjoy the laughs between characters, the characters themselves, the action, etc and just go enjoy the movie. Stop tearing it apart.

I've read from a lot of sources that Blade rocks on the enjoyable level... so go see it, dont think too much into it, and enjoy the ride.

evildead420
12-08-2004, 05:17 PM
Unless I'm going to see a "story driven" movie with lots of plot and character interaction/backstory I dont listen to the reviewers... they're morons.

The problem I have with any "review" from a news source is that these people are paid to take this movie apart, compare it to every damn movie ever made, and "then" decide if its worth seeing. Thats stupid.

They have forgotten how to just go to a movie. Turn your brain off and enjoy the flick. Enjoy the laughs between characters, the characters themselves, the action, etc and just go enjoy the movie. Stop tearing it apart.

I've read from a lot of sources that Blade rocks on the enjoyable level... so go see it, dont think too much into it, and enjoy the ride.

your right. but another blade movie already? just not feeling it

digitard
12-08-2004, 05:26 PM
No big deal on another Blade movie. 2 years is the average on a sequel with CGI (But not pure CGI).

Evil Preacher
12-08-2004, 06:32 PM
I just got back from seeing it.

It was better then the 2nd one but not as good as the first one IMHO.

Good action and some good one liners. HHH is funny trying to act.

To me it seemed that they went back to the comic book style of telling the story. But it works for this storyline.

SCpoloRicker
12-08-2004, 06:58 PM
the ending of kill bill lacked action because david carradine is old. :p he couldn't handle a long drawn out fight.

Oh. My. God.

How dare you speak ill of Kane. I'm sure he will be a-wandering through yur neck of the woods sometime, and then you will feel the wrath.

MantisMag
12-08-2004, 11:36 PM
haha. the dude's pushing 70. get real.

Thordic
12-08-2004, 11:38 PM
Ryan Reynolds totally steals this movie.

Theres some horrible acting from a few sources, but overall its entertaining and not too bad.

They still havn't gotten a badguy who rivals Stephen Dorff though.

quik
12-08-2004, 11:43 PM
WAIT MR. VAMPIRES, LET ME PUT MY HEADPHONES AND TURN MY IPOD ON. KTHX.

Wow that was a dumb movie.

digitard
12-08-2004, 11:58 PM
Vampire or not. You'd stop and let Jessica Biel do whatever she wants.

Dayspring
12-09-2004, 01:22 AM
I agree on this 100%.

Ryan was awesome.

Parker Posey was AWFUL.

And no. There hasn't been a bad guy as evil as Stephen was.

Ryan Reynolds totally steals this movie.

Theres some horrible acting from a few sources, but overall its entertaining and not too bad.

They still havn't gotten a badguy who rivals Stephen Dorff though.

Wc Keep
12-09-2004, 11:42 AM
i liked it. it had some really good action. and ryan reynolds is one seriously funny guy.
jessica beil is super hot.