PDA

View Full Version : MacDev Matchstick?

warbeak2099
12-08-2004, 04:50 PM
I'm looking for a decent 3-bore barrel kit and stumbled across the Matchstick online. It's got 3 bores and 2 fronts, exactly what I'm looking for. Anyone ever use one? It's a great price for what you get, $99 for the whole kit. But how is the quality? Any issues that need be dealt with such as tolerances, durability, etc? Thanks all.

Pete

P.S. If you can compare the two, how does it match up with the CP kits?

White_Noise
12-08-2004, 06:01 PM
i have a matchstik kit, and i love it. though i only use the 12" front, its a great barrel kit at any price. with good paint, these barrels shoot darts. theyre also nice and light but dont kill you wallet.

warbeak2099
12-08-2004, 08:32 PM
Ah, so you haven't experienced any downsides to the barrel? I read on pbreview some people had problems with nicking and scratches and even some dents but I've come to know that site isn't exactly the best for factual info.

alooney11
12-09-2004, 12:18 AM
Check ebay i bought a kaner kit (wgp) for 100$, it has 4 backs and 3 fronts.

hobbesTZ
12-09-2004, 12:23 AM
I has a 5 piece kit for a bit. Not all the parts lined up, but the parts I used that did line up worked great.

blinner
12-09-2004, 12:55 AM
The scratches are not really scratches they are lines form when it was coated with the special super slick material MacDev uses and hung to dry. I got a kit from PBkingdom.com and wasnt happy about it sent it back because a few pcs had very visable lines in it. They replaced the pcs for me. It in no way affected the performance of the kit and I really like it alot I use it on my Tac-one. It is very quiet,durable and accurate. Opp I wrote all that and you were talking about a 5ps kit not 7. I have the 7pc kit its $140 and has 4 bores and 3 tips.
I belive the 5pc kit dosent use the superslick material therefore dosent have the problem I was talking about and have heard great thing about it.

P8ntballr4life
12-10-2004, 11:04 PM
The older kits had problems. Supposedly the new kits have been remodeled and have a new extra slick coating, though I haven't heard anything about them I am tempted to try it myself. All other macdev products work great.