PDA

View Full Version : Sticky: Comments and Thoughts on Tom Kaye's Retirement from AGD and Paintball

ClassicMagger
12-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Hey:

Well, Mr. Kaye asked for a thread for General Comments on his Retirement. Here it is.

I just hope that Tom has the best of luck in his other ventures and will stay with us all on AO.

Best Wishes,

-ClassicMagger

Koosh
12-08-2004, 06:24 PM
I think it sucks he's leaving, but he has to do whats best for him.

Does Dave Zupan ever post on AO? Whats his Screen Name? Will he be as active as Tom was in the community?

Rift
12-08-2004, 06:27 PM
I think it sucks he's leaving, but he has to do whats best for him.

Does Dave Zupan ever post on AO? Whats his Screen Name? Will he be as active as Tom was in the community?
This is deff a good question one of the best things about AGD was the fact that tom comunicated with us. Will this stay the same under new managment? and where will AGD be headed now, what can we expect?

dynastyfan
12-08-2004, 06:28 PM
i think its very sad but to provide for his family i dont blame him in the least. well i hope he is happy where ever he goes but i know if i was in his shoes i wouldnt be.

MindJob
12-08-2004, 06:28 PM
WOW.

The last of the good guys rides off into the sunset

What does the future hold for AGD? New products? New direction, or will the new managment keep the ship on the same course?

Im here looking at my X-mag sitting on my gear case, thinking that it all of a sudden looks a bit 'dated' for some reason.

WOW

Now what?

Magaman
12-08-2004, 06:29 PM
If Dave is anything Like Tom, we will be in good hands...

It just sucks... I was so exited about just recently becoming an AGD Dealer for Tom... I'm still excited, but it somehow doesn’t quite feel the same... :cry:

I just hop Tom will stop by some of the Games and Tournies from time to time and I hope he continues to post here as well...

We will miss you bud... :hail:

DWill
12-08-2004, 06:29 PM
I just hope the values and practices of the company don't take a radical shift, and that AGD continues making the highest quality guns around. I am sorry to see Tom go though, he will be missed as an innovator and figurehead and an all around great guy in the world of paintball :(.

Blazestorm
12-08-2004, 06:32 PM
I never got to meet you Tom, but I would like to say, Thank you for all you have done, because without you, paintball would surely not be the same, and it's quite sad that one of the persons who has revolutionized paintball numerous times is having to leave because of the direction the sport is heading.

Good Luck Tom :(

Glickman
12-08-2004, 06:32 PM
I think he was one of the most influential guys in paintball, and is partly responsible for what it is today.

Hope to see him around shatnerballs though, wouldnt want him to disappear without a trace :p weve gotta heckle him somehow

cant forget the chuff chuff....

no more cult :cry:

Lee
12-08-2004, 06:48 PM
best of luck. i don't have to like it, but i do respect your decision.

it's truly the end of an era.

i have no idea what else to say. truly speechless.

chuff chuff :cry:

ej_y4
12-08-2004, 06:56 PM
Tom we will miss you, I wish you and your family the best of luck. You have done so much for paintbal and i would liek to thank you very much.

WingMan13
12-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Mr. Kaye,
I literally grew up with your products and innovations. I thank you for your commitment to this sport, for you are a true embassador of it. I wish you and your family the best of luck in your future endeavors.

ScatterPlot
12-08-2004, 07:13 PM
One last CHUFF CHUFF for the big man.

Tack
12-08-2004, 07:17 PM
This has me almost stunned beyond words.

Tom, I have had the privilage of playing with and against you at two Shatnerball events along with two D-Day games. Every time we met you were in person as nice as you are on AO. A real gentelman within the buisness, you will be missed by many. I just hope you will continue to post on AO as a member and a friend and no disrespect to Dave but in my mine there will only be one AGD on AO.

Good luck with you future ventures, I hope to play with you again at Shatnerball IV.

punkncat
12-08-2004, 07:20 PM
I am so stunned that I don't know what to say.

Its so out of the blue , its like what do you say. All this talk of revamping the company , new direction , new innovation , and BOOM ! I sold the inventory off to the VP and am getting out cause paintball isn't going well.....

I can't fault the decision , its just the LAST thing I expected to happen.

WHEN WILL THE NEW OWNER MAKE A STATEMENT ?

WARPED1
12-08-2004, 07:22 PM
Good luck to Tom in digging up those dinasaur bones!
I just wonder how long until the AO Zombies blame SP for this. :rolleyes:

SpecialBlend2786
12-08-2004, 07:23 PM
AGD will be in good hands i am sure of it. Tom would never turn his back on us. It will be interesting to see what direction AGD takes in terms of product development

AGDlover
12-08-2004, 07:41 PM
Best wishes to him I allways thought never would be a good time for him to leave. Best wishes too him eather way lets just hope i bump into him at CCP one day. tom you rocked all our socks!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

LittlePaintballBoy
12-08-2004, 07:43 PM
Jeez. Talk about blindsided, I could never have seen this coming.

thelane
12-08-2004, 08:55 PM
wow 13 and dont know what to say..well lets give it a try..Mr. Kayeive been playing for 2 years and AGD and the community has helped me lots still on my first gettio mag but i love it its a shock well b4 i start to ramble...great job,hope to meat you one day,best wishes to your family,hope to see you at black rain one day,and i STILL would chouse a MAG over anything.well thats it

:shooting: :dance:
-lane the flying skwril

P.S. :headbang: rock on Tom :headbang:
P.P.S. three cheers to tom and :cheers: AGD :cheers: :cheers:

RRfireblade
12-08-2004, 08:58 PM
I think it's quite apparent that this was coming to anyone who has been paying attention to AGD and the rest of the industry.

But....

Tom has done enough for Paintball and for AGD,often putting aside his individual needs for the greater good, hopefully now he can truly do something that he enjoys.

Good luck and Godspeed.

Jay.

i_baked_cookies
12-08-2004, 09:01 PM
Good luck TK in whatever you decide to do.

You've left a huge mark on the paintball community, and you will never be forgotten for your achievements.

Five out of five dancing bananas for TK:
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Sac
12-08-2004, 09:15 PM
TK is a paintball legend, its a sad day to see him go, but good luck in your future ventures Tom, you rock, i hope you hang around paintball events still i'd love to meet you someday and shake your hand.

zackzel
12-08-2004, 09:16 PM
I"m still stunned by this its like I'm having a bad dream. Tom you will always be remembered for all the great things you've done for the sport. I hope you still stick around on here though.

But when are we going to hear something from the new guy???

Alpha
12-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Mr Kaye, I have been an automag owner for about two weeks now, and I have yet to even shoot paint through my marker. I want to let you know I am 1000% satisfied with this beautiful work of art.

I have dealt with AGD for a couple issues regurding my new marker and only have I gotten kind heared people onthe phone. People I can obviously tell take pride in their work (mainly the lady on the misc. calls line, she was VERY nice!). With that being said, AGD owns all. AGD has rocked paintball from its foundation, and in the future of it, I can see many new ideas sprouting from a new generation of paintballers.

Thank you for all that you have done for this wonderful sport. I wish the best of luck to you and your family. Have a WONDERFUL holiday. Much love.

I'm a new school baller, but I will never forget the roots of paintball. I'll never forget what you've done. Thank you. :cry:

Dave
12-08-2004, 09:28 PM
Tom, I have been using your products for over 3 years now. They have not failed me. The automag was the first paintball marker I ever purchased. Before I ever got one, I knew, somehow, that I was going to get an automag. I just knew it. That decision has served me well. Everywhere I've gone, people have been amazed at what these markers are capable of. It truly has shattered a lot of stigmas and preconcieved notions for sure.

While this is disheartening concerning the atmosphere of paintball today, thank you for telling us. I respect your decision, and trust that you know what you're doing with the company. Thank you for always including us in the business of your business, which is something that very few companies do, but it is certainly most appreciated. God bless in your new ventures.

I, as well as others, am interested in when the new president of AGD will make a statement? Lets hope soon...

-Dave

Cyberious
12-08-2004, 09:38 PM
I am honestly heartbroken but alas not surprised. Alot has been going on in the industry lately and I am surprised that Tom has stuck around this long. Tom you are and always have been a stand up guy unfortunately todays business atmosphere doesn't seem to a gentleman's endeavour anymore. Thank you for your genius that built the sport in its infancy. Thank you for the countless hours you spent talking to us and sometimes involving us in product decisions at AGD. Thank you for treating us as family and not just customers.

Enjoy your archaeological digs. Now that I've finished my 2nd Masters Degree, I'm planning on finishing up a Bachelors in Archaeology that I've been doing slowly for years. I hope to someday meet up with you somewhere in the dirt.

Take care my friend, the industry has lost the last true Gentleman.

Warmest Regards.

Vanced
12-08-2004, 09:48 PM
:hail:

We are not worthy... But I for one am greatfull...

Thanks for all you have done, the things you were aware of and all the small things you weren't but played a big role in non-the-less or so many of us...

Relax and enjoy your accomplishents if you can...

CHEERS ! :cheers:

You'll always be welcome here at AO and any patch of ground any of us tred on playing the game you helped create...

DiSoRdeR
12-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Sad to see you go, hope you will stop by AO every once in awhile. I never got to meet you in person, only on AO. I will always support AGD, cause I love my Minimag and I will be buying an RT Pro pretty soon.

matt-o
12-08-2004, 10:58 PM
well my first gun was a mag and ive been contemplating getting another one, this is really surprising and all to lose the founding father of torney paintballl

i do have to say that i can see one possible upside, tom always liked to keep to the classic mag design, i mean it hasnt really changed much since the emag. maybe newer things can be put into the mag, like the m-qvalve and things like that. i know that its all excessive and thats sorta the point of not changing it, but mags are really getting outgunned these days, i just couldnt keep up with my emag, and things like the m-qvalve and other electro ideas could help change that. its all about buzzwords and the current mag design just dosnt seem to do it like the agg-mag does.

bunkerhugger
12-08-2004, 11:24 PM
Move production to China, throw in a cheater board and switch to a ult assembly as stock and the Mag superior valve design would own the paintball scene. Lighter electronics, smaller shape, the perfect front, mid player gun.

HoppysMag
12-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Tom, you have been a driving force in the game. best of luck in anything you do and dont be a stranger to the forum!

Thordic
12-09-2004, 12:26 AM
Tom, I wish I could say this is a huge surprise, but its not. I remember having a conversation with you in the bar at IAO, and it just left me with a feeling. I can't say I expected this, but it isn't all that surprising.

Over the years, you've been a lot of things to the paintball industry. An innovater, a player, and advice-giver, a gun-maker, a proof-seeker, and most importantly, a friend to a lot of people. You may think you'll be forgotten in a year, but I doubt thats possible. You've had too big an impact upon this sport that even in its changing / decaying form, you're name will still be heard and recognized for years to come.

There's a few things about you that stand out to anyone who meets you.

First is your approachability. At every event I've seen you at, you take time out to talk to those who want to talk. Whether its just for a quick hello, or eating donuts and gossiping, or hosting tech classes out for free on your own time, I've never seen you turn anyone away or tell them you were too busy. Tons of industries leaders don't make themselves approachable to their customers and fans, your friendliness has always made you stand out amongst your peers.

Another thing is your enthusiasm for the sport. I don't think I've met many people who I can honestly say are as in love with paintball as you are. I've seen you up late at night plotting how to best destroy Shatner, seen you getting excited over new breakthroughs in technology, and I've unfortunately seen you deeply hurt about the direction the sport is heading in.

You've invented technology that has changed the face of paintball, but I think perhaps your greatest contribution may have been your involvement in acquiring and promoting AO. Building a business is an accomplishment, but one lots of people are capable of. Building a community that has grown in so many ways is amazing.

AOers are more than just people who talk on the internet. A lot of us have formed tight and meaningful friendships with people who live halfway across the country, or sometimes halfway across the globe. And you've played a part in that. In a lot of ways, you're the father to the AO community. I can't even count the number of kids I see on AO who look up to you almost as a second father. I know right now you are probably feeling kind of low, but just try to think about the positive effect you have had on so many people. You've become a part of peoples lives. And thats something no one will forget.

I truly hope that while you and AGD may have parted ways, you can still find time to stay in contact with all those on AO who still consider you a friend and a role-model. I know at times through the years we've put you through hell, but we're still here for you and I hope that doesn't change.

The community you've begun won't die, it won't fade away or be forgotten. AO is your legacy, and in my opinion, thats something to be truly proud of. When you think about whats been done on this website, its awe-inspiring.

I wish you luck in all your future endeavors, I'm sure with your intelligence and enthusiam you'll be able to accomplish whatever it is you set your mind to.

Sincerely,

Brian "Thordic" Casani

minimagjim
12-09-2004, 12:51 AM
I for one will never forget his contributions to the sport. Nor will i forget how awesome it was to speak to him and play along side him. I do hope that he does not drop under the radar, and remains active on the forums just as a friendly voice and continues to show up at events and meets. I also hope that the AO community does not fall do to this. I have met some really cool people on here and would hate to see it go.

I think of Tom Kaye as a living legend. And he actually is awesome. I mean some idols or legends turn out to be mediocre or not what they say they are. But Tom is truely a great man. Intelligent, friendly, and a beast on the field. I remember the final battle of shatberball 3 and how he rallied all the troops and did that massive charge. That was great and we all did cause we all not only wanted to win but we trusted him and honored this guy. Look at the registration for shatner3 it was one sided in favor of Tom up intill the event. Why? Its not that we dont like shatner or anything ;) but we dont respect and revere him like we do Tom.

I wish him luck and good fortune with whatever he chooses to do.

As for me and my friends we are planning on wearing either an arm band or badge in respect to Tom Kaye leaving the sport. Perhaps all of at AO can do this as a sign of allegance or support. And when people ask about it we can explain the legacy of Tom Kaye.

spacedtedybear
12-09-2004, 01:24 AM
While many heads of other paintball companies have always stated that everything they do is to further the sport of paintball. You are however one of the few who backed up your words with action. You've continued to allow your passion for the sport guide you through this market, not the potential for a quick buck. It is a truely commendable feat especially in these times. What you've done for paintball will never be forgotten by those who truely love and respect the sport.
You set out to do what you wanted to do. Whether you've accomplished everything you wanted to in the sport, I do not know. What I do know is that every achievement you've accomplished will never be taken away from you. Goodluck in whatever venture you will set out towards, and always remember; To strive, to seek, and to never yield.

GhillieGuy
12-09-2004, 01:34 AM
Well I can remember when i got my first AGD gun, it was my minimag when i was 13 years old. Hell I was proud of that thing and now it all came down to this. As much as I love paintball I still dont think that it will ever be the same. Nothin but love..
peace
tyler

White_Noise
12-09-2004, 01:52 AM
ive been the proud owner of 4 agd markers since i started playing almost 5 years ago. i have always enjoyed the agd community as well as the support. my only concern is that this doesnt change, but i do think that we will be in good hands. hats off to tom, enjoy looking up at the stars, and down in the dirt.

Mother
12-09-2004, 02:02 AM
The easy roads are crowded
And the level roads are jammed;
The pleasant little rivers
With the drifting folks are crammed.
But off yonder where it's rocky,
Where you get a better view,
You will find the ranks are thinning
And the travelers are few.

Where the going's smooth and pleasant
You will always find the throng,
For the many, more's the pity,
Seem to like to drift along.
But the steeps that call for courage,
And the task that's hard to do
In the end result in glory
For the never-wavering few.

--Edgar Albert Guest

You have much to be proud of, Tom. This entire community - the AO Army - would not be here if was not for you. You've put quality, service and your customers above everything else, in an industry still trying to find its heart. There has never been a doubt where yours has been and where it will remain for as long as there are memories:

"If I would have my name endure,
I'll write it on the hearts of men"
--Horatio Alger Jr

Safe journies, my friend.

breg
12-09-2004, 04:30 AM
Well, Tom has never been known to half-arse anything. What ever he is going to do he is going to do well, and I'm sure that everything will go smooth.

Thank you fo rmy RTP. I still love it!

MindJob
12-09-2004, 09:08 AM
Any chance of an AO going away tour???

It would be great to see Tom at the next AO-NJ day.

Dayspring, start pulling some strings... :cheers:

wyn1370
12-09-2004, 09:11 AM
Much as others have said, I'm not surprised by this. Sad yes, but not surprised. Tom has way too much character and heart to stay in an industry full of corruption and politics.

On a different note, I can see in the near future things going two ways. If we don't stand strong and carry on the tradition that Tom has built here on AO, things are going to continue to get worse around here. If not, AO will become simply another PBN.

I’m so sick of listening to all the complaining about how bad things have become and about how great things where back in AO’s glory days. There is a very strong core group of people that have become practically family. And to us, this is much like a death in the family. So what does a family have to do when there is a death, you pull together and carry on.

Creative Mayhem
12-09-2004, 09:24 AM
Much as others have said, I'm not surprised by this. Sad yes, but not surprised. Tom has way too much character and heart to stay in an industry full of corruption and politics.

On a different note, I can see in the near future things going two ways. If we don't stand strong and carry on the tradition that Tom has built here on AO, things are going to continue to get worse around here. If not, AO will become simply another PBN.

I’m so sick of listening to all the complaining about how bad things have become and about how great things where back in AO’s glory days. There is a very strong core group of people that have become practically family. And to us, this is much like a death in the family. So what does a family have to do when there is a death, you pull together and carry on.

Well said Rob... couldn't have said it better myself. We as AO'ers need to keep the REAL meaning of AO alive and not let the idea of a internet community STARTED BY TOM become diluted by people who don't understand how things got started and why we are here to begin with.

shartley
12-09-2004, 09:53 AM
Well said Rob... couldn't have said it better myself. We as AO'ers need to keep the REAL meaning of AO alive and not let the idea of a internet community STARTED BY TOM become diluted by people who don't understand how things got started and why we are here to begin with.Tom started AO? I thought he purchased it from someone else who started it.

But with that said, I wish Tom all the best and hope he is happy in whatever he does. His leaving was by far not unexpected though. As some have already posted, folks should have seen this coming for a long time. But as is often the case folks see only what they want to see.

Tom is not dead. Tom is simply moving on. Have fun Tom.

Pickle
12-09-2004, 09:58 AM
For some odd reason the Lorax came to mind.
http://www.braglio.com/archives/lorax2.jpg

Other than that, not much else to say. I'm just sad and I hope that AO only improves and that AGD stays the course.

skipdogg
12-09-2004, 11:38 AM
I'm sure Tom would not want one, but any thoughts to a proper send off by all the loyal AGD customers over the years? A chance to laugh and cry together? Anyone second the idea?

behemoth
12-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Wow Tom, you took me by shock.

Im gonna go watch my Shatner DVD and play with my mag...

SAD SAD DAY IN PAINTBALL FELLAS. SAD DAY. :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:
Good luck in your new ventures, and hopefully this new guy will be as nice as you are. :D :D

Jeffy-CanCon
12-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Tom,

thanks for all you've done, for all of us. I'm happy and proud to be able to say that I got to meet you one time. May your next venture be as rewarding for you as this one has been for all of us.

Jeff Perrault

G3PB
12-09-2004, 01:53 PM
No one should be really surprised with this. After speaking with Tom at D-Day. I felt it was just a matter of time. It is too bad there are so few paintballers that have been around long enough to realize just what Tom has done for this industry. I studied Mechanical Engineering many many years ago and I've always said that the Mag series is the only gun with any sort of solid engineering behind it's design and the reason I still own the first one I bought in the early 90's......

Good luck, Tom...you will be missed. Budd bailing, Glenn retiring, you retiring...the end of an era...now it'll be all about big business and profit margins, more than about the "game".

Krysys
12-09-2004, 02:20 PM
I think it was appropriate to dust off this old rant on the webpage and toss it back up on AO. Cry fest time.

Those Truly Hurt

My heart truly goes out to those that are hurt the most from these obscene lawsuits and legal battles. I'm not talking about the players. I'm not talking about small companies who are drowning in a sea of profit loss and competition. I'm talking about people who truly epitomize paintball. People like Tom Kaye. This man has poured all of his living into the sport he loves. He has been there, innovating and helping people for decades, trying to stay alive in a world of backstabbing competitors. His company has prided itself on helping the customers and treating them like family. This man teaches his own tech classes and can be reached if there is ever a problem. Now, I had the honor of briefly speaking with him at IAO, and the one quote that will stay with me until I die is “I have to watch what I say ‘now.’” It’s a ****ing tragedy that this kind, helpful man who helped evolve the sport we love is afraid to speak his mind about a game he personally helped nurture. I owned a Mag and didn’t care for it, but you won’t find more loyal customers that Airgun’s patrons. Why? Because Tom is one of the founding fathers of this game, and they are all his children.

Muzikman
12-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Tom started AO? I thought he purchased it from someone else who started it.

But with that said, I wish Tom all the best and hope he is happy in whatever he does. His leaving was by far not unexpected though. As some have already posted, folks should have seen this coming for a long time. But as is often the case folks see only what they want to see.

Tom is not dead. Tom is simply moving on. Have fun Tom.

Tom might not have been the "founder" of AO, but he developed and grew AO. He was the one that supported and in my mind, made AO what it is today.

And if you say "no, it was the users of AO" I do not agree. AO would not be where it is today if AGD did not buy it and if Tom did not put his time and money into it.

MindJob
12-09-2004, 02:31 PM
After taking 24hrs to think about it....

To, me... paintball has just took a turn for the worse. AO and AGD seem to have a dark cloud over them right now... and it is a feeling that I just dont like.

With all of the B.S. and underhanded characters that permiate our sport... I always took great comfort in knowing Tom and AGD where there.

Not only the last of, but the FIRST good guy of paintball. It is not difficult to understand why he is calling it quits.

The paintball market right now is flooded with cheaply made, FAD products. Out of all of the dozens of markers out right now, I can count on one hand the number of them that I would buy or use other than an AGD product. (and still have fingers left over)

It must be tough to have to fight an uphill battle every day against:
-the market
-suppliers
-creditors
-and Lawyers

A lesser man would have moved on long ago.

I also wanted to let Tom know that my X-mag is the possesion I cherrish the most.

AGD is obviously at a crossroad right now. The only good thing I try to keep in mind is that things might actually get better.

A new direction, new products... a new spark of enthusiasm. (A quality marketing team would help too)

So I am tipping my Yankees hat, and wishing Tom and his family the very best in the new year.

Now I am going to go home, give my X-mag a good cleaning, get some new paint, fresh batteries for my Halo.. and get ready to kick some butt this weekend on the field.

-Scott

shartley
12-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Tom might not have been the "founder" of AO, but he developed and grew AO. He was the one that supported and in my mind, made AO what it is today.

And if you say "no, it was the users of AO" I do not agree. AO would not be where it is today if AGD did not buy it and if Tom did not put his time and money into it.
I agree. And I would not say what your preemptive argument point was either.

I will however add that I truly agree that Tom had a great roll in forming what AO is today. And I will also point out that while some would consider that a good thing, there are others (and just as many if not more) that would disagree with that. It is a matter of perspective…… but I understand that this is not really a matter suited for open discussion on AO. ;)

Again, I wish Tom all the best. Retiring should be viewed in a positive light, not as if someone has died……. Well, unless you are being escorted by Joe Black. ;)

Igotu
12-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Best memories in paintball will allways lie with you and ao tom, Best Wishes for your future.

I will NEVER forget you or get rid of my mag. Good luck and good bye.

Mag Master 04
12-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Well Tom i would like to thank you for all the years of automag goodness that you have brought to the paintball world. I speak for everyone here when I say you have done a great job. Good luck and Best wishes. hope to see you around AO.

Steve

XSSPL
12-10-2004, 12:19 AM
my take on Tom's legacy and contribution can be easily summed up every single time I go to play with my 68Classic Mag (yes I mean classic as in remote line CO2 and dual expansions) and some young kid will say - "Hey, what kind of gun is that?"

To which I reply, "It's an Automag." Most will then get a real puzzled look on their face when they notice the absence of a motorized anything and a single finger trigger frame... :wow:
I can hear their brain saying "How do you play with something like that?"

After a few games of dominating play, sitting around getting a swig of gatorade - these kids, always more than one will ask me "Hey, how much was your gun?"

Nuf said

ScatterPlot
12-10-2004, 11:20 AM
Hey, how much was ur gun?

:p

Bubonic Plauge
12-10-2004, 12:07 PM
There will be a long period of "The Dark Ages" for Paintball.

This reminds me of the end of "The Return of The King" when the good guys all sail off into the undieing(sp) lands....or the end of "Excailbur" when Arthur sails off with the othe kings.

Bummer,

Craig

LaW
12-12-2004, 08:01 PM
Its been great shooting your markers for the past 9 years. Like others, not so suprised to see this happen... AO did grow nicely after AGD purchased it. I was a member here for a few years prior and the site was dead, but the forum at the time was still strong. AGD made it stronger, no doubt about that.

Just like to say good luck on your future ventures, and I wish nothing but greatness for you in the future. You have brought so much to the sport and its players. Its truly a sad day when someone like this walks away. :cheers:

jewie27
12-15-2004, 06:11 PM
WOW.

The last of the good guys rides off into the sunset

What does the future hold for AGD? New products? New direction, or will the new managment keep the ship on the same course?

Im here looking at my X-mag sitting on my gear case, thinking that it all of a sudden looks a bit 'dated' for some reason.

WOW

Now what?

I really do hope that the company is on the upswing. I don't want AGD to lose its vision for the future. I really pray and hope that the 'Mag will not disappear. It should be refined but not forgotten. What products are in the works?

Iceman8446
12-16-2004, 02:05 AM
Well I know what this means. I must sell my cocker, get an emag, and make a pilgramage to shatner ball.

BajaBoy
12-20-2004, 11:08 PM
wow i was sitting here chatting paintball with a friend and i decided to stop by AO and see what was up with paintball i havent played in a very very long time it might be going on 2years now?

But i must say that Tom i am completely shocked that your leaving AGD.. i remember a wile back on Xmas day me and my Buddy both got our classic mags and we watched you crazy vid of all the tech stuff.. haha ive had many many mags and a year ago i had an X and sold it to build an emag... ace milled all that jazz... its sitting in my basement ever since i finished it, i thought about selling it to pay for my new mustang but i think that ill hang onto it.. it will soon be hanging on my wall.. ill get like an AGD poster and put it right above.. wish it could be singed..

anyway if there are big games for tom around the east cost then someone get in contact with me ide love to go

bawitheba
12-30-2004, 07:27 AM
I think as ao as a family eventhough i don't own a mag anymore. It's like im an orphan now its like my dad beat up my mom and left in the middle of the night. I feel so abandoned.I feel pissed too if im ever working in the desert and find that spelunking fool im going to light him up an say wish you had a marker abought right now hunh.How could he abandon us now in such a crucial time. Im going to start U.T.A.C. (Uncle TOM'S Abandoned Children).ill post on this subject later. :cry: :mad: :cry: :cuss:

HANGNBANGN
01-29-2005, 01:48 AM
Thanks Tom for setting the example on how a paintball company should be run. Extreme Quality products. The best tech service and support.. And a great history of leading the industry with technical inovations.. Instead of going for the quick buck.. You will be Missed

muskratjim
02-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Well here it is after all these years and just when i get my kids into paintball tk retires. man that sucks. but i understand the politics surrounding the manufacturing of markers and the kids today (if it's not a new years model it must be junk) it just sad to see a great man like tom go. i bought my first mag in 1991 and it served me great untill i had to go electo so i got a e-mag and baby it rocks. i just hope AGD makes a come back. Good Luck Tom and go enjoy your retirerment. :cry:

mercury
02-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Well, I just started browsing these forums again and found out that Tom has left paintball. I have to say this is the end of an era. I remember about three years ago when I first started playing paintball and bought my first Automag...a classic RT. I came to these forums and as a response to my first ever post, Tom welcomed me to the community and the world of paintball. This, along with various other things, has kept me a Mag fan for life. Hope you hang around and post messages every once in a while, Tom. I hope your future ventures do well for you. Good luck.

-Steven :cheers:

paint magnet
03-04-2005, 09:33 PM
Wow. I don't really know what to say. I can't say that part of me didn't see this coming, or that given the current market situation that I would have done any differently, but I'm sorry to see it end this way.

We'll never forget you, Mr. Kaye, or what you've done for the paintball community. AGD is one of the few companies that has earned my respect (along with the likes of Palmer's, CCI, and AKA), and I will continue to support their products.

I wish you luck in whatever you decide to do, hopefully after taking a much needed and well-deserved break from paintball, you will be able to enjoy it again.

Battman
07-15-2010, 08:59 PM
It's Time To Come Back

eNder159
05-18-2011, 09:23 AM
on the shoebox website under the FAQs it says that TK is back into the paintball industry from being 5 years retired.