PDA

View Full Version : Look what I got on the way to work Monday

Blennidae
12-08-2004, 11:08 PM
I was driving in to work on the freeway about 5:30am and I heard a big thump. I thought I ran something over that might have whacked the underside of the car. I looked in the rearview mirror, but didn't see anything bouncing around.

The car was behaving normally, so I continued on to work. Once I got to the parking lot I looked under the car and at the rims to see if there was any damage. I didn't see anything, but when I stood up I noticed the hood.

I never saw what hit it, but everyone says 4" higher and it would have come thru the windshield. The only damage is the hood and headlight assembly.

Here is a pic I took today, the first time I had a chance to get out in some (not much)
daylight.

Snertz
12-08-2004, 11:11 PM
Whoa, holy crud what could have hit it?! Big rock?

Ps. What kind of car? I don't reconize the headlight..

BD_Paintball
12-08-2004, 11:12 PM
wow that is crazy. glad you are ok, but what could of caused that. did you find anything under the hood or any trace of what it could be?

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
12-08-2004, 11:19 PM
I had a giant piece of cement fall of an underpass, and hit the bumper of my jeep.

That could have been ugly.

MedicDVG
12-08-2004, 11:25 PM
I smell settlement... We of the Law Firm of Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe would like to represent you...

tony3
12-08-2004, 11:36 PM
Better your hood then windshield.

Blennidae
12-08-2004, 11:37 PM
There wasn't much traffic at that time of the morning, and I wasn't following anyone very close. I am guessing it was a piece of metal. I haven't popped the hood, as I'm not sure I'd be able to close it. The hole doesn't go all the way thru, it hits an inner crossmember of the hood.

Its a 2003 Mazda 6s by the way.

PyRo
12-09-2004, 01:27 AM
Bird.

LittlePaintballBoy
12-09-2004, 10:21 AM
Bird.

Dropping.

sithos
12-09-2004, 07:15 PM
not so sure it'd be a bird. i hit a bird going perhaps 85mph, and although it sounded like a shotgun blast, it did very little to the front of my subaru, other than make a very nasty mess.

now i just wish i had gotten a picture of the hood of my car when my battery arced over and exploded. put a pretty nice sized dent (outwards) in the hood, and i about wet myself.

HoppysMag
12-09-2004, 07:39 PM
doin like 90 down the mass pike at like 1 am one day and the car infront of me kicked up what looked a wooden dowel about 2 inches in diamiter. hit my windshield, scared the poo outta the kid in the passenger seat. didnt damage the windshield. so i think it musta been something else. but i cant imagine what.

Mighty Mike
12-09-2004, 08:27 PM
Awwww...man, that sucks!! I feel for ya Rick. :(

Too bad you weren't driving your old T-bird, whatever hit you would have easily bounced off that car. :)

Blennidae
12-09-2004, 08:38 PM
Difinitely not a bird. There was no blood or feathers. I've hit birds before and they tend to disintegrate in a puff of feathers.

I'm waiting on parts now, and I have a $100 comprehensive deductible, so its not too bad. I just have to drive around with this big hole in my hood for now...

hAppy
12-09-2004, 09:05 PM
Dang glad you're ok, but poor beautiful car :cry:

amoeba
12-09-2004, 09:08 PM
my bad............................................... ..............

just kidding, it wasnt me. Damn Punks Throwing rocks over walls.. :mad:

magman007
12-09-2004, 09:28 PM
its funny, cars destroy birds, but birds destroy airplanes

FreakBaller12
12-09-2004, 09:43 PM
now i just wish i had gotten a picture of the hood of my car when my battery arced over and exploded. put a pretty nice sized dent (outwards) in the hood, and i about wet myself.
for some reason I can just see that happening with my friends. Oh man I laughed out loud when I read that :clap: :rofl:

Z-man
12-09-2004, 09:44 PM
holy crap Blenn glad you are still with us. Might want to get something that rides higher up like a nice truck ;)?

master_alexander
12-10-2004, 12:36 AM
man, it must have been heavy or dense, it looked like something in the shape of a cilinder with a blunt end, and it hit right above the 3rd light socket from the right and pivoted in that nice little hole it made and went off to the left of the car (looking from the steering wheel).

that's my theory.

and another story from my dad

ok so my father was in the marine corps and stationed in uma arizona (no ret. lt col.). he had just got back from a flight (he flew helicopters) and it was about 2 in the morning and he was on the highway. well, he still had his night vison gogles and decided to go 120 mph in his 1985 turbo boosted saab without lights on on the highway(with nvg's of course).
So he was about to pass some guy and he turned his lights on and off twice and scared the **** out of the guy and all he saw was brake lights.

I have a lot of old marine stories, when i want hunting on the 28th of october i was out there in the rockis with 4 old marines who can do just about annything with annything

The guy that owned the cabin in pagosa springs, mineral county, colorado ran a 19 car garage only at the age 19

that was cool.