PDA

View Full Version : Hi i just got a automag and i need to know so things about nitro for the automag

GallagherAtWar
11-06-2001, 08:41 PM
Hi i just got a automag and i getting nitro i need to know:

1) What else i need to run nitro
2) Can i use a remote on nitro? if so what else would i need for my air system?
3) What do u recomend i get?
4) Any other thing i need to know about my gun and the air system? because i don't know a lot.

my nitro system is exactally is:
Brand New
Pure Energy
Air / Nitrogen System
Including
48 cu Pure energy tank
with 3000 psi Regulator
Gauge 4000 psi
Unified Rupture Disc Assembly

Also Is this a good system for $59.99

Xzion
11-06-2001, 08:52 PM
What else i need to run nitro

For a screw in tank, all you need is an ASA to screw in the tank, and the hoses to run from the ASA to the valve. or buy a cradle or whatever for use on a non-screw in tank, and the line from teh tank reg to the valve.

Can i use a remote on nitro? if so what else would i need for my air system?

Yes you can, all you'll need is a remote line, and an adapter for the type of tank your using, then just run the remote line to an ASA on your gun. THough Ive never used a remote, and may be mistaken on some aspects on setting up a remote.

Hope this helps a little bit.

FooTemps
11-06-2001, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Hi i just got a automag and i getting nitro i need to know:

1) What else i need to run nitro

Nothing. The tank you have is a screw in so you don't need anything else. It screws in just like a co2 tank. Get connections if you don't have them yet.

2) Can i use a remote on nitro? if so what else would i need for my air system?

Yes, you'd need the remote and adapters.

3) What do u recomend i get?
A drop forward and a 12 vlt revolution. A d/f for better balance and revvy for higher fire rate.

4) Any other thing i need to know about my gun and the air system? because i don't know a lot.
Take care of your gun and it won't break on ya! Don't try to screw the tank off when it's on. I've heard some nasty stories of the tank shooting off and damaging stuff...

Phatty
11-07-2001, 05:47 AM
Mags are kind of gas hogs, they arent shockers, but they use a good amount. You will be a surprise as to how fast a 47-48ci tank will run out. They are not bad starter tanks though. Keep the gun clean, always use HPA!

GallagherAtWar
11-07-2001, 06:15 AM
where can i get that stuff?

Bad Dave
11-07-2001, 06:23 AM
you should be able to get the adpaters from where you bought the tank, alternatively try www.888paintball.com

Drizit
11-07-2001, 10:04 AM
the tank you have will do the job on a mag, in fact mykroft uses one on a retro mag. but it won't last long, you will probably only get a hopper and 2 or 3 pods out of it. as to remote all you need is the fittings and if you want it a stock.

and FooTemps unless you have seen it happen I wouldn't put to much stock in that story. since there is a vent in the ASA so that as you unscrew the tank it dumps all the pressure out that little hole in the bottom (or top depending on how you mount your ASA) when there is still a thread or two holding the tank.

scribe
11-07-2001, 11:17 AM
i got a question about nitrogen too. um...is it better to have a screw on? or does it not even matter

davej946
11-07-2001, 11:31 AM
Scribe,
Screw in tank are [usually] fixed output, meaning the output pressure is not adjustable. They are usually set at 800-900psi. This is just fine for a mag. The real need for an adjustable output tank becomes more obvious when runningt a ReTro Valve. Then you can adjust the "reactiveness" of the trigger.

Screw-in tanks are usually much cheaper (price not quality)too.

Xzion
11-07-2001, 12:30 PM
I personally regretted buying a Screw in 68ci tank, mainly because I bought it before I had planned on how I wanted my 'mag in the way of drop forwards and such, now im kicking myself for not picking up a non-screw in tank because the drop I wanted didnt work with it without having to spend more money, and even now, its still rather agrivating at times. So, Make sure you know what tank setup you want before going to buy a screw in tank, or a non screw in. Then again, it also tends to come down to affording them as well, which I know all TOO well :D

GallagherAtWar
11-07-2001, 08:26 PM
I need a:
KAPP Drop Zone Craddle II

what else i got a nitro tank look at my first post to see the speces there near the botten of the post

Drizit
11-08-2001, 12:51 AM
ok now you want to save yourself some coin? instead of the drop zone take a look at the TKO cradle form PMI. it's about the same drop but at 1/4 the price. diff is you can't put the tank on the side of the drop, (big deal.) oh yeah it doesn't say KAPP on it(this could be a big problem for some people) but if you ever get an Armageddon it has the rail for that on it. just a thought. the only thing you will need to run it on gun after that is the line form the cradle to the valve, I recommend stainless steel line, a gas through grip of some sort (keeps the line clean) and a quick connect on the valve, and some elbows to screw the line into. and if you go with stainless bring your gun with you when you go pick up all the parts so you can size it right, and get the proper 45 degree and 90 degree elbows. that should have you up and running, the only thing you may find trouble with is the tank not having enough capacity for you. (seriously the KAPP is a waist of money, the PMI is just as good, if not better and lot's cheaper)

GallagherAtWar
11-08-2001, 05:29 AM
every 1 say its too small
How big i need and how much is that?

T F
11-08-2001, 07:56 AM
Has a couple of detraments going for it (or against it). The PMI reg in testing and in my opinion has one of the worst shoot down rates I have seen recorded. I would advise for a faster recharging reg to ge the most consistency out of your mag when you really get on the trigger. Also, that 47 should get you about 550 shots or so depending on the fill and the paint to barrel match (better match better efficiency). Now if you are not a heavy shooter and do not worry so much about things like recharge rate (or you do not play a lot of tournies and are not worried about the Chrono cop nailing you) then PMI regs are just fine.

For my money (and I am biased because I am sponsored by them) I would buy a 68 CI Crossfire tank. If you have the money buy a 4500 psi system. This allows you to have the same bulk and add 1/2 and again more shots. I run a 68 45K on my Retromag with Hyperframe and dump a 7 pod harness plus my hopper and have about a grand left in the tank.

Now, if you want to run remote you can on almost any tank but the easiest to run remote to are the screw in types. That is because many companies make remotes for C02 tanks and those are the same threads as the screw in tanks. (If you are looking for a remote - and I am not advertising here because I know it is wrong in this forum - I have a coild remote and a braided remote simply collecting dust that I would be happy to give you a very low price on - I hav ebeen in the new mag and have no money shoes before and I wished someone would have helped me)

Good luck and I hope I offended no one by my possible controversial post. :)

TF

Drizit
11-08-2001, 09:11 AM
I know a person using that exact pmi tank on a retromag, it works fine, hey even the turbo max works until you hit 2000psi, however a faster recharge rate you will not find then the crossfire (and I'm not sponsored by them) check how high a fill you can get at your local field. if you play tournies get a 4500 psi tank regardless but if your field can only fill to 2000 or 3000psi then I would suggest an 88ci providing you want to shoot a lot, and you have the coin. if you just plan to play at your local field and they can't fill over 3000 then it won't make much diffrence if you get a 3000psi system or a 4500psi system. As to adjustable systems they are REALLY nice if you have some extra bucks, and when they come out the 4500psi flatlines will be sweet, however if you can't weight that long then a Max-Flow is one of the best systems I have ever used (wish I hadn't traded mine, *tear*)