PDA

View Full Version : TAC-1 pump kit

NewMagMan21
12-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Is there one at all and/or does it work for the TAC-1????

JoshK
12-09-2004, 07:11 PM
im not 100% sure...but i think its the rail that matters...and then you need to get the pump and rail people are selling on here every once and awile.

warbeak2099
12-09-2004, 07:19 PM
RobAGD would probably be able to mill out your tac-1 body and rail to accept a pump kit. That's what you'd need, not a special kit. Just have him do the milling and find a kit and you should be able to slap it right in.

NewMagMan21
12-09-2004, 08:38 PM
Now would I be able to change from semi to pump without any probs :confused:
And then i mean change back and forth to whichever one

BradAGD
12-10-2004, 12:11 AM
hmmm....can be done, be asked about before even.

Muzikman
12-10-2004, 01:06 AM
Now would I be able to change from semi to pump without any probs :confused:
And then i mean change back and forth to whichever one

If the rail and body were milled and a new front bracket for the pump arm was made, there is no reason it couldn't be done.

The way the pump mag works is that to change it from pump to semi...you unscrew the pump arm from the front. This will remove the arm and the pump rod from the gun. then you take the valve out and remove the wave spring and bumper, put the normal blue bumper on and put the valve back in.

If you get bolt stick, you might also have tp change to a larger PT spacer.

RamboPreacher
12-10-2004, 11:02 AM
yea, yea, if this, if that, and if another...

I have had pump mags in the past. I guess there is no "pump-kit" available as a whole, then. :)

Muzikman
12-10-2004, 12:03 PM
RP, I am slightly lost with that post...

RamboPreacher
12-10-2004, 12:27 PM
sorry... I have been reading here and on other threads that if you do this modification and if you do that modification, then maybe you can get your tac-1 to be a pumper. I understand all that, its a "mag" after all. :D

my point was that there is no place or person that offers a kit or single point of refernce for making a tac-1 a pumper (that I am aware of). I don't wnat to have to piece somethign together like I had to do with my other pumper mags.

I want to, for example, buy a tac-1 pump, or be able to have all teh parts necessary for a regular tac-1 with a pump-kit option that I can install later.

I have 2 pump rods in my parts drawer from teh last bunch of hassles I went throgh from various places getting all the parts neccesary to make a pump mag; i'd really rather not have to go through that again.

If I can just, for example, go to Tunaman's website and order a tac-1 and select the box for an optional Pump-kit. or select the pump-version (only) of the tac-1. then select check out and pay via paypal or CC and get my tac-1 with pump kint or the pump-tac-1 in teh mail the next week.

Muzikman
12-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Gotcha. In other words, you want someone to remake a full kit:)

I don't see the Tac-one having an off the shelf kit for it as it has to be milled. But I too would like someone to remake the kit. After all, there is not much too it.

That being said, I am sure any of the custom shops can do the correct milling. All it is, is a slot in the rail and a larger sear hole in the body. So talk to Brad, Doc, punisher, or maybe even WhiteWolf. But, you already knew all this...it was more to get a little more indepth for the others:)