PDA

View Full Version : evoltion 2 or revi tripod?

mag88888
12-09-2004, 07:39 PM
ok i only want info on these loaders! no recomendations! what are there strengths and weaknesses. i want to know about loudness, speed rate, profile, capacity,(i would like a lower capacity), reliaility, size(evo 2 looked huge on a gun i saw, true?), modification, and any other crap that you guys have info on.

MisterBones25
12-09-2004, 08:42 PM
the tri pod is absicly just a 12 revy. if you want speed go with an egg, it will be faster. i know you dont want recamendations, but a halo tsa is smaller than an egg and iv heard they are just as fast, they are also less expensive.

mag88888
12-09-2004, 09:44 PM
actually one of my other options was the halo tsa. ill think about it. thannks man. reviews can keep coming on the egg, tripod, and halo tsa.

Bear_Claw
12-09-2004, 10:58 PM
I Used to have a Halo TSA Backman on my RT'd Tiippmann 98c and it performed great and ALWAYS had a ball in the gun waiting even when i sweet spotted the RT. It had its down falss though as all things do. It was IMO TOO big but mine was a BackMan 220rnd capacity. Also mine was Clear and ALWAYS seemed dirty no matter how well you cleaned it. It was also very heavy and the Halo stikers on mine fell off after tw games with it (Probly cause i tried cleaning it soo mutch). Also because it activates on every shot it was loud and the motor spun ALOT slower than that of my current revie so it could be heard still going after the shot.

IT was a great hopper none the less and for the price is one of the best agitators on the market but i still prefer my revie for its light weight quiet small profiel Even if its a tad slower.

Destructo6
12-09-2004, 11:06 PM
t was also very heavy and the Halo stikers on mine fell off after tw games with it (Probly cause i tried cleaning it soo mutch)
It wasn't you. My nefew's HALO jewels fell off of his TSA after just test firing it. The curved surface doesn't seem to allow good adhesion. The feedneck chipped after a few days worth of play, but to Odyssey's credit, they replaced the shells under warranty (gone for a couple weeks).

If you need speed above 10bps, you should get the EvlutionII. It's not the fastest thing on the block, but it is faster than the Revolution's gravity feed and they can be had for a reasonable amount, if you patiently look. The Evlution does look sort of odd and doesn't seem to compliment the asthetics of many paintguns, but I think I've finally found its place in my collection (on top of the polished no-rise center feed).

teufelhunden
12-09-2004, 11:07 PM
The Evo is the fastest hopper you listed, it's the only one that isn't an aggy.

The Tripod is the most flexible, because it can do 140/200/300 rounds.

TSA is the biggest ripoff, because they sell the tilt sound activation thing as something awesome, which it.. just isn't.

MonsterMag
12-09-2004, 11:08 PM
eggy or if you can aford it get a halo :dance:

WenULiVeUdiE
12-09-2004, 11:13 PM
TSA is the biggest ripoff, because they sell the tilt sound activation thing as something awesome, which it.. just isn't.

It's not awesome. Sometimes when I'm bored I'll tilt it and make sure it works, but not all that great. I have never noticed a distinct advantage with the tilt activation. but it was cheap (35), so what do I care.

teufelhunden
12-09-2004, 11:26 PM
Yes, I said it isn't. It's a gimmick that does nothing of importance.

mag88888
12-10-2004, 04:33 PM
i thnk ill go with the egg 2. i think im gonna buy it on the forums so itll be cheaper, i think i am. how light is the egg, profile, capacity!?

mag88888
12-10-2004, 05:31 PM
i decided to go into more detail about the profile i want. i want the hopper to be about 5 inches or less for the height from the top of my feedneck to the top of the hopper. the hopper can be up to about 3 inches wide. is should be low and compact, as close to my gun as popssible. i would want to have about a 150 ball capacity. and since im going for profile more than speed(15 bps is fine for me)i think im gonna get the tripod that goes 15 bps and can be changed for ball capacity. you can use different hoppers. tell me more abou the revi tripod and the egg 2. what are they're dimensions. pics would be cool too. thanks.

JoshK
12-10-2004, 05:40 PM
or you could go for a Q-Loader...they speed, adjustability (were you can mount it), profile, and the lower amount of balls you want.

But sadly...quite more than any of the loaders youve mentioned.

mag88888
12-10-2004, 05:45 PM
But sadly...quite more than any of the loaders youve mentioned. originally said by paintball newbie. EXACTLY why i dont want to buy a q loader. 130 bucks is a large amount for something like that and even if i bought it on the forum, 80 is still too much. but keep coming with the revi tripod and evo 2. thanks.

Destructo6
12-10-2004, 06:02 PM
i think im gonna get the tripod that goes 15 bps and can be changed for ball capacity
The tripod isn't going to feed at 15bps. It, being based on the Revolution, shouldn't feed any faster, so figure 11bps. Or less.

Check out Warpig's articles on the various loaders.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/lineup/index.shtml

mag88888
12-10-2004, 07:20 PM
then why would www.viewloader.com say that the tripod gos 15 bps?

WenULiVeUdiE
12-10-2004, 07:51 PM
then why would www.viewloader.com say that the tripod gos 15 bps?
Hype. So people like you believe what they say, which equates into more sales.

Little_Ho
12-10-2004, 09:00 PM
Hi there,

just found this check it out all of you.......HEHE

it is HaloB 24Hour Special offer (http://www.doropaintball.com/AB1038101EQuick/shopexd.asp?id=5465)

Little_Ho

mag88888
12-10-2004, 09:29 PM
does anyone have proof that the tripod will not shoot at 15 bps?

trains are bad
12-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Neither the tripod nor the revvy nor the reloader will feed a ball over 11bps consisently. I have tested them.

For an agitating loader, I'd get a richochet. Nice profile and very light. An AK weighs less with batteries than a revvy does with no batteries.

AGDlover
12-10-2004, 11:49 PM
i have bolth Eggy and Tri-pod and the one thing that pissed me off about the tripod was that it wouldnt fit my warp so stick with a halo b or egg

xXHavokXx
12-11-2004, 04:53 AM
does anyone have proof that the tripod will not shoot at 15 bps?

It's a piece o crap based on a revvy and the biddger size you use the slower it gets. For the money go with the evo2. It's faster, not stupid looking and upgradable to 20ish with the zboard.

The reason they say it will do 15 is because thats how marketing hype is. Tippmann claims the A5 is the fastet gun on the market and we all know mags, vikes and Angels readily refute that claim in a seconds notice ( tippmann claims the A5 is rated to 800 cycles per minute, 13.66 cps....which is horrible, whoever wrote that should be shot)

RtDaNiMaL
12-11-2004, 03:42 PM
go with the eggy. it is so much faster better, and more useful than the revvy line ups. also it can keep up with almost all guns when u put in the z board.
the olny con is that the battery dor is hard to shut.

dan
p.s. if you think it is a big (wide) hopper, learn to shhot ur gun so that ur hopper doesnt stick out as much. (meant in a way to help not to be mean.

DaNiMaL

RtDaNiMaL
12-11-2004, 03:45 PM
Tippmann claims the A5 is the fastet gun on the market and we all know mags, vikes and Angels readily refute that claim in a seconds notice ( tippmann claims the A5 is rated to 800 cycles per minute, 13.66 cps....which is horrible, whoever wrote that should be shot)

but the thing is u see how many newbs have that gun, they like the big #'s and it is actually a good marketing idea to the untrained eye

Dan