PDA

View Full Version : PSP caps at 15bps

Industry*77
12-09-2004, 11:28 PM
PSP is capping at 15bps no bounce, f/a or ramping in 2005.

what do you guys think of this? i think revvys are sweet.

Muzikman
12-09-2004, 11:40 PM
If this is true, I think it will be great for the event, but not so good for Draxxus.

Industry*77
12-09-2004, 11:42 PM
i think it would be good, becuase people will have to start concentrating on their skill, not hoe fast they can shoot their guns.

SpecialBlend2786
12-10-2004, 12:30 AM
nice.

gc82000
12-10-2004, 12:38 AM
yeah but 15 bps is stil fast. and with the constant rain of some pros they can still use a case a game.

But it is pretty good though.

NewMagMan21
12-10-2004, 12:43 AM
If this is true, I think it will be great for the event, but not so good for Draxxus.

LOL nice :rofl:

No but really it will take those crazed gun slingin idiots down a notch to where they have to shapren skillz not there fingers
(no offense to any crazed gun slingin idiots who have skillz) ;)

nastymag
12-10-2004, 12:55 AM
the first good thing to come from the PSP all year ....

this is a step in the right direction.

Blazestorm
12-10-2004, 02:10 AM
Looks certain players will be looking for 6.5.5 packs and 114/4500 tanks soon :eek:

I barely shoot a hopper and a pod... and that's usually railing 15-16bps

White_Noise
12-10-2004, 02:37 AM
check this out from the other thread on this....

http://www.automags.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1716113&postcount=26

Enemy
12-10-2004, 03:28 AM
What is this!!!! im not for this ruling at all! i have the ability to keep up even with the ramped boards out there with no cheats and the skills to kill all of them as well.. this ruling is taking away from the players abilities. i wasnt in favor of the 15 bps cap that nxl started and in no way am i in favor of this one either.. i am still for the nppls tireless efforts to find and ban cheater boards and bouncing guns but bps caps is not the way to go.. concentration needs to be taking from limiting the bps to controlling cheater boards!!

Industry*77
12-10-2004, 06:39 AM
Looks certain players will be looking for 6.5.5 packs and 114/4500 tanks soon :eek:

I barely shoot a hopper and a pod... and that's usually railing 15-16bps

i only shoot on average 2 pods and a hopper a game shooting 19-21bps (i need to turn down my bounce) but i play mid/front, our back players are the paint slingers.

warbeak2099
12-10-2004, 06:54 AM
What if someone is using say a HAir mag? It most likely will not be seen being used by a PSP or NXL player, but hey no cap!

FreakBaller12
12-10-2004, 07:01 AM
waits patiently to see what NPPL is going to do.
Will they be rebels and have a 16! cap :ninja:

osustevie
12-10-2004, 07:22 AM
Im so glad to see this rule. Im afraid that someone is going to get hurt bad by another player shooting 30bps. I feel 15bps is plenty fast enough. This will also help strengthen players skills. JMHO :cheers:

Jackel411
12-10-2004, 10:41 AM
WOOOOHO!

Finnaly I think I can return to tourney play PSP finally came too... 15 BPS is ideal IMHO.

* Puts down frenzy boarded bushy , picks up classic mag and ST Cocker :) *

FragTek
12-10-2004, 11:07 AM
This is great... IMO this league should have a ROF cap, and 15 is a good one.

As long as one league stays uncapped, i'm happy :) I can't deny that it's intense watching teams rollin' 20+ bps on the field :D

Wc Keep
12-10-2004, 11:31 AM
this rule is good, psp made a good decision here.

enemy its not so easy to catch cheater boards. that means you hvae to open every gun at the event to make sure non of them have an advantage pb board. once you do that you have to make sure that when they go to the robot that they dont touch any buttons on the way there, ie ollie lang style.

madmolly
12-10-2004, 11:32 AM
This is the dumbest thing I have seen. I know 80% of paintballers out there think they can shoot 18 BPS or more. YOU CAN"t Not without cheating. So now we are going to limit the BPS but not regulate how they get there. WOW that makes sense. If any of you out there think 15 BPS is slow you need to be smacked. That is raining paint. 15 BPS = 900 rounds a minute. Do the math without reloading time that is still going to have people shooting more paint becuase the majority of people now in the tourney scene do not shoot over 12 BPS at the most if they don't have the bounce up. This is great for paint manufacturers.

NewMagMan21
12-10-2004, 11:41 AM
once you do that you have to make sure that when they go to the robot that they dont touch any buttons on the way there, ie ollie lang style.

What do you mean ollie lang style??? :confused:
What happened I haven't been keepin up with pro paintball lately

madmolly
12-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Ok I take some back I see the no bounce thing. But if they can't regulate bouncing markers now how are they going to do it in the future? Still dumb rule. Start cracking down on cheaters then we don't have to buy new boards for our markers. I can set my DM4 to 15 BPS on the marker but is that going to pass a robot? Not sure.

trains are bad
12-10-2004, 11:54 AM
I know 80% of paintballers out there think they can shoot 18 BPS or more. YOU CAN"t Not without cheating. So now we are going to limit the BPS but not regulate how they get there. WOW that makes sense. If any of you out there think 15 BPS is slow you need to be smacked. That is raining paint. 15 BPS = 900 rounds a minute. Do the math without reloading time that is still going to have people shooting more paint becuase the majority of people now in the tourney scene do not shoot over 12 BPS at the most if they don't have the bounce up

This is soo true. People in this thread talk like this is going to slow people down. I laugh. 15bps is completely ripping. There was even a guy talking like he can now be able to compete with his mech cocker. I don't think so. Maybe a 10bps cap would be slowing players down.

I still support it though, because cheater boards are unenforceable.

Maybe one day we will finally see paint limiting.

madmolly
12-10-2004, 02:15 PM
If anyone has a tippmann E-grip. Put that on FUll auto. That is capped at 15 BPS at the fastest setting. That is hauling butt. And don't flame me becuase I have a tippmann Egrip they rock. I love mine for rec ball. I also have two DM5s and a DM4 for tourneys just to be cool.

Wc Keep
12-10-2004, 02:25 PM
What do you mean ollie lang style??? :confused:
What happened I haven't been keepin up with pro paintball lately

at the last nppl event ollie lang was suspected of cheating with his gun so on the way to the robot he pressed a button on his shocker to go back to semi.

Brophog
12-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Watch yesterday's NXL match.....limiting it to 15 has really killed paint sales! (heavy sarcasm).

This is a good thing, and has been predicted for a long time coming. It will not change the game at all, but gives us the protection of self regulation.

Good Move!

Industry*77
12-11-2004, 12:31 AM
I also have two DM5s and a DM4 for tourneys just to be cool.

wow your so agg can i have your autograph?? :rolleyes: ;) jfwy

ilikePB
12-11-2004, 08:07 PM
That's just great. So are they are going to buy everyone new boards to comply with it? My Cyborg does not have anything to adjust the r.o.f. and there are no drop in aftermarket boards, meaning I have to drop like $250+ to get Pred 2 or something of the like installed. Totally ghey imo. Not that 15bps is slow or anything, but because there are guns out there that the stock board does not have r.o.f. adjustmetns so they all have to buy new boards to cap it at 15 to play.

White_Noise
12-11-2004, 08:30 PM
check this out from the other thread on this....

http://www.automags.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1716113&postcount=26

again people....check out that link.....there is no 15bps cap

VFX_Fenix
12-11-2004, 08:42 PM
And I still remember once uppon a time when the industry said they'd never produce a board capable of more than 13 bps... Ramping, Bouncing, cheating in general will continue to be a problem, but if there's a bps cap, hey, at least once everyone's rolling, it'll be a level playing field :D

Serries Specific Boards (i.e. Vapor Works NXL) would be the ideal method of getting around all of the hullababaloo surrounding cheating through PCB's. So long as the software is free and the PCB's can be made by the manufacture's of the guns, it's a perfectly legitimate way of ensuring fair play from the equipment. The NHL has limits on how much curve the blade of a stick can have, the MLB has rules reguarding bats, the PGA has a whole lot of rules reguarding equipment, as does the ABC. These regulations are in place to ensure that no individual's equiment provides an "unfair" advantage (i.e. corked bats, overly biased bowling balls, assisting devices for golf).

However, because of the very nature of the equipment we use it's virtually impossible to stop all forms of PCB cheating. Trigger codes, rebooting, buttons, etc. are all means to access these cheating functions, and if the user is careful, their cheating will go completely un-noticed and be impossible to detect or unlock by anyone who doesn't know what they're looking for.

warbeak2099
12-11-2004, 10:22 PM
But what about the HAir question???

awd
12-11-2004, 10:26 PM
Ya this is sort of pissing me off. I can shoot 15-16 consistantly and have only been trying to twalk a trigger for about 7months. In other words I don't plan on staying at 15-16bps without ramp or bounce.

nastymag
12-11-2004, 10:49 PM
the answer to the people is, use a Egg or revy. both of those wont feed past that. wont matter what your guns board does.

ilikePB
12-12-2004, 12:02 PM
Not really because an Egg can feed a little above 15 and a Revvy can't feed quite that. So using a Revvy would put you at a slight disadvantage.

tony3
12-12-2004, 01:25 PM
I think most people would use revvys or halos. Why use an egg when you could use a halo that will feed more consistent and be more balanced?

madmolly
12-13-2004, 08:33 AM
I meant that sarcastically. Go back to pbnation where saying agg is allowed. And remember when you use agg in a sentence you are 2/3 of the way to gay. If you need more explanation slap yourself.

tony3
12-13-2004, 04:59 PM
Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg Agg

NewMagMan21
12-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Whats agg mean ???

DiRTyBuNNy
12-13-2004, 07:45 PM
at the last nppl event ollie lang was suspected of cheating with his gun so on the way to the robot he pressed a button on his shocker to go back to semi.

you're close but not quite right on your explanation. I was there so let me shed some light on it. If a Ref asks for your gun and you do anything but hand it to him, i.e. turn it off, touch a button, anything, you get a zero for that match, even if you won and the other team gets an average score (not a free 100). Ollie was asked for his gun and instead of the handing it to the Ref he turned it off therefore Dynasty got a zero for that game...as for Ollie Lang he's hardly the first person hurt by this rule. Rich Telford did the same thing in Tampa so he's no saint either...go back and look at all the zero's in the NPPL towards the later end of the series and see how many peple got caught for this...

tony3
12-13-2004, 08:13 PM
I'd take a 0 rather then getting kicked out of a tourney, but thats just me ;)

DiRTyBuNNy
12-13-2004, 08:15 PM
I'd take a 0 rather then getting kicked out of a tourney, but thats just me ;)

exactly the reason why they did it...