PDA

View Full Version : damn... now what? .. got suck'erd on ebay

joker4hire
11-06-2001, 09:26 PM
Hello guys,

Just wondering what you guys think about this....

I won an auction at ebay at

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1021862708&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1004310883&indexURL=0&rd=1

and when I won I thought to myself "saved myself about 100 dollars" (compared to net prices)

Now, when I got the Emag, it just came with a bear gun and barrel... no charger!, no manual, no nothing.... and it had well over 600 shots fired through it, and the minor (deep scratchs) blemishes were not just infront of the feed, but all over the whole front of the chrome body!... So, where can I pick up my missing parts?.. and how much do you guys think this is going to cost me?... Thanks for any advise,

Joker4hire

Ball Buster
11-06-2001, 09:30 PM
I would say call them in the morning and see what they can do..

Load SM5
11-06-2001, 09:40 PM
Yes, call AGD and register the gun.You'll get the instructions and video free. The charger should'nt be too bad, if anything. You may be able to polish the body up a bit to get some of the scratches out. 600 shots is'nt bad. The gun is'nt really even broken in yet.

However the guy did'nt deliver as promised so do a report on E-bay.

Cobrachs
11-06-2001, 10:48 PM
I have three things for sale on E-bay right now and my advice is to leave the appropriate feedback. I read sellers feedback before I buy and it is important. If you feel the sale was misleading and untruthful about the shot counter say so, or you may be able to resolve something with the seller if you threaten negative feedback.

Chaos
11-07-2001, 12:02 AM
put in some lovely negative feedback, if its that big of a deal then you could fight and get ur money back. As for the body, remember it is stainless steel, so you can polish it.

As for the charger, you're probably looking at $50 or so, not too sure on what AGD charges for them, but call and register your gun and order one (or email the guy and see if he will send u the one with the gun). The manual wasn't given with many guns, when u register tho u can get the manual and video for free so its not biggy (go tom's hands!).

Oh and 600 shots, thats not much at all, not even half a case of paint, you'll put more than that on just playing with it at ur house cause its a new toy :)

Still, the item was misleading, so go for some negative feedback, and hurt his ebay rep :)

bornl33t
11-07-2001, 03:04 AM
You could write E-bay about it and see if he ever auctions again...but it doesn't say anything about the charger etc.

Also... check the serial # with AGD to see if it's stolleN!?!?! NO charger and accessories? I've never heard of that...
But I'd bet money on it that it's been stollen or something of the sort....

emanjamin
11-07-2001, 05:17 AM
I buy and sell on Ebay a lot and after looking at the auction page, there are a number of things that you can do.
1. Leave some wonderfully creative feedback
2. Report to Ebay's Safe Harbor and you MAY be able to get your money back while keeping the E-mag.
3. Report to Ebay's Safe Harbor and you probably could get a refund by trading the gun in.
4. Report to Ebay about the seller misrepresenting items that he sells on Ebay, (This will get him a warning, after 3 warnings your account will be suspended indefinately! Who knows how many this guy has already, this one could be the third!).
5. E-mail or Call him and tell him that you want the charger that is supposed to come with it.

Because he didn't tell you that there wasn't a charger won't mean anything though, if he doesn't mention it, he is not required by contract to sell it to you.
As for the 15 to 600 shot counter, the major blemishes that is what you report to Safe Harbor.

You should definately call AGD and report the # and find out about a charger, and get your instructions and video.
AGD may be able to help you but I don't know what they can do, I will leave that up to them.

If you have any questions, drop me a line, I use AOL IM and MSN IM check it out in my profile.

I hope that this helps.

FaSSt
11-07-2001, 10:28 AM
1. Don't sweat the manual - you can get it by dowloading the .pdf file from airgun.com. The stock "manual" was just a bunch of pages printed out and stapled together, so it has no collector's value. It is fairly useful, so do download it.

2. 500 shots are nothing on the gun. Don't worry about it.

3. Contact the guy about the charger and the extent of the blemishes. You can get his phone number by using this Ebay form:
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MemberSearchShow

4. Definitely register your gun w/AGD.

Geezer
11-07-2001, 11:06 AM
You can remove most of the surface scratches and abrasions from the body (its stainless not chrome) using an 8-inch buffing wheel and some "white" buffing compound. As hard as stainless steel is, the mirror finish is easily marred. Even plastic elbows will scuff the feed neck. I buff mine out every couple of months to keep it looking brand new.

The E-bay listing said "Brand New". I wonder why the box and complete contents didn't come with it. Be careful when bidding on any item. We all have a tendency to read something into the ads. One warning flag is the use of "As Is" in the listing. To me "As Is" indicates a problem with the equipment and you assume all the risk.

TheTramp
11-07-2001, 11:15 AM
While it isn't right that you didn't get what you thought you had bought, it's not all bad. Look at it this way: You'll put 600 more shots on the gun just messing around with no paint, the body will clean right up with a little polishing, you can get the missing stuff from AGD for very little cost, and the most important thing....YOU GOT AN E-MAG FOR $600!! That's a great deal.

I'd try to get the charger out of the guy before you post negative feedback. It's best not to get into a negative feedback war unless you really have to. Good luck with it and enjoy your "new" E-Mag.

Webmaster
11-07-2001, 12:04 PM
Call AGD - you will get a manual and video for free - and I bet they will make you a good deal on a charger...

vtec
11-07-2001, 12:58 PM
with all this talk about needing to register and that i just bought an emag, is there a place on the web to do this or do i have to fill out the card or call?

cphilip
11-07-2001, 01:06 PM
I think he will get you the charger. I would have tried that first. $760 is a good deal. You need to try and resolve this with him first.

joker4hire
11-07-2001, 01:31 PM
Well... I am trying to work things out with him before I go the negitive feed back route... but so far, he is saying "too bad" you get everything in the picture (which was just the emag)... so I think I maybe a$$ed out...

and as for the price, it was 760, not 600 (just to make things clear) and I had to pay for damn shipping and insurance.

thanks for all the input guys (and gals?) I really appreciate it... this is one nice web community :-)

but is 760 really a good deal for a used (slightly i guess) emag with out "out of box" accessories when I could of had gotten one new for 850? (www.paintballwatch.com)... I thought I was getting a "Brand New Emag" as stated in his auction. I'll try the Safe Harbor stuff, never heard of it, but I'll check it out... and once again, thanks for the advice.

Joker4hire

cphilip
11-07-2001, 01:47 PM
Remind him that all Emags come with the car charger. So if he had this "left over from over stock" as he says it would imply the charger is with it. And his MSRP would indicate he is compairing it to a new one. Which would come with a car charger. My guess is its realy a demo/display unit and they lost the box and charger

The shot count is not unusual. Mine came sealed in the box with like 500 on it. The guys in the back like to play with them before they box em up and ship em out to make sure they are working.

Even if the charger is not there then less than $800 is a good deal. A used one might be that much. And this one is barely used. If it has not been registered at all then you might talk AGD into a charger. Be real nice to them and see. Call em. Ask. The worst they can do is say no.

cphilip
11-07-2001, 02:00 PM
He he he...I sent this to him for you. Lets see if he bites:

Hi!I am cphilip, one of the Moderators from Automags Online. This is the Air Gun Designs owned online community (www.automags.org).

I am speaking on behalf of one of our online members. He just purchased a EMag from you at auction. His ebay handle is joker4hire. This is how the auction was described: "BRAND NEW AIRGUN DESIGNS EMAG L@@K Item # 1021862708. He seems to be having trouble getting you to send him the charger for it. A car charger is a part of all new Emags as a package and should be included with all Emags sold. So since you advertised this as a new Emag from overstock you should have the charger that you can send him. Can you please see your way to remedy this problem for him? It realy should have been specific that it was missing that part don't you think? I sure do.

Thanks in advance

Phil (aka cphilip of AO)

~WarpedRT~
11-07-2001, 02:51 PM
Well, like someone else said, he didn't list it, so he doesnt have to send it to you. As for the 600 shots fired from it, you can get someone to hack the board, so every time you take off the battery pack, it will reset the numbers at 0, but I don't know what AGD would say about that. I have a "friend" who hacked his board, and now every time he takes off his battery pack, or something, it resets his shots. Yeah, the blemishes will come right off, and from now on, look for people who have good feedback before buying from them, and look at the bad lighting in that picture. he probably didn't want you to see the blemishes before you got it.

joker4hire
11-07-2001, 04:03 PM
Thanks cphilip that was very kind of you. Hopefully that will work :)

thecavemankevin
11-07-2001, 06:05 PM
if you paid via pay pal then you should also contact them too. Leave neg. feedback to warn others from getting screwed too.

Good luck getting even.

joker4hire
11-10-2001, 01:07 AM
Took y'alls advise, and called AGD tech support. Jon answered and I told him my situation, WITH NO QUESTIONS ASKED he said "I have everything you need in the mail and on its way to your house!"

Pretty cool 'eh?

Thanks Jon, and Thanks AGD

long time fatefull customer since 1992 (when mags couldn't stay on the shelves for more than 1 week before someone purchased it)

Joker4hire