PDA

View Full Version : My team's site.

JoshK
12-10-2004, 09:44 PM
http://teamshift.xtreem-paintball.com

Well here it is...its not too new...but i have some stuff that i plan on doing...also we are trying to think of a new name...we should be playing our first tournies next spring at the siege :)

Any ideas for a team name? Ya...we have a sponsor. Ya... Redz don't care who they give sponsorships to. (obviously if you sponsor us :D )

Also please vote...if you think something could be better on the site tell me, and i might change it :) ...well i know, we need pics...and im going to be doing the same thing i did for me (captain) for everyone else.

And since then the players have been changed alittle.

1977FordBronco
12-10-2004, 09:53 PM
The site looks cool, you might want to make the top menu contrast more with the red links or vice versa.

JoshK
12-10-2004, 09:53 PM
ok cool

DiSoRdeR
12-10-2004, 09:58 PM
The menu should be in that white strip, and you might want to make the music loop. Should indent on the Home page, pictures would be good a good idea. Overall its a pretty good site, just needs a few things.

t33kyboy
12-10-2004, 10:01 PM
oh you look so cute! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/t33kyboy/_headpat__by_adamguest1985.gif

atm743
12-10-2004, 10:04 PM
nice. really nice site. jest get some pics of your team togeather!! !! abd change the color to a brighter color so it wakes someone up. !! soo they look like this :eek: :rofl:

JoshK
12-10-2004, 10:19 PM
thanks...and arnt i so cute? i get it from the girls all the time :rolleyes: ....actually this one time.... :p

The Action Figure
12-10-2004, 10:23 PM
more pics

68magOwner
12-10-2004, 11:02 PM
ehat do you get from redz?

Z-man
12-10-2004, 11:07 PM
I like images! More images=more interest to me. Pull out some icy hot stunnaz type homepage picture ;). Good choice for the layout though, simple effective and looks good. Time to fill in the content now.

JoshK
12-10-2004, 11:17 PM
yea...i had this as the front page before i moved it to the new server...should i put this as the the link to enter the site?

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/14000/main_8125_rs.jpg

I did it a long time ago...but i still like it...when i can, im going to change the pictures to pictures of my team mates.

EDIT: I posted the OLD OLD one that had horrible photoshop lines...

magmanl337
12-11-2004, 12:35 AM
How did u get sponsored by Redz? Did you enter/win any tournies? Or did you email them? And did u send a resume?

personman
12-11-2004, 01:10 AM
I say lose the music, but thats me. I noticed you cant navigate until the song is fully loaded.. atleast thats how it was for me. It seems to just be a loop anyway.. no real musical content..
Other than that, its fine. You might want to spice it up a little but I think its fine how it is.

InexactMelissa
12-11-2004, 01:20 AM
How did u get sponsored by Redz? Did you enter/win any tournies? Or did you email them? And did u send a resume?
Haven't you heard? Redz sponsorship is not really a goal at this point. Of course, I shouldn't talk because I haven't signed up for mine yet.

However, in regards to the website...

1. loose the music. Music is fine if people opt IN to play it, not opt OUT of playing it.
2. Your graphics looks nice from what I can see, but use that artistic ability in a layout fashion to do:
3. Pretend that you have never seen your site and you vist there and want to navigate. Can you see the links? Can you tell where they will lead you?
4. Combine your artistic talents demonstrated in #2 above with the experience you gained from walking through your site as number 3 above, and then think of your navigation layout in both terms at once.

hope this helps.

slade
12-11-2004, 10:03 AM
oh you look so cute! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/t33kyboy/_headpat__by_adamguest1985.gif
:rofl: that is hilarious!!

as for the site, it looks pretty good but id suggest adding a picture for every player and a few team pictues. And why isnt AO listed under links? The only other thing i can add is to go play in some tourneys ;) .

JoshK
12-11-2004, 11:18 AM
emagballa560: youres is cool

magmanl337: ya...redz (as i mentioned in my first post) are a breeze to get a sponsorship from

InexactMelissa: Thank you for all the nice , and helpful comments...they all make sence...ive just never realized that it taakes long (roadrunner :))...and Ill ask my brother for help on how to make it not loaded, and make it so they can press play, then it will load. and start playing.

slade: ooops...forgot :p , ya, and also in the first post, i said im gonna do the same thing i did for me, for everyone.

emagballa560: if you noticed everyones ages...thats one of the reasons for the guns. and one of my front players has a electro pirana, and one back has one also...so we are starting to move up to the big leagues :p ...and im getting that hyperframed mag :clap: :clap: !!! so ill oficially be a magger...for the first time, and im the mid-man...so i have versatility with my gun...

Thank you all for all the good comments! I plan to start updating today!

dj89
01-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Thats a nice site, need some work....... some time well will need to play together.

Kallahan
01-13-2005, 08:21 PM
Kill the embedded music, put the navi links in the white bar in the picture. I like its simplicity.

AUTOGUNNER69
01-13-2005, 08:22 PM
wow that is one of the tallest cockers ive ever seen . :wow: but yea its alright keep working on it.

B.A.M.
01-13-2005, 09:34 PM
once 2nd semester starts im taking webdesing but how did you get a reds sponsorship, and what do they give you cuz just looking at there application they show the Nepl which is a tourney i play at

JoshK
01-13-2005, 09:55 PM
Thats a nice site, need some work....... some time well will need to play together.

Well...i dont see how that could happen :) ...but ya...i dont have that cocker anymore...i have a mag now! :clap: ...but i havnt updated anything...and for the redz sponsorship they will probly give you more since you are in a better league and everything.

dj89
01-13-2005, 10:01 PM
http://img126.exs.cx/img126/8256/mqmapgend6bz.gif
In ohio or some thing......

JoshK
01-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Kill the embedded music, put the navi links in the white bar in the picture. I like its simplicity.

They dont show up in the white bar for you? Well im going to make it so it has a entrance page, where you can select high speed internet(music), or low speed(no music)...and what browser (mozilla, netscape, ect.) or windows explorer.

JoshK
01-13-2005, 10:03 PM
www.VERY LONG URL THAT DOESNT WORK.com

In ohio or some thing......

Ummmm?...ok...thanks for bringing up a ancient post allso ;)

dj89
01-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Ummmm?...ok...thanks for bringing up a ancient post allso ;)
Works for me

mark_1791
01-13-2005, 10:15 PM
wow! yall are all the same age as me! yay!
So if i lived in wisconsin...and (seeing as you play with your church) if i was a little more religious* then i could be on your team!

*more realistically, a whole LOT more religious... :rofl:

Oh! speaking of first mags...I got my VERY FIRST MAG EVER on wednesday!
first impression: DUDE! THE THING IS TINY!!!!
2nd: ooooh....light!
3rd: pretty...
4th: dont have 1 yet, cuz i havent played with it yet :cry:

JoshK
01-13-2005, 10:56 PM
wow! yall are all the same age as me! yay!
So if i lived in wisconsin...and (seeing as you play with your church) if i was a little more religious* then i could be on your team!

*more realistically, a whole LOT more religious... :rofl:

Oh! speaking of first mags...I got my VERY FIRST MAG EVER on wednesday!
first impression: DUDE! THE THING IS TINY!!!!
2nd: ooooh....light!
3rd: pretty...
4th: dont have 1 yet, cuz i havent played with it yet :cry:

Well really only a few of my teammates are what you call "religious"...but ya...i felt the same way about mine...but my fourth was "what can i do to make it better" :)

Lord_Whoopass
01-14-2005, 01:31 PM
you should post up on Wisconsin Paintball Teams forum... http://wispage.com/paintball/index.php
and check out the webpage: www.wisconsinpaintballteams.com
:D

OmniM
01-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Im sorry, but what is it with all US teams AND bs music on thier sites?

Skip it, its plain annoying, beside that... it looks good...

GA Devil
01-14-2005, 01:41 PM
i say lose the music. take a bit too long to dl even on a fast connection. the links need to be more visible, hard to read them at first. Other then that its a nice site.

JoshK
01-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Thanks for insulting my brother and calling his music "bs". Take that and cram it. A nice little "why do all us teams have music on their site?" would have been fine. Ya...i will update it...but im not sure when ill have time...right now im at school.

OmniM
01-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Thanks for insulting my brother and calling his music "bs". Take that and cram it. A nice little "why do all us teams have music on their site?" would have been fine. Ya...i will update it...but im not sure when ill have time...right now im at school.

um.. arent we lil touchy... that is not what I ment ... and we cant all have the same taste of music, but I would have said the same thing if it was my fav on there. The main thing its that it wont do... been visiting many site where I almost **** my pants bcoz sounds on em is at 100% and Im not prepared for it...

So.... sorry for insulting ya bro... Im making music too so dont say it like that, not all like our music...

JoshK
01-14-2005, 02:45 PM
um.. arent we lil touchy... that is not what I ment ... and we cant all have the same taste of music, but I would have said the same thing if it was my fav on there. The main thing its that it wont do... been visiting many site where I almost **** my pants bcoz sounds on em is at 100% and Im not prepared for it...

So.... sorry for insulting ya bro... Im making music too so dont say it like that, not all like our music...

Oh dude...sorry...i was just mad (i know you can understand)...but when I get a chance im making some variations of my site for different people so they can decide what they want. And since the banner at the top stays the same...all i have to do is edit that, and make a intro page that lets you select what you want.

Pick one to enter:
High Bandwith(music)-
*Mozilla (netscaper, ect.) *Internet Explorer

Low Bandwith(no music)-

OmniM
01-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Oh dude...sorry...i was just mad (i know you can understand)...but when I get a chance im making some variations of my site for different people so they can decide what they want. And since the banner at the top stays the same...all i have to do is edit that, and make a intro page that lets you select what you want.

Pick one to enter:
High Bandwith(music)-

Low Bandwith(no music)-

Just one Q for you?... why music at all?

JoshK
01-14-2005, 02:51 PM
I dont know...im just gonna put my bros site in the links page...gg

quik
01-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Okay, time to play the mean guy. I'll try to break it to you as nice as I can though.

Your site is not good at all. It looks so plain that its not even worth looking at. Get some decent graphic design skills please, then update the site with it. Implement tables and maybe some DHTML and nice drop down menu's, or something. The music HAS to go. If there is something I have learned from making websites, It is that no website should have music at all, unless very ambient, and even if you do have music, please make it so I can shut it off at least. Guestbooks are also a horrible idea.

Your young, so I'll say its quite the good start, but nothing amazing whatsoever.

JoshK
01-14-2005, 04:56 PM
Thanks for giving me a break cause im young :)

OmniM
01-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Thanks for giving me a break cause im young :)

this is very ambiente to have on a site www.pixelranger.com ... and music beside this should be forbidden.

Now... you are young you say... then absorb all we say and learn, dont go defensive.

JoshK
01-14-2005, 05:08 PM
But yah im only 14.

Im not any younger than you man.

OmniM
01-14-2005, 05:12 PM
But yah im only 14.

Im not any younger than you man.

Who?

JoshK
01-14-2005, 05:23 PM
You...that was a quote of what you said in the X-Mag apparel thread.

OmniM
01-14-2005, 05:29 PM
You...that was a quote of what you said in the X-Mag apparel thread.

um.. get ya facts straight before you qoute someone...

JoshK
01-14-2005, 07:59 PM
oooopsss...sorry dude. That was echo...i was kinda tired after school...i dont think i was thinking clearly...again, my mistake.

stop whining buy a mag
01-14-2005, 09:27 PM
Not a bad site. I don't mind the music. I'm more into Slipknot, Stone Sour, Marilyn Manson stuff, but the music seemed to suit the site well. Like someone else suggested I'd probably just give people the option to turn it on or off.

I used to live in Brookfield, WI and visit family there every winter and summer. How would you rate some of the local fields? I've heard from several people The Seige is pretty good. Any other decent fields. I have a DM4 so I don't mind playing against any hardcore tourny players, but I'll also take a bit of woodsball if it's there.

Keep working on the site and it will look awesome :headbang: .

JoshK
01-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Not a bad site. I don't mind the music. I'm more into Slipknot, Stone Sour, Marilyn Manson stuff, but the music seemed to suit the site well. Like someone else suggested I'd probably just give people the option to turn it on or off.

I used to live in Brookfield, WI and visit family there every winter and summer. How would you rate some of the local fields? I've heard from several people The Seige is pretty good. Any other decent fields. I have a DM4 so I don't mind playing against any hardcore tourny players, but I'll also take a bit of woodsball if it's there.

Keep working on the site and it will look awesome :headbang: .

Sweet...well the siege is awesome...they have both indoor and outdoor fields. But they allso have one woodsball field if you get the urge during the day (but it isnt too good). There is the BFG in germantown, and it is a really big indoor field. Also their is Promised Land Paintball near the border of WI and IL, and its a big scenario park...theres so many more fields around here...and on the 22nd im going to dedicated in Madison (ill tell you how good that is later)

stop whining buy a mag
01-18-2005, 07:36 PM
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate the input.

BTW have you heard of Paintball Daves? I heard the place was crap. Is this true?

JoshK
01-20-2005, 12:05 AM
I have heard the same but do not know. Also my site is updated. Im working on side bars, and im gonna inverse the colors in the main text body with the tables on the side, and top. Is this version better ? it is v2.2 btw.

JoshK
01-27-2005, 07:56 PM
Ok...i'm really trying to improve it tonight, and i need the help of some fellow aoers. How do you make the background image non repeating?

this is what i have so far

<td valign="top" height="119" width="740" border="0" background="http://teamshift.xtreem-paintball.com/data/menu_top.jpg">
<center>

<font color="#000000" style="position:relative;top:;">
<a href="home.html" target="main">Home</a> /
<a href="players.html"target="main">Players</a> /
<a href="sponsor.html" target="main">Sponsor</a> /
<a href="tournaments.html" target="main">Tournaments</a> /
<a href="pictures.html" target="main">Pictures</a> /
<a href="guestbook.html" target="main">Guestbook</a> /
<a href="links.html" target="main">Links</a>

</center>

</font>
</td>

Can you please add it where it needs to go?

Also...this is what my brother put at the top of the page...i dont know what it does...i think its the type of html im using?
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">