PDA

View Full Version : Back bootle adapter #000473

pierce
12-11-2004, 07:08 PM
I just got my automag put together with that adapter and i guess it's too deep because it just won't seal off. Has anyone else had this problem or did i get a defective one?

personman
12-11-2004, 09:25 PM
I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I think you mean when you screw the tank into the adapter it wont seal and it just keeps leaking?
Well i've had that problem before and you can try like putting a washer in there (never tried it before, but i think someone said they did that once? I dont have a very good memory), or what I did but its not reversable so if you mess it up then you have to buy another one, is just take a drill and dremel the little peg in there down until it works good.. try at your own risk though

ScatterPlot
12-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Try dropping a tank oring down in the hole before you screw in the tank; that should help.

pierce
12-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Yeah i thought about another o-ring or even belt sanding the end so i could screw the tank in further. I think i'll just get something different, they have another type but i'm afraid it will just be the same.

space_weazel_45
12-12-2004, 04:06 AM
dont sand the end if anything take a little off the pin depressor in the middle, also older Max-flo's have this problem sand a nice thick oring in the hole one from most any plumbing section will work, some one with an old shocker sould be able to tell you what size exactly, but you can probibly just find one that fits snugly

pierce
12-12-2004, 10:25 AM
I just got back from Home Depot where i bought a assortment of o-rings. The one that fits is a #10 11/16-1/2-3/32. 33 cents and problem solved. Really appreciate the input guys.