PDA

View Full Version : English Class Paintball Commercial

Zedaine
12-11-2004, 11:20 PM
I have been assigned to make a commercial for my persuasive essay in english, about paintball. So here it is :D

Enjoy.

(To avoid some confusion people are having, I am the one getting shot, not a friend.)

http://x-treme.us/Masamune/zedspaintballmovie.mov

WMV Version - http://www.jayloo.com/files/vids/300/zedspaintballmovie_672a.wmv

You will need quicktime to view this video.

ULT, fastest rate of fire in video 14 BPS, Average 12.25, little slow... haven't played in months getting a bit rusty.

SAW
12-11-2004, 11:28 PM
goggles anyone? :rolleyes:
Other than that, its a good movie.

Gr0dy
12-12-2004, 12:27 AM
nice movie, if i played that at my school. id get suspended :)

Flow_Tech
12-12-2004, 02:46 AM
doesnt work for me.. :confused:

Tunaman
12-12-2004, 07:58 AM
With no goggles on that movie is a severe detriment to the sport. Get the goggles on and try it again. You should know better. ;)

urbansix
12-12-2004, 08:52 AM
I'd be curius as to what the wording/purpose/goal of the assignment is. Are you supposed to make a commercial to "persuade" a point or product? I am assuming since it's for your persuasive essay. If that is the case, what are you selling with this one - the joys of overshooting & bonus balling? Derder.com's in-your-face fast-editet loud-musiced ode to the joys overshooting & bonus balling? And what does teach say about 2/3 of the vide being a "quotation" (not plagarized since it has credits)?

Not trying to be mean with this post - just trying to get the message. But cool - we never got to do videos as class assignments.

B.A.M.
12-12-2004, 09:18 AM
if i were wanting to try paintballing and saw that vid i definatly wouldnt go.

Major Ho
12-12-2004, 01:58 PM
I'd be curius as to what the wording/purpose/goal of the assignment is. Are you supposed to make a commercial to "persuade" a point or product? I am assuming since it's for your persuasive essay. If that is the case, what are you selling with this one - the joys of overshooting & bonus balling? Derder.com's in-your-face fast-editet loud-musiced ode to the joys overshooting & bonus balling? And what does teach say about 2/3 of the vide being a "quotation" (not plagarized since it has credits)?

Not trying to be mean with this post - just trying to get the message. But cool - we never got to do videos as class assignments.
Ditto, I fail to see the purpose/meaning/message of this video? Hope your teacher is lenient on grading.

Zedaine
12-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Ditto, I fail to see the purpose/meaning/message of this video? Hope your teacher is lenient on grading.

I'll be sure to tell you all what grade I get and the reaction of the class :)

This statement "I fail to see the purpose/meaning/message of this video?" shouldn't end with a question mark, someone needs to go back to english.

Alpha
12-12-2004, 07:02 PM
Ouch. I think the shooter was far enough back that there is no chance for eye injury. At least Zeddy had his gogs on.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
12-12-2004, 07:15 PM
So you shot somebody, and then stole a movie from derder.

Great Job! :clap:

p8ntball365
12-12-2004, 08:42 PM
so you shot your friend in the back, then he was showing off his welts, to prove what point?

tony3
12-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Thanks a lot, now I don't want to go paintballing. :(

p8ntball72
12-12-2004, 09:14 PM
[QUOTE=Zedaine]I have been assigned to make a commercial for my persuasive essay in english, about paintball. QUOTE]

I think you missed the point of your assignment.
commercial : an advertisement broadcast on radio or television.

persuasive : to move by argument, entreaty, or expostulation to a belief, position, or course of action

If your school offers a Video production class I suggest you take it {never shoot video into the sun}

I'd give you a.... F

Conversekidz
12-12-2004, 09:20 PM
But WTF was that? You just showed us a video of you pelting the crap out of your friend, causing him massive welts on the back. You show that you can shoot a defencless post, and you stole video of pro's playing shooting each other POINT BLANK. Seriously, wtf.

Your video had no point.

If anything videos like this are going to turn people away from the sport, not make it look like something enjoyable.

If I was your teacher, you would get a D at best.

Sh65
12-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Flaming aside...

You shoot your mag pretty fast lol.

:headbang:

FromTheBack
12-12-2004, 10:20 PM
These guys are just being honest and trying to help you out man, I'm sure you put some work into this thing but they all have very good points especially the mask on the shooter because that is such a fundamental rule. I don't know if your going to narrate through it or what, but with the music going on it will be hard to do that; or you could always just record you talking about it in the video. If people see this and don't get an immediate response they may alredy draw their conclusions by the end of it so you need to put your opinion up there right with the image. Choose key clips to talk about and also possibly getting some footage of rec players AND tourny players would make it seem more balanced.
I'll admit I'm no video-making genius but merely a college freshman whos trying to help out a fellow AO'r. Good luck man, and I hope you take some of our advice. :headbang:

Alpha
12-12-2004, 11:04 PM
<3 for zedaine.

Major Ho
12-12-2004, 11:06 PM
... someone needs to go back to english.
Yeah, Do you REALLY wanna go there and get personal?
I am trying to give you constructive critisism and you wanna be a monkey about it :rolleyes:

MonsterMag
12-12-2004, 11:20 PM
We ballers , try to give people the empression that paintball is a sport and is played all over the world, When you show someone shooting somone else in the back like that it gives paintball the "violent sport" Title , If you gonna make a vid for your englist class , make it of you playing in a touney or something ;)
My 2 centz

t33kyboy
12-12-2004, 11:29 PM
The essay better be amazing if you want a good grade.

Alpha
12-12-2004, 11:37 PM
but if this was a video from a baller to ballers..

You cant say it wasnt funyn when he was kickign his leg on the ground in pain.. That was pretty funny.. And that LX demonstation at the end.. Priceless.

Conversekidz
12-13-2004, 02:23 AM
The essay better be amazing if you want a good grade.
Hahahaha god that made me laugh.

Muzikman
12-13-2004, 02:34 AM
I am with just about everyone else...I don't see the point of the video. It sure isn't a commercial and it sure did not persuade me to do anything.

shatter_storm
12-13-2004, 03:54 AM
I am with just about everyone else...I don't see the point of the video. It sure isn't a commercial and it sure did not persuade me to do anything.

And on top of that, to anyone with prior knowledge of the sport, it portrays paintball in a negative light. I don't think showing a clip of the welts produced by getting overshot is going to "persuade" anyone to start playing - though it'll be persuasive in having them never want to try the game.
And unless you're mentioning it during the showing of the video, they arn't going to have the slightest clue what the part at the end is all about. We know because we own and use mags, but how would anyone else?

In any event, that whole video could be turned into a good effective pursuasive piece if it had a voiceover. Something along the lines of "what to do, what not to do, what the sport is like at the high end, what some of today's technology can do."

urbansix
12-13-2004, 07:02 AM
Now the KIA warranty commercial with the 2 guys hiding behind the log, and getting lit up....THATS's funny!!

Zedaine
12-13-2004, 04:23 PM
Well some things I need to clear up.

It was me who was getting shot, I would never let anyone, even my best friend wear my gear. (Look at my signature for hells sake, its me in there!)

And I showed the video to my class today, I stood up and told them this begining part is just speed testing my gun, and me also being an idiot and if you play paintball, you will never get over shot or hurt like I was. They all enjoyed it and had a good laugh, even my teacher did. From her expression, I think I aced this assignment.

I've posted this elsewhere also, its funny how everyones reactions differ, this is the only place that really cared about the not wearing the goggles, I probably didn't need them or the shooter either, but it seems like you guys care about players safety, so thats good :D

The point of me testing the level 10 and such was just to show other people online, since a lot of people haven't seen someone sticking there finger in the breech of their gun and shoot. The main part I wanted to show the class was the derder clips, everything else didn't matter and was for fun, and I made sure they realized paintball wasn't about getting lit up and getting hurt.

Someone mentioned to me to take video class and not to point the camera in the direction of the sun?

I was facing north east, the sun was going down in the west, I don't think I was facing the sun :).

tony3
12-13-2004, 04:56 PM
Your teacher sucks.

Muzikman
12-13-2004, 05:04 PM
If you ace this assignment I will personally slap your teacher:)

p8ntball365
12-13-2004, 08:33 PM
still, the shooter should have a mask on. anway anyone care to explain this "dollar bill test"? i hear its got something to do with not chopping.

MonsterMag
12-13-2004, 11:09 PM
Your teacher sucks.

I second that :rofl:

Enemy
12-14-2004, 02:52 AM
its an amazingly funny vid but as everyone said as far as accomplishing something i dont think it did much.. but still great stuff!

RamboPreacher
12-14-2004, 01:08 PM
failure for lack of safety requirements.