PDA

View Full Version : AGD/AO need a few classic mags for rentals

punkncat
12-12-2004, 10:56 AM
The local field I "work/volunteer" at is small. We work with lots of church and school groups to have private games for them at a reasonable price. Along with this we have done charity games for the past several years to collect toys for TFT as well as other charitable organizations.

The rental fleet of markers at the field is starting to become problematic. Currently they are using a few ancient Tippmanns that work fine , along with some really old Spyder ones , and some Pirahna markers. The Spyders and Pirahnas are getting really quirky , along with the fact that chrono-ing the markers in is a huge chore with weather changes and whatnot. It is not uncommon to have to stop in the middle of the day and spend 30-60 minutes changing out springs(in 15-20 markers) to make the gun chrono.

With all the trade ins on Classic Valves , I was wondering if it were possible for AGD to put together a "rental" mag program again. Maybe its never stopped.....I dunno. The field owner said that he would be more than happy to buy 10-15 of these markers if they could be had at a reasonable price. He would want them set up with a verticle ASA to replace the Spyders and clones. Many of our customers like that feel and compactness , as well as the fact that it gives better results on CO2.

I think it would be good for the field as well as good advertizing for AGD. It never fails that people always ask about mags when they see me using mine at the field. Many of our players are young , first timers , who would be impressed right away with the quality and durability of the marker which very often is the first marker they have used.

Can a group of (10-15)mags be put together with classic valves , powerfeed bodies , barrel , single trigger frames and a vert ASA with a really good price for the field?

splatterbrain
12-12-2004, 11:04 AM
Someone had like 100 or so rental marker for sale in the marker's for sale forum. I think he was asking $125.00 each but I'm sure you could work something out if you were buying 10

WenULiVeUdiE
12-12-2004, 11:28 AM
I was wondering the same thing last night. Many people by the gun they use at the field for a rental. My dad bought a 98 because he was very familiar with how it felt. Alot of noobs buy what the rent. If they become comfortable with a Mag, chances are they will buy one.

Southparkrocks
12-12-2004, 11:36 AM
If you had the time you could individually buy them off the forums for pretty cheap like 100.

punkncat
12-12-2004, 11:41 AM
If you had the time you could individually buy them off the forums for pretty cheap like 100.

Yes , but as you stated time is an issue. Then you have to find 15 good prices , pay shipping on 15 markers , deal with 15 different people , possibly have 15 different broken markers , possible bad deals.......

You get the idea.

Mole1119
12-12-2004, 05:39 PM
That was how i was introduced to mags back when Skirmish used mags as their rentals. I have been playing with them ever since.

JoshK
12-12-2004, 05:51 PM
maybe you could try and pm zupe...he doesnt seem to look at other threads...only "welcome zupe" or whatever.

Tunaman
12-12-2004, 07:09 PM
I have around 10 new classic mags if you want those. Email me. ;)

punkncat
12-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Sent you an Email.

Thanks

hobbesTZ
12-12-2004, 11:12 PM
Adventure Games here in NH is selling Minimags (not the rental version) for $100 each. They are pretty much like new. Last I knew they had 20+.

WARPED1
12-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Chech this out http://angel-owners.com/showthread.php?t=27251

craltal
12-13-2004, 06:34 PM
Shartley over at Shartly's customs has a bunch of old rental mags that he's looking to unload. give him a shout.

http://www.gbsu-usa.net/shartleycustoms/products.html

SlartyBartFast
12-22-2004, 04:23 PM
Adventure Games here in NH is selling Minimags (not the rental version) for $100 each. They are pretty much like new. Last I knew they had 20+.

But they're closed till spring. :cry: