PDA

View Full Version : whats with this cocker

sicones
12-12-2004, 12:47 PM
I'v been look to get a cocker for the hell of it and I was wondering why this gun is so cheap at action village????????

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=N5__Pf2bIYj-D7wntS8_lfdSSVcDyWaZWQw=?ProductID=YlTAqArbcYwAAAD %2em%2ehmCbZs#

danoxide
12-12-2004, 12:49 PM
that cocker is made for new ballers just getting into the sport...its like a spyder but with the cocker name on it...

(i have no idea how they preform and i wasn't saying they preform like spyders im just stating its marketed more to new paintballers)

C_lawgik
12-12-2004, 12:53 PM
on pbstar they had a review of these awhile ago.

Duzzy
12-12-2004, 12:56 PM
It has no regulator only a gas-through foregrip. It probably in all honesty does not have much in the way of upgradability. The 3-way is internal, I don't see the ram so I don't know about that. But is is basically taking a cocker and making it CHEAP and affordable so that K2 (?) the parent company can make lots of money... Plus the whole close-bolt line and the air effeciency thing should help boost sales. Personally I would shop around and try and find a cheap 2k3. I got mine almost 6 months ago for $300 new. Just my thoughts.

shortkidsrus
12-12-2004, 01:12 PM
Yeah those are made to be entry level. One finger hinge frame, integrated threeway, etc. Seems like you would be stuck with the stock threeway, kind of limits the tinkering factor, which in turn defeats the purpose of buying a Cocker IMO.

I agree with duzzy, except you might *** well buy a used one with the ups already on it for $300. Hmm I think I have one for sale... ;)

tippmannsniper-
12-12-2004, 01:25 PM
because it got 4 out of 10 stars on pbreview and the frame is plastic and theirs virtually no upgrades for it

argnot
12-12-2004, 01:43 PM
it's the new cocker, they changed alot of the parts(like eliminating the front block) and the moved alot of parts to make the gun more marketable to newbs and noncocker people by making them easier to set-up and take apart. Personaly I think it's not gonna do horribly well. I happen to like the fact that my cockers have tons of parts cause that just means more to customize. :D Also no offense to anyone who likes the new cocker.

50 cal
12-12-2004, 02:29 PM
$169, you can't beat it for an emergency back up or loaner gun to a bud. Nice and basic.

Destructo6
12-12-2004, 04:43 PM
I handled one of these a few weeks ago. The 3-way is integrated into the vertical ASA on the right side. I thought the integration was pretty slick, really. I'm sure it won't be long before somebody comes out with an upgrade 3-way shaft. The gripframe looked like plastic (very smooth), but was actually aluminium. The trigger was a pretty stiff, but then, so is a stock WGP hinge. The ram is standard Autococker fare. The LPR has a unique mounting method for which adaptors are already in the works.

It's designed to compete, side by side, with the Spyder/Tippman market segment. There was an ad for a Trilogy Sport kit (gun, tank, mask, hopper, pods) for $179 at Sportmart.

A lot of the Cocker guys hate them for various reasons.

I see the possibility of a huge advantage here. Beginners start with a Trilogy and learn a somewhat simplified Cocker system. When they go to upgrade in a few years, an Orracle would be a natural choice and they will have 80%-90% of knowledge to upkeep it. So, threads like, "Just got E-Cocker, what is this rod sticking out of the back?" would be reduced dramatically.

sicones
12-12-2004, 05:02 PM
whats a really cheap cocker that is upgradable besides that one??

White Wolf
12-12-2004, 05:04 PM
I got a few in and have since sold a few, in testing I found the tilogys to work as well as the stock 2k2-2k4 full autocockers. For some one entering into PB and picking up a "cocker" thats has good name recognition is probly a better option then picking up the ubiquitious Stacked tube blowback.

Obviously if upgrading is your thing the Trilogy is not the gun you would want, but even that being said I know there are companies working on a host of aftermarket stuff for these guns....E frame's, pneumatics, pump kits...yada yada yada.

YMMV

sicones
12-12-2004, 05:09 PM
I'm not new to paintball but I want to get a cheap cocker that I can mess around with many interchangeable parts...

jekyll
12-12-2004, 05:33 PM
whats a really cheap cocker that is upgradable besides that one??

the oldest vertical feed cocker you can find will probably be the best. If you are planning on upgrading the body or don't mind side feed an 02 side feed will work: http://www.paintballgateway.com/wgp02sifeaur.html

RtDaNiMaL
12-12-2004, 06:11 PM
yeah, a buddy of mine has a neighbor with that gun. he picked it up at sportsmart for like 60 bux. really horrible cocker. The air efficiency is horrible and you can set the velocity perfect and the balls curve all over the place. i am not sure if this is upgradeable, but his trigger frame was plastic and you could barely fit two fingers on the trigger if you wanted to even try to walk it. also the timing is horrible and chops if you try to shoot fast with just one finger. I would not reccomend this gun to anyone, even newbs. if you want a cocker, you would be much better buying like a used 03' cocker online stock for like really cheap. they are all over th eplace if you look. Just whatever you do, dont look back at that coker, it was probably one of the worst guns that i have ever shot in a long long time.

DaNiMaL :ninja:

alooney11
12-12-2004, 06:20 PM
Thats On Ebay!!!!!!!!!

jekyll
12-12-2004, 06:25 PM
Thats On Ebay!!!!!!!!!
what isn't?

firebanex
12-12-2004, 07:33 PM
you could buy my 2k3...

well buy what ever you want it is your choice we here can only tell you what you should buy but only you can make your self buy something.

sicones
12-13-2004, 09:37 AM
how much do you want for the 2k3 any pics???

LittlePaintballBoy
12-13-2004, 10:01 AM
Pssst... look in his sig...

WARPED1
12-13-2004, 02:10 PM
Theres no "front block" and you can't take any parts off there to upgrade/replace.

White Wolf
12-13-2004, 02:16 PM
not technicaly correct, you can remove the LPR and the Ram. The rams are pretty much universal to all other cocker rams, as of this moment there are no replacement LPR, but several are in the works and should be availible by xmas.

3 way will be a non issue once mod kits come out to add eblades/RACE frames to these guns.

All other internal parts are standard cocker and can be replaced/upgraded the same.