PDA

View Full Version : Triggernomics kicks the bucket

Maghog
11-07-2001, 10:41 AM
Hey friends,
As of sometime this week, Triggernomics will no longer be a viewable website. There are a lot of factors which have brought me to this crossroads, and I have put a lot of thought into this decision. In the end, it is what is best for me and my family right now.
My wife and I are both going to school in Germany, where I am writing this from. I am going to study machining and tooling while my wife goes for her masters degree in goldsmithing.
The next few years will be tough, trying to make ends meet has now become the priority. The website was never really a burden, and though it may be a small financial one now, the decision to eliminate Triggernomics is mostly out of a need to focus on what's ahead.
I'll probably still tinker around with guns like always, but I just don't see that much of an opportunity to be as involved as I have been.
The biggest reason for this closure is because it's quite disturbing for me to deny all the e-mails I get everyday asking for triggers and other work. I feel like I'm letting people down.
Finally, I think a break is what's in order for me right now, and when I get back to this I want it to be something new and different. It might not be called Triggernomics anymore, and it might not be a business either. Whatever it is, when I'm ready, it will be better than ever before.
Paintball is the best sport there is and that won't ever change for me.
I want to thank all the members here for a great time and I really want to thank Tom Kaye for giving the sport of paintball everything he has. We are very lucky to have him.
To all those home workshop fellas who want to do what I did, I can only say,"go for it!"
I will return to this forum with a different screen name and try to keep in touch, but I'm going to be too busy for online stuff for quite a while.
So, while you still can, download your favorite pics and such because they won't be found anywhere else.
Take care,
Dan@Triggernomics

shartley
11-07-2001, 10:43 AM
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will come back some time in the future.... stronger and recharged. I wish you the best.

Gambit1106
11-07-2001, 10:50 AM
I wish you the best of luck and look forward to hearing from you in the future. I hope everything goes well in school too. Take care.

Darren

manike
11-07-2001, 11:01 AM
Hey Dan, where abouts in Germany? I got the impression you are in Germany already?

I'll be in Frankfurt on the 28th of November to the 1st of Dec with Euromould, a huge machining and tooling show, if that's what you are studying then maybe you will be there? It's worth a visit :)

I'm also often in Munich (company HQ) that's a great place to be. I love Munich.

Maybe you'll attend one of the millenium series paintball events or get to travel Europe, if you do let me know :)

Best of luck with your future.

Simon

TheTramp
11-07-2001, 11:07 AM
Good luck to you and your wife. I love your work (even if I never could have afforded it).

Maghog
11-07-2001, 11:25 AM
Manike
I'm near Freiburg(already), and I would love to meet up with you in Frankfurt. Just let me know where you'll be and I'll be there.
Any addresses and phone numbers would help.
I plan on participating in any and all paintball events I can find in Europe and I look forward to seeing you there as well.
Your words of support mean a lot to me,
thanks,
Dan

Shaft
11-07-2001, 11:26 AM
Oh, I wish I could be in Germany.
Much luck to ya.

Stay in touch out there, if possible. I think it would be cool to hear about what paintball is about in Germany.

manike
11-07-2001, 11:39 AM
Hey Dan the show is to be held in Frankfurt is called Euromold the website is http://217.7.92.74/ it's one of the biggest tooling and machining shows in Europe. I'll be there from the Wednesday to the Saturday. Is it far from you?

My Company TEBIS will have a large stand there in the software section of the show. Come by and ask for Simon from the UK :)

I'm also at most of the big European events and most regulars know me :) Let me know what Tournies you will be at and I'll hunt you down lol.

Ahh at least someone else is now on Euro time zones :) Welcome to Europe!

manike

FaSSt
11-07-2001, 11:39 AM
Good luck with all of your future endeavors!

Webmaster
11-07-2001, 12:01 PM
good luck man - you have some great stuff - I hate to see you go - but I can understand why!

cphilip
11-07-2001, 01:01 PM
This is just sad...

Good luck to you Dan.

davej946
11-07-2001, 01:50 PM
Alright, if this is inappropriate in this thread, I apollogize.

I recently contacted Dan about getting a thinner blade trigger for my iFrame. He promptly replied, (thanks Dan) and explained that he won't be doing this for a while. That's cool. I appreciate the honesty and I wish you luck Dan.

Are there alternatives to Triggernomics for triggers? I'm not a huge fan of the stock iFrame Blade trigger. It's a bit bulky for my fingers. I would like a blade trigger with a little less meat to it. Anyone recommend a trigger for iFrame?

Thanks,

MajorDamage
11-07-2001, 02:49 PM
Man we will miss you! Triggernomics is the only place I can think of for aftermarket triggers!...now I have to figure out how to download that RT with the autoframe...

ENDO!

Manuel_FZR
11-07-2001, 02:55 PM
Hey, I´m also in Germany ;) (ok, I live there :D ). Perhaps we could meet somewhere ... i´m in Regensburg, that´s 70 miles north Munich.

MajorDamage
11-07-2001, 03:14 PM
I downloaded all those cool pics of that custom mag that you made for Tom Kaye, that cool Sterling's pics, and the enhanced RT video...WE WILL MISS YOU!

ENDO!

zvanut
11-07-2001, 03:51 PM
Good luck and still come around here on :)

dansim
11-07-2001, 04:09 PM
well i thank you for your time you spent beautifing paintball w/your works of art and hope that some day when you do return to the trigger scene i can get my BREECH KNOB!!! have fun and take care
Dan lewis

Flamebo
11-07-2001, 04:36 PM
You're one helluva craftsman, and we'll miss seeing your work. Good luck, and may we all see your speedy return to paintball.

Flamebo
11-07-2001, 04:37 PM
Triggernomics makes the Intelliframe triggers, don't they?? What's to become of that, did you sell the rights to AGD?

Tbone
11-07-2001, 05:33 PM
Good luck Dan, we all await your return in the future :)

(you still make the freakin' coolest trigger EVER!)

shartley
11-07-2001, 05:59 PM
Flamebo
No, they do not make THE triggers for the Intelliframe... He made customized Replacement Triggers for it. :)

alf
11-07-2001, 11:14 PM
best of luck dan!

thanks for making such COOL triggers...

if you EVER feel like making a skeleton-finger trigger for a z-grip, one of those cold german sunday mornings.... :D

dont be a stranger...stop in every once in a while and say hi to us ao-ers

-alf

Ground_zer0
11-07-2001, 11:47 PM
I saw your triggers a long while back. I have repeatedly viewed the pictures on your site, and the ones you have posted here. All I have to say is that it is not often that someone can combine art and function so well. Your triggers really stand out and are a gem in the paintball world. Hope we might see you back eventually -Matt

Wheelman
11-08-2001, 07:18 AM
If you're ever back in buisness in the Rockland area drop me an E-Mail, I'd love to have a trigger done for my Mag.(I figured I'd dumped enough $$$ into the Tippmann I had to move on) Good Luck in you ventures abroad!

Man I can't belive you lived right down the road and we never hooked up!

Sledgehammer
11-08-2001, 12:25 PM
Hey Dan,

I also live in Germany (Saarbrücken - not very far from Freiburg by US standards I guess). Let me know if you need any help in finding paintball events here.
By the way are you here with the US forces somehow or just as a regular Student?

paintboy
11-14-2001, 06:20 PM
I am sorry to hear this, Dan. Your going away game was fun, I am glad I got to be a part of it. I appreciate the help you've given me with my mag at Rogue. You will be missed a lot there, please visit some day!

~Chad

Cliffio
11-14-2001, 06:49 PM
that sucks man, you guys make THE BEST angel triggers out there, wish you the best of luck in the future

p.s.- if u got any angel triggers layin around ill take one for cheap:)

later
Cliff