PDA

View Full Version : Lapco Bigshot vs AGD Crown Point

pierce
12-12-2004, 01:50 PM
I just got though shooting my new Automag Classic with a CP barrel, and it shot better than my Big shot. I will have to say that the Bigshot is on my Pro/Carbine, but both have Palmer regulators and both are using CO2. I am very pleased so far with my Mag, it's quieter, feels better, and looks way cooler. It's 46 degrees here and it didn't seem to have any problem with CO2 yet, allthough i didn't pull a string of 20 or 30 rounds. You all have been very helpful with my questions THANKS.

MonsterMag
12-12-2004, 01:56 PM
The crown point is lound and unaccurate. The bigshot is by far the better barrel , when comparing the bigshot to the Crown Point

pierce
12-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Not in my experience. It also shot some RPS Bigballs decently ( the bigshot made them fly like knats ) I'm giving the Crown Point a thumbs-up.

alooney11
12-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Crown Point! Crown Point! Crown Point!

I recommend the crown point.

i_baked_cookies
12-12-2004, 07:09 PM
it all depends on the paint. almost any barrel can be accurate with the matching paint, including the crownpoint barrel.

TDonovan
12-12-2004, 07:14 PM
I love my lapco barrels...

Depending on what kind of paint you're shooting you can get different lapco bore sizes.

.684 - Lapco Microshot
.687 - Lapco Autospirit
.689 - Lapco Bigshot
.693 - Lapco Megashot

There IS a picoshot which is smaller than the microshot.

I personally have a Bigshot on my 98c, and a Bigshot/Autospirit for my ULE mag.

They aren't the quietest barrels, but they're gas efficient and they get the job done. I bought 2 of my 3 used and got myself about 2 barrels for the price of 1 new + shipping.