PDA

View Full Version : ugh new refs

Mr. Mouse
12-12-2004, 05:31 PM
ok so i went paintballing today and it was all good until someone was shooting hot, i mean i could careless about getting welts but at least have it in the fps limit, and the refs didnt even bother chronoing people in until somone got shot in the back of the head and started bleeding, and never found the guy, i mean common i was asking for a paintcheck and the ref asked me if i was hit i was like i dont know im asking you if im hit. sometimes new refs can get on my nerves -.- but other then that it was a fun day

Chronobreak
12-12-2004, 06:20 PM
a good ref should chrono atleast 2x a day ex in open play, private groups are usualy fine wiht one chrono at the beggining of thhe day.

yeah new refs can be bad...but msot refs are players with commone sence that know what theyr doing..

the problem starts when fields hire like 14 year olds and stuff and pay em under the table or w/e.. :nono: some people dont know what theyre doinf. every field has a few trust me

Mr. Mouse
12-12-2004, 07:54 PM
i dont know if this guy even played before he was older then me, i mean i asked for a paintcheck and then asks me if im hit, i dont think hes a player

xXHavokXx
12-12-2004, 08:23 PM
Shoot them. If refs suck, give 'em something to think about.

Trunnion
12-12-2004, 08:35 PM
Havok, if a player like you ever shot me on purpose to "give me something to think about," you'd be off the playing field for the rest of the evening at a minimum. That's if the owners decided not to ban you from the facility for shooting up their refs on purpose. If you have a problem with a ref not doing their job, tell the senior ref or the field manager/owner. If they're new, then don't get too angry. Just tell someone that they're not doing their job properly and they need some instruction. It would probably be best if they were provided with another ref to train them.

penguinpunk555
12-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Shoot them. If refs suck, give 'em something to think about.
AMEN!

xXHavokXx
12-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Havok, if a player like you ever shot me on purpose to "give me something to think about," you'd be off the playing field for the rest of the evening at a minimum. That's if the owners decided not to ban you from the facility for shooting up their refs on purpose. If you have a problem with a ref not doing their job, tell the senior ref or the field manager/owner. If they're new, then don't get too angry. Just tell someone that they're not doing their job properly and they need some instruction. It would probably be best if they were provided with another ref to train them.

Odds are if the refs are bad enough that I have to shoot them I probably won't be playing there again. I'm not talking about refs who are a little incompetant I'm talking about flat out horrible refs.

- Refs that pull you out of a bunker without calling you neutral and get you shot up.
- Refs that let their friends stay in.
- Refs that don't pay attention to anything
- Refs that take 4 minutes to check a guy 5 feet from them
- Refs that aren't willing to run to make sure critical moments are judged right
- Refs that stand in critical lanes of fire.
- Refs that make consitent horrible calls.
- Refs that don't know how to spot cheating.
- Refs that are straight up ********.

I've been to fields where that is the norm. So I let them know I don't appreciate their job performance. Having been a ref I know what it is like. If people had a problem with how I ref'd they'd tell me or shoot me. If I was standing in a lane they gave me a couple to get me to move and I said I guess I shouldnt have stood there.

Example: I went to a field where the place was run by older guys and the 2 refs were these two guys. One little young "agg" guy and this big old fat guy. Neither of them really did anything the young guy just kinda arbitrarily called people out and the fat guyjust stood everywhere I needed to shoot. The fat guy wouldnt run to bunkers to check people so they just played on left and right. The young guy was running his brains out to make calls and the big guy just kinda said " Ohh one for one" . Everything was a one for one. I could have ran down the tape with no paint and he'd call a one for one on the first guy I got to. Their team was playing on my team. They could get gogged and not pull them. We talked to the guys at the desk and they said they would handle it....Nope. So, after that I figured there is no law and If I wanted a ref out of my lane I shot through him. Of course him being a solid object blocked the first 10 but he caught on. I'd over shoot everymember of their team then the ref if I saw them play on and just assumed If they can't do their job I would

Trunnion
12-12-2004, 09:44 PM
The reason I made my statement was because you didn't make a distinction between a bad ref and a new one. You have to give some leeway to a new guy. If he doesn't learn his job in a week or two, then you should consider a serious complaint or switching venues. But if it's the guy's first weekend on the job, cut him some slack. And ANY ref who gets in your lane, he's fair game. Your points on bad refs are certainly valid.

xXHavokXx
12-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Very true. I didn't make a distinction. New refs I cut a beak as they are new to it. Bad refs, nope.

MonsterMag
12-12-2004, 10:23 PM
My local field owner , hired his neibor , hes like 16 and always highhttp://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/greeen%20smocks%20smiley.gif .He stands on the side of the field and just looks around. He called my friend out because he has a large amount of spray on his gogs :mad: He just stand there , never even goes into the center or middle of the field. He just walks around the edge. When he calls me out , I call over another reff to check me , just in case :rolleyes:

xXHavokXx
12-12-2004, 10:56 PM
My local field owner , hired his neibor , hes like 16 and always highhttp://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/greeen%20smocks%20smiley.gif .He stands on the side of the field and just looks around. He called my friend out because he has a large amount of spray on his gogs :mad: He just stand there , never even goes into the center or middle of the field. He just walks around the edge. When he calls me out , I call over another reff to check me , just in case :rolleyes:

Shoot him.

MonsterMag
12-12-2004, 11:11 PM
Shoot him.

I did , he was looking around , I think it was a sting of 3-5 shots to the chest with my emag :dance:

Best part was , he didnt know you did it :rolleyes:

Glickman
12-12-2004, 11:33 PM
should be a requirement to play paintball....

atleast once, so they actually know why people ***** when someone shoots 330

(met 2-3 that never played, most likely more)

tony3
12-13-2004, 05:22 PM
Honestly, it is just open play, it is not like it matters if you win or not. I mean, some things are unacceptable, but I mean if you complain about the calls a ref makes are horrible, when it doesn't even matter, consider that refs make horrible calls in tournies where it actually counts. Bad calls are made is every spot, get over it.

Mr. Mouse-You do realize that you can call a paintcheck on yourself? You do know that refs don't need to do paintchecks? They aren't obligated at all.

flyinasian016
12-15-2004, 09:14 PM
Its kinda hard to ref sometimes. I work at my local field reffing 50-70 people by myself. Sometimes you just cant do everything everywhere. Most refs that i know try their hardest to make fair calls, try to keep everyone safe, and still have a fun time. But honestly, i hate reffing, id rather be playing. But still, cut the refs a little slack. I understand about some of the things they do such as:
- Standing int he middle of a llane
- Randomly calling out people
- Leaving their friends in
- Letting their friends bonus ball the other team (i know im guilty of this :( )
- etc etc

But dont get to mad at a ref for not doing a full check on you, there could be 1-19 other players ont he field that he has to attend to, sometimes we cant get to everyone. But we do try out hardest...

Instead of getting mad at us and *****ing at us and jeapordizing your stay at the field, go talk to that ref in a polite tone, when the ref doesnt replay back the same way, just shoot him in game. Yes, we will move after 3 balls to the back/chest, no need to shoot us 10-15 times..