PDA

View Full Version : $199 air america armageddon

urbansix
12-13-2004, 07:10 AM
As far as I can tell this is a steal of a deal. He has a few left. Here's the link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7120408247&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT) I got one.

urbansix
12-13-2004, 07:59 AM
It dawned on me post facto that posts of this nature may be frowned upon or meant for the B/S/T forum. Move me if necessary.

SlartyBartFast
12-13-2004, 11:48 AM
Ok, dumb question but what's the difference between the Appocalypse and the Armageddon?

LudavicoSoldier
12-13-2004, 11:53 AM
The Arm has a removable bottle.

cphilip
12-13-2004, 12:51 PM
It dawned on me post facto that posts of this nature may be frowned upon or meant for the B/S/T forum. Move me if necessary.

Normaly it would be if you were affiliated with the seller. Or were the seller.

But telling people about a good deal you found where you have no personal gain or relationship to the seller is fine and welcome in Talk.

Lohman446
12-13-2004, 02:11 PM
And, as I posted in the APOC thread the removeable bottle means you can take them on airplanes as current TSA regulations (as I understand them) basically say the bottle must be seperate from the reg - in essence the inspector has to be able to look into the bottle

Muzikman
12-13-2004, 03:14 PM
Wrong, the tank has to be "open" and although the reg would not be on the tank, the stem still is and it will still hold air.

Lohman446
12-13-2004, 03:42 PM
Wrong, the tank has to be "open" and although the reg would not be on the tank, the stem still is and it will still hold air.

I misunderstood how much was removeable and stand corrected - I assumed it was more like the SP regs, where I beleive the bottle is able to be left open. My mistake

urbansix
12-13-2004, 05:32 PM
I think the "Bodybag" model (arm or apoc - not shure which) is the one that is TSA legal and warrantied for user removal/reinstall.

cabldawg
12-13-2004, 05:59 PM
Maybe I'm reading this wrong but the reg must be completly removed

A compressed gas cylinder is allowed in carry-on or checked baggage ONLY if the regulator valve is completely disconnected from the cylinder and the cylinder is no longer sealed (i.e. the cylinder has an open end). The cylinder must have an opening to allow for a visual inspection inside. TSA Security Screeners will NOT remove the seal/regulator valve from the cylinder at the checkpoint. If the cylinder is sealed (i.e. the regulator valve is still attached), the cylinder is prohibited and not permitted through the security checkpoint, regardless of the reading on the pressure gauge indicator

Muzikman
12-13-2004, 07:16 PM
You are correct, you are reading what I posted wrong. When I say "open" I mean not able to hold any preassure. The armageddon tank cen be removed from the reg, but just because it is removed, does not mean it can be taken on a plane. You still have to remove the stem.