PDA

View Full Version : Damn!!

Carbon Blue
12-13-2004, 05:42 PM
:cuss: So I recently purchased a black x-valve on here had it perfectly running with the level 10 bolt and everything. The valve was spotless. I cleaned up the whole gun where there was absolutely no scratches, paint, or dirt on the gun at all. Mind you i have not even taken this gun on the field yet and has only seen about 50 paintballs. A few weeks later i pull out my gun to do some shooting but notice a scratch on the valve. It wasnt too deep but it was definitely deep enough to scratch the black color off. The scratch is colored white. I was thinking that someone had taken my gun out and probably played around with it or something (cousins or friends) scratched it and put it back in its place :mad: . I mean i just bought the thing and now its scratched up! and its the most expensive part of the gun!! I even took pics of when i cleaned it up, and went to look at them again and theres no scratches at all!! Do you guys have any reccomendations to fix this scratch?? i was thinking permanent marker but you can still see the scratch.

zeroack
12-13-2004, 05:44 PM
Scratchs mean you play. Be proud.

Zero

Carbon Blue
12-13-2004, 05:46 PM
Scratchs mean you play. Be proud.

Zero

haha if the scratch was made while i was playing i wouldnt care just because it was due to my actions that it got scratched or something along those lines. But the fact that the valve was scratched without me knowing and is only a few weeks old annoys me.

WenULiVeUdiE
12-13-2004, 05:53 PM
Lie about it. Say the KGB got to it.

Conversekidz
12-13-2004, 05:55 PM
Its a blessing, now stop *****ing and go and play.

Since it has the scratch you will go all out now when you play, instead of holding back being worried that you are going to harm the gun.

Carbon Blue
12-13-2004, 05:59 PM
i could still superman bunkers and not give a damn about my gun and in the end of the day come out with a scratchless gun. Im not careless and if i did scratch it i wouldnt mind because it was due to my actions, my point is that it is only a few weeks old, hasnt seen a field and someone scratched it and didnt tell me.If you dont have any reccomendations on what i can do to fix this scratch (which was the main purpose of this thread/vent then by all means post on another thread)

-=Squid=-
12-13-2004, 06:07 PM
i could still superman bunkers and not give a damn about my gun and in the end of the day come out with a scratchless gun. Im not careless and if i did scratch it i wouldnt mind because it was due to my actions, my point is that it is only a few weeks old, hasnt seen a field and someone scratched it and didnt tell me.If you dont have any reccomendations on what i can do to fix this scratch (which was the main purpose of this thread/vent then by all means post on another thread)
If you don't wanna use a sharpy, you are out of luck, save reannoing it.

- Goronching

68magOwner
12-13-2004, 06:09 PM
dag gum kid, its a scratch, if your really playing hard, you will have alot more, dont worry

WARPED1
12-13-2004, 06:10 PM
Lie about it. Say the KGB got to it.
Um, welcome to the 21st century! Theres no KGB because theres no longer a USSR! :p
On the scratch, deal with it! :)

Glickman
12-13-2004, 06:12 PM
sounds like "first scratch" phobia :)

o get it with all new guns as well.

it sounds like you mightve been walking past a wall or something, and had the paint rub off.

go over it with ur finger, is it a scratch w/depth? or is it just white.

Lohman446
12-13-2004, 06:14 PM
One of my Shockers that I bought I have never played with - one of my teammates adopted it the week I bought it and hasn't given it back since. Except for when it was leaking and I fixed it. The other week I sent him some Shocker lube and a rebuild kit when I ordered mine... I have a feeling its scratched by now LOL. I haven't seen it for three weeks though, maybe we'll go play this weekend.

WenULiVeUdiE
12-13-2004, 06:18 PM
Um, welcome to the 21st century! Theres no KGB because theres no longer a USSR! :p

Thats what you think! :ninja:

I've scratched my mag a few too many times. Dropped it all over the house, field, etc. Just be happy it's a mag and it can stand up to the abuse.

GodLovesUgly
12-13-2004, 11:33 PM
if you go to a art store and buy a small brush and some black craft paint you can fill in the scratch so it isn't even noticeable. :headbang:

trains are bad
12-13-2004, 11:41 PM
It's worthless now. I'll give you 50 bucks for it.

Conversekidz
12-13-2004, 11:52 PM
It's worthless now. I'll give you 50 bucks for it.
You might want to rethink that, it does have a SCRATCH I would only give him 10, maybe 20 tops.

-Tab
12-14-2004, 12:04 AM
a scratch??? that's nothin'

i dropped my 98 custom into a stream - big enough to completely submerge it. it wasn't there but a few seconds, but i had just filled the hopper :(

oneworld
12-14-2004, 09:47 AM
i had a huge one.. i painted it with good cradt paint... looked good as new.

paint = 00.98
brush=1.00$

Mer
12-14-2004, 10:14 AM
Here you go:

http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/707229

This will make the scratch disappear. Just follow the instructions.

Eric

Carbon Blue
12-14-2004, 12:28 PM
thank you oneworld, mer, godloves ugly, and squid.

warbeak2099
12-14-2004, 12:38 PM
WWA has that $9 per part anno deal. Don't know if they still do it, but when they did it supposedly took a really long time for them to get it done. Still, it's good quality and only $9.

HoppysMag
12-14-2004, 12:40 PM
a scratch??? that's nothin'

i dropped my 98 custom into a stream - big enough to completely submerge it. it wasn't there but a few seconds, but i had just filled the hopper :(
i triped, and threw my VM68 into a tree, down a hill, onto a rock then into the mud. id end up doing something like that once a day/ tippmann aint got nothing on the VM68

Carbon Blue
12-14-2004, 12:51 PM
i triped, and threw my VM68 into a tree, down a hill, onto a rock then into the mud. id end up doing something like that once a day/ tippmann aint got nothing on the VM68

ther sheridians are built like tanks