PDA

View Full Version : Two Problems with xvalve

Andrew Cunje
12-13-2004, 10:42 PM
Hello, i have owned a mag with an xvalve, ule main, ult, intelli, 68 rail, and a centerflag "high pressure" tank.

recently i have have two problems.

the first is every now and then maintly when my tank is around 1300-1600 psi, if i gas up my gun and pull the trigger the gun goes full auto. Sometimes im lucky and can just turn the back just a hair and turn it back and it stops, but recently it just keeps on going full auto in this presure range...what could be the problem? i was thinking that maybe my tank was not putting out the correct output pressure...but dont know if this could do it, i know that my tanks gauge has recently been off by 300psi in the low range when filling my tank but at 4500 is correct.

second i have had to take out my ult trigger kit which i love. After abotu 15 shots, its just up and stops working, the only way to make it work is to turn it off and re-gas it up, same problem occurs....when i put in teh stock on off trigger it works 100% but has its good ole hard has he// trigger pull....

any input into my problems? have any of u had the same and resolved it?

Thanks any help would be amazing! :)

~Andrew :confused:

Andrew Cunje
12-14-2004, 09:16 AM
bump...nobody ever likes my topics :( :p

frop
12-14-2004, 11:14 AM
have you tried anything to eliminate basic probs?(fs screw,etc)

athomas
12-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Check the condition of your sear. It may be worn at the tip.

White_Noise
12-14-2004, 01:24 PM
im sure you can retune the ult to work, just make sure you oil it often so that it doesnt get sticky.

as for the full auto, id check the frame and valve screws to make sure that theyre not loose or overly tight. personally, ive never had a problem with this with any of the 4 mags ive owned, but i do know that alot of people do for some reason.

GT
12-14-2004, 01:25 PM
sounds like the reg on your tank is spiking. try another tank

how many shims in the ult and what rail do you havE?

Andrew Cunje
12-14-2004, 05:06 PM
i have 1 shim in a 1 line spacer in my powertube, that works fine never chop paint or anything, i took my tank in today and they said it was putting out about 650 psi, is this to low? (tank fill was at about 2000psi) i also have a 68 classic rail, so whatever you call taht rail is the one that it have. :cool:

as for teh ult i went with teh recomended 4 shims...to much? too little?

Andrew Cunje
12-14-2004, 05:08 PM
sometimes when the fs screw is overly tight it will go full auto but i only make sure it is hand tight now, as for teh sear its only been used like 8 times in field play and looks to be in good condition...ill try lubin up the ult today adn trying to get it to work..........if the front grip screw was overly tight could that cause problems? cause i usually make it snug with the alan wrench

frop
12-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Your tanks output is likely the problem. Mags CAN run that low in certain configurations/cases, but they like higher pressures. Try a different tank first.

EDIT: spelling & sig :tard:

athomas
12-14-2004, 09:04 PM
Level 10 setups like a higher input pressure. The low pressure would also have an effect on the ULT. Definately use a higher output tank. I'll bet it fixes most of the problems you are experiencing.

CaliMagFan
12-14-2004, 11:33 PM
when you find the marker going FA... just hold the trigger down and let it run... it should stop in less than 10 seconds... if it doesnt, then you do have a problem.... the issue with the marker stopping its ability to shoot is most likely your FS screw... it should be more than hand tight... use an allen wrench to snug it a bit more than you can with the fingers....

-kyro

Andrew Cunje
12-15-2004, 12:38 PM
aight, i had my tank checked at pevs, and it was putting out 650psi at 2000, so i called up centerflag adn they told me to chip it off to them and they are goin to change the spring and set the tank to a higher output...what would you all recomend, he said that most mag guys will get it set to about 1000....is this to high or near a danger zone?

basically what should i have them set my tank output to?

hopefully this fixes my problems!!! :clap:

frop
12-15-2004, 02:17 PM
900 should be good & safe for ya.

Andrew Cunje
12-16-2004, 01:04 AM
also another general question i have is...with the tank runnign at optimal output and my gun working again, how many bps should i expect...i can walk electros like whoa, but i want ever able to feel more than 8ish with my tank and gun running in its ****ty condidtion

Andrew Cunje
12-18-2004, 10:28 AM
good news, i am shipping off my tank to be worked on today, they are goin to tune it for 900-1000 output....

Last night i used my buddies tank on my mag just to try it since he was thinking of gettin a Tac-One but wanted to try my gun out first, so i retuned it a bit, still have some leaking...(have to find out from where :) ) but his tank is putting out a much higher output than mine was....i set up the ult and was able to rip like 16 17 bps out of it(just judging by the joise and rate of fire of his 15 bps tipmann and my brothers 13 bps board in his spyder....my gun is now the ownage :), it gave it enough bounce back to foock everyones world up :p

so now its 10:27 am and im goin to try and find my leaking o ring. :headbang:

after drinking wildly last night cause my mom went out of town :D

jewie27
12-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Set it high enough to where it will go into runaway while holding the trigger halfway back. :shooting: :rofl:

Andrew Cunje
12-19-2004, 12:55 AM
mags can do that? like the tippman guns? damn .... how fast can they go in runaway...drunk again :) and my spelling isnt bad! eggcellente! :headbang: