PDA

View Full Version : Choosing the right air system..

Alpha
12-13-2004, 11:13 PM
Got my RT Pro, and right now im using a POS steel 47/3000psi tank that I get about 400 shots off.

I'm going to upgrade in teh next couple of weeks...

First thing I looked at was the raptor rex by Air America. Its only 200 bucks, 20 bucks more then the HP crossfire I looked at.

Only downside to this baby was that I need to buy a cradle for it, and I'm going to want a gauge.. So I went to cooper-t.com and checked out what they had for fittings and came up with this:

http://www.cooper-t.com/hosereceivers.html

The side tapped reciever.. Now all I'd need is a T-style connection (am I going overboard?) , and I have a gauge that will give me my output pressure, and the line to my foregrip.

Would it be more worth it to just get an apocalypse 2k 68/45 for 270?

I have a question for 2k owners. In the picture, I see a slide check labeled LP for low pressure. This is an adjustable tank, shouldn't there just be one output hose, and a place to throw my 3/16 hex to adjust?

Also, woudl I still need a cradle for the 2k? It looks as if it has two sets of standard-spaced holes tapped so I can just throw it right on my intelliframe.

Thanks for your continued cooperation in helping me build the secksiest mag of all time.

frop
12-14-2004, 11:11 AM
you're better off getting the apoc, dynaflow/hyperflow, max-flo, flatline etc. you'll lower your overall spending if you get a top range adjustable now instead of a mid. get one w/ an on/off too. if i remember right, the apoc uses a dovetail.

craltal
12-14-2004, 12:19 PM
when you factor in the cradle, on/off mechanism, fittings, etc you'll be spending about the same as the apoc and it'll weigh more. Unless you run remote, go with the apoc over the rex.

White_Noise
12-14-2004, 01:27 PM
personally id pay more for a better tank. ive seen my friend's flatlines work great, and have had great personally experience with dynaflows. z-man i know uses a maxflow on his markers with good results. and those 3 only requre rails or drops. and the flatline just needs a small adapter to be put on a rail.

frop
12-14-2004, 05:18 PM
If weight isn't as much of a factor, but money is,I'd say go with the Hyperflow 201. Same design as the dynaflow, but SS instead of AL. I have one & I love it to death. Plus Centerflag's customer service is on par w/ AGD's :eek:

alooney11
12-14-2004, 07:08 PM
GEt an apocalypse 2k for 269.99 on thier site i cannot believe that price, you dont want to know what i paid for mine. They have awesome service as well with blow up diagrams and trouble shooting guides. A+