PDA

View Full Version : will paiting your mag viod your warrnty?

west406
11-07-2001, 05:21 PM
will paiting your mag viod your warrnty?Should i yous modeling paint or industrail paint?

Army
11-07-2001, 05:43 PM
You don't need a poll to ask this question, that's just silly.

AGD will honor the stars on your valve, but can not be responsible for any damage to a paintjob. AGD techs will do their level best to NOT hurt your paint, but stuff happens you must agree.

Best paint to use is powder-coat. This is a resin that is applied in a dry powder(!) form, and then baked at 400F to melt and cure the paint. It forms a very hard surface finish that is quite durable.

RedRider, a member on these forums, does excellent powder-coat jobs for a very reasonable price. You can have nearly any color you could imagine, he also does "fade" work.:cool:

n1mr0d
11-07-2001, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by west406
will paiting your mag viod your warrnty?Should i yous modeling paint or industrail paint?
i don't think AGD cares unless it don't work because of something the paintjob did..... they aren't anal like other companies are...they know when the paintjob is responsible for your sear being jammed :D

Russ
11-07-2001, 07:04 PM
I vote that you use the spellchecker! ;)

AGDMINIMAGAGD
11-07-2001, 07:11 PM
i agree with russ:D

n1mr0d
11-07-2001, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by west406

oh boy....what happened to the spellchecker? textbook example of what will make you look like a m00tard.

Chaos
11-08-2001, 12:16 AM
actually if I remember correctly, you're not supposed to paint the bottom of the body (where the body contacts the body rail). Basically, there is a certain amout of space needed for the sear to properly contact the on/off pin and bolt. Painting the body can cause tolerance problems with that required space, which I believe counts as modifying your gun which voids your AGD warrenty. Dont quote me on this tho, I believe it was said a while back but i'm not sure so DO A SEARCH

Wheelman
11-08-2001, 07:31 AM
I think it says in your warranty info that it will, AGD also says it does not cover abuse such a wrapping the gu around a tree when you lose a game. Now that is honesty at it finest, no wonder I love this company!

cphilip
11-08-2001, 07:48 AM
If it is found to be the problem, assuming it has one, they will charge you to fix it as would be expected. Otherwise its not realy an issue. However painting is not the way to go. Powder coating like Army said is a much thinner coat and less likely to cause a problem. Redrider will even tape off the bottom of the body for you and not coat that if you like so there will be no chance. However, I will say, he did three bodies for me without this and they all worked fine. You can always sand it off if it does cause a problem.