PDA

View Full Version : lightest gas through foregrip?

Failure
11-07-2001, 05:22 PM
Hey, I'm trying to shave some weight from my minimag. The heaviest part being the valve, second being the foregrip(I'm not counting the tank). Is there a foregrip that is lightweight?

sbikeclix
11-07-2001, 05:30 PM
what kind do you have on there now? i know the kapps are pretty light

Failure
11-07-2001, 05:45 PM
PMI pure energy regulator.

DYE-BaLLeR
11-07-2001, 06:22 PM
take that regulator off, theres a regulator in the valve and the tank has a regulator on it, ur gettin bad efficiency and ur triple regulating your gun!!!!

PyRo
11-07-2001, 06:35 PM
Using that reg will not effect your efficancy. It will restrict flow. You shouldn't be using a reg unless you are running Co2.
A reg is probably going to be heavier than a regular forgrip. The only way you are going to find out which is the lightest grip, is if you go to a store and find out yourself. Or if every AO member weighs theirs. :)

Failure
11-07-2001, 06:42 PM
True, the regulator isn't needed is it. The kid was using it with nitrogen too. Hmmm, thanks guys...you are all so helpful. BTW, I just got this gun and I absolutely love it. Im a newbie also, if you couldn't tell. Another thing, on the a.i.r. valve, where are the stars supposed to be... I can't find them.

T F
11-07-2001, 07:32 PM
You MAY have an old valve that does not have stars on it. The stars occured after a while as a way for AGD and the people that bought valves used to know if they had a warranty still on them. My mag does not have any stars... NOw what does this mean... Very little my good old mag AIR valve ROCKS and I suspect yours does too..

As far as regs go. Sell that third reg you have and make a little cake and buy yourself one of these two GT grips...

Kapp = Small light and for tiny hands.

PMI longer, thicker, heavier but made for bigger hands.

There are other GT grips and I am sure they are just fine but these are the two I have owned.

TF

Failure
11-07-2001, 07:50 PM
I am going to sell this PMI and get a kapp GT. It also came with a venturi and a stock bolt. Haven't used the venturi yet but I may sell it...from what I hear,read, they aren't all that better than the stock. True?

X-Plosive
11-07-2001, 08:03 PM
I own both a KAPP gas thru and a PMI gas thru. The PMI is soooo much nicer(surprisingly) The KAPP is made for petit girls.......seriously. I can bearly fit my first three fingers on there and my think practically touches my knuckle. KAPP is okay for smaller hand I suppose but i prefer the meatier PMI. The Weight of a gas thru ehh? I would assume the KAPP is lighter but you would assume a minimag body would be heavier than an automag body.......

DYE-BaLLeR
11-07-2001, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by PyRo
Using that reg will not effect your efficancy.

u wrong buddy, things like expansion chambers, remotes, REGULATORS, those take up some gas, sorry, but they do :)

Failure
11-07-2001, 08:28 PM
I don't exactly have ham hocks for hands, pretty slender fingers but I can get all my digits on the PMI with room to spare. 4" is all I need, for foregrips of course :P Choppin brocolli I think he was saying it doesn't add and efficiency, only takes it away.

DYE-BaLLeR
11-08-2001, 06:39 AM
he said it will not effect your efficiency, it will effect it by making it go down .

MINIRETROMARK
11-08-2001, 05:12 PM
try the dye gas thru grip it's pretty light.

emanjamin
11-08-2001, 05:55 PM
I don't even use a forgrip.
I have the front asa and put a remote screw in there with a mackro straight line there and it works perfectly fine. If I do need to grab onto the front I just grap the front asa and my fingers will just wrap around the mackro with no problem.

dawump
11-08-2001, 11:03 PM
For a foregrip I use part of a sprinkler system.. really.

Go to Ace Hardware and check out all the plastic pipes. For 89c you can buy a grey plastic pipe which is threaded at both ends and will screw straight into the Minimag vertical adapter. Then just cut it to length.

It is almost weightless and I got a grey which looks like it is designed to match the Mag body!

Then dump the gas-through aspect. Take a line directly from your tank ( and I'm guessing it's on a drop forward or something ) directly to the value.

Keith

Thordic
11-09-2001, 08:23 AM
My Dye Comfort Grip is really damn light...

At first it looks tiny and weird, but when you connect it to the vert. adapter, it makes a nice foregrip :)

MINIRETROMARK
11-09-2001, 01:54 PM
Thordic i totally agree with you

:)

MagNumPI
11-09-2001, 01:58 PM
http://www.wump.com/misc/pino1.gif

Sadly I know players that would kill for a barrel like this.. lol

dawump
11-09-2001, 02:01 PM
Yea.. they could use the 16 feet barrel to get an extra 16 feet in range ;-)

Keith