PDA

View Full Version : how to get sponsors

tfirmemdy
12-14-2004, 07:25 PM
hey, my team is starting to play more tournies and we are lookng for sponsors and we really don't know who to ask or how to go about asking companies.Can you guys please help me. :dance: :dance:

GA Devil
12-14-2004, 07:35 PM
build experience. PLay tourneys and do well. Make a team bio. Show the potential sponsor what you can do for them not just what they can do for you. If sponsor takes u, you become a form of advertisment for them so for them to look good u must look good. Dont just say "hey what can you give us?"

Titansu
12-14-2004, 07:45 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agreed! When I got sponsors for my indoor soccer team (15 yrs ago), I solicted banks, fast food resturaunts, and local speciality/hardware/hobby shops. I only asked like $10-20 donation from each business. We used thier donations - along w/ our $$ to pay for jerseys and the entry fees.

We got permission to put thier logo/name on the jersies and gave an extra to each to display in thier place of business. Win-Win situation. We got $$ and they got free advertisement.

Now that was indoor soccer. Blank short-sleeved shirts w/ some screen printing. Not a $55/each DYE jersey. Good luck.

B.A.M.
12-14-2004, 08:53 PM
Most sponsors want a video. SO make a video but wait until you think your good enuf. Dont want to be embarraesed

RtDaNiMaL
12-15-2004, 12:34 AM
redz usually does a lot of good sponsor's for beginning teams that have some tourny experience.

Dan

Lesta
12-15-2004, 12:36 AM
Titan, if they gave you money, it's not really free advertising ;).

Chris at Tech
12-15-2004, 11:22 AM
My advice is to start small and not expect the world.

The easiest first step is to probably find a 'home field'. Try to work out an agreement with the owner for cheaper paint/field fees/air fees in exchange for working as refs for walk-ons or field tourneys.

The bottomline is that when you're starting out, you need to have something to offer a potential sponsor. They're not just going to give away paint because you ask.

Once you get some more experience, another logical step is to put together a team resume and cover letter. And for the love of god, please pay attention to spelling and grammar :)

SlartyBartFast
12-15-2004, 11:42 AM
If someone were to ask me for sponsorship money, two questions immediately spring to mind:
1- Who are you?
2- What do I get in return? (or at least, what EXACTLY are you going to do with my support)

The group or person that can best show who they are, how professional and well organised they are, and can offer me the most in return will be most likely to win my support.

Muzikman
12-15-2004, 11:48 AM
Easiest way...get seen.

Even if it's by the local field or store. Start doing good and winning local events. When you start winning national events then move into the big boys.

SlartyBartFast
12-15-2004, 11:51 AM
Easiest way...get seen.

Need money to be seen, need to be seen to get money.
Sure sounds easy. :D

Muzikman
12-15-2004, 12:03 PM
Well, the difference is, you should not rely on your sponsors to pay your way every weekend. To play paintball you need money, sponsors just make it easier. So I say even if you have sponsors, you still need money.

Titansu
12-16-2004, 10:47 AM
Titan, if they gave you money, it's not really free advertising ;).

ok.. reduced advertising. :cuss:

Loud Tim
12-16-2004, 12:05 PM
be a pirate!!
kill all take no prisoners!!!
ARRRGGGGGG

Twitch04
12-16-2004, 12:29 PM
ok heres my advice:
1) make friends with local fields and or stores because haveing them as friends helps a ton.
2) be seen at your best not your worst.
3) remember in this sport tis who u know AND what you know. Paintball is based off skill and good sportsmenship. if u blow up at refs u can kiss most sponsers goodbye because your makeing them look bad.
4) have a home field is one of the biggest because most paint sponsers only sposner good teams or teams with fields backing them for advertisement reasons.
well GL and hope to see you ont he field someday

Mr. Mouse
12-16-2004, 02:44 PM
get a job, get out and try to play tournys and practice, just do the best you can someone will find you, no im not on a sponsored team or anything im just a lone paintball player but hey i might get on a team or some day or something